OT: Pastner to Georgia Tech? | The Boneyard

OT: Pastner to Georgia Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why would GTech hire Pastner? Ever? Memphis will be a nice open job for someone willing to eat crud for two years or so until they straighten it out.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Why would GTech hire Pastner? Ever? Memphis will be a nice open job for someone willing to eat crud for two years or so until they straighten it out.
Their AD stayed Xavier for 15 years. He clearly isn't a good decision maker.

Reaction Score
They did this with Brian Gregory. The fanbase at Dayton celebrated when GT hired Gregory away.

Reaction Score
I'm hearing that Memphis is going to go hard after Greg Marshall. If they landed him, the roster of coaches in the AAC would be eye opening.

caw

Reaction Score
Brian snow from scout is on Twitter claiming Memphis is a better job than uconn. What a clown. Guess who agrees with him?

I have to believe they forgot about UConn. That said Memphis is probably the second best job in the AAC and probably pretty close to UConn as a job, not close as a program though.

caw

Reaction Score
Also some GT fans think if Pastner takes the job he will try and hire Sharman White as an assistant. I think White would be the better coach of the two.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I have to believe they forgot about UConn. That said Memphis is probably the second best job in the AAC and probably pretty close to UConn as a job, not close as a program though.

They didn't forget. It was pointed out and they doubled down.

caw

Reaction Score
They didn't forget. It was pointed out and they doubled down.

Edit:

To be clear they are talking solely about the job, not the program? I do think it is pretty close actually. I give UConn the advantage due to practice facility but I could see the argument for Memphis based on arena and recruiting area. It's actually pretty close when discussing the HC job which is more about money/recruiting/facilities and arena. I'd argue money and recruiting are pretty similar with UConn having a huge advantage in regards to practice facilities and Memphis using a better arena.

As programs UConn is way ahead. That is a record/history comparison.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
does anyone else think a Memphis booster donated a large sum of money to Tech? maybe even paid off their AD?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Memphis is a very good job for all the reasons mentioned- Solid history, excellent facilities, strong alumni and university support, central recruiting area and NO academic restrictions on recruiting.

Reaction Score
Not really. A strong Memphis program is good for UConn as long as they are in the AAC.

I liked beating them and Josh helped make that happen with his inability to coach. Good recruiter, not too good of a coach so good for GaTech I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom