OT: OSU/Oregon | The Boneyard

OT: OSU/Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Im watching the game and i noticed that OSU has two players wearing number 12:confused: The qb and a defensive back are wearing it. Is this legal in college ball? Am i missing something?

Reaction Score
Im watching the game and i noticed that OSU has two players wearing number 12:confused: The qb and a defensive back are wearing it. Is this legal in college ball? Am i missing something?

Yeah it's fine, every team does it and it's rather stupid too. I hate that they allow it.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
Yeah it's fine, every team does it and it's rather stupid too. I hate that they allow it.

Many of them have more than 100 active players. It's either that, three digit numbers, or letters.

Reaction Score

You can't have 2 of the same number on either offense or defense. I don't believe those with the same number can be on the field at the same time.

Reaction Score
OSU! OSU!!!!!! B1G! So happy for the B1G. Screw the Southern teams and screw the West Coast. I'm all about geography. Keep the winning teams up here. LOL.

Maybe Connecticut ends up in the B1G someday!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Definitely didn't see this coming but those two 3rd down drops in the 1st quarter changed everything. More important than leaving points on the field, it allowed Ohio's D to rest and wore down the Ducks d.

Reaction Score
Ohio State looks like the much better team. A couple fluky turnovers kept Oregon in it for a while but Ohio State just seems to have better players.

Reaction Score
So the question is.... How many more millions will Phil Knight have to spend to create a true college football culture @ Oregon, or more importantly, to win a national championship? Its gonna take a while boysssssssssss

tOSU!

The saddest part of all of this is thinking that SEC bias wouldn't have made this game possible if the BCS was still around. So glad the SEC hype is dying out. B1G got the respect it deserves

Reaction Score
Definitely didn't see this coming but those two 3rd down drops in the 1st quarter changed everything. More important than leaving points on the field, it allowed Ohio's D to rest and wore down the Ducks d.
That's what I thought at the time of the drops but it became clearer and clearer that OSU is a much better team as the game wore on.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
That's what I thought at the time of the drops but it became clearer and clearer that OSU is a much better team as the game wore on.

I wonder a little about how the game might have changed if they got a TD with the short field after the fumble recovery. The Oregon running back did a terrible job on the first play running wide with all sorts of room to cut up the middle. I wondered what he could have possibly been looking at. Then, they score a TD with the old rules, but got pushed out of the back of the end zone. Once OSU forced them into a FG and smash mouthed their way down the field, it was over.

A few little things didn't go Oregon's way - holding penalty on a big KO return after it was 28-20 (I'm sure it was the correct call - the flagged dude seemed more upset with himself than angry when the camera showed him). Probably should have been a personal foul on the play Mariota was injured (two steps and a little extra put into the tackle to drive him into the ground), and then having to go to the backup costs them five more yards with a false start, so that drive died on the vine right when they needed to make a push.

But ultimately, Oregon couldn't stop OSU, and OSU could stop Oregon, so I kind of think none of the above things matter. Ultimately, OSU won all of the important head to head battles.

Reaction Score
OSU! OSU!!!!!! B1G! So happy for the B1G. Screw the Southern teams and screw the West Coast. I'm all about geography. Keep the winning teams up here. LOL.

Maybe Connecticut ends up in the B1G someday!

With all the Big East love and now this, you clearly do not fit in here

Reaction Score
walker11 said:

The guy roots for 1/4 of the United States - and the 1/4 that has 75 percent of the colleges in it. I like his odds of being happy.

Reaction Score

HOLD IT! I though Connecticut fans have been dreaming of being in the B1G!!! Whats up now???

I would love for Connecticut to be in the B1G!

Reaction Score
The guy roots for 1/4 of the United States - and the 1/4 that has 75 percent of the colleges in it. I like his odds of being happy.

Word! LOL

Man, I can believe ya dislike the Big Ten.

I dream of UConn in the B1G one of these days. I guess I really don't fit here. rofl

Reaction Score
ecasadoSBU said:
Word! LOL Man, I can believe ya dislike the Big Ten. I dream of UConn in the B1G one of these days. I guess I really don't fit here. rofl

I'd love to get into the B1G. I'm just trying to get a head start on resenting Ohio State and Michigan, so we fit in with the masses. It's just as important as AAU.

Reaction Score
Hate Urban Meyer, not a good guy. But man, he's a damn good coach isn't he? Credit where credit is due.

Reaction Score
OSU defense was so rested. Amazing that they go into next year with a 3 qb problem. I will say that Jones at 6'5" 250 was a beast with a cannon. Very impressive what he did.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Hate Urban Meyer, not a good guy. But man, he's a damn good coach isn't he? Credit where credit is due.
I must inquire as to why you hate him?

Reaction Score
I must inquire as to why you hate him?

He's a pretty sleazy guy.. he let the inmates run the team at Florida (Percy Harvin cursed out coaches, failed drug tests and pretty much told them what he was and wasn't gonna d0), he used the religion card to influence recruits (told one kid that God wanted him to come to Florida.. really?) Then when the Tebow gravy train ran out, he suddently had health problems and needed to spend more time with his family. Until the job he wanted came along. He's like Squid-lite (Calipari).. the CFB equivalent anyway

Reaction Score
He's a pretty sleazy guy.. he let the inmates run the team at Florida (Percy Harvin cursed out coaches, failed drug tests and pretty much told them what he was and wasn't gonna d0), he used the religion card to influence recruits (told one kid that God wanted him to come to Florida.. really?) Then when the Tebow gravy train ran out, he suddently had health problems and needed to spend more time with his family. Until the job he wanted came along. He's like Squid-lite (Calipari).. the CFB equivalent anyway

Really? Are you making this up or do you have sources?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I see it as OSU had the bigger more physical team that had that plus speed at the roght positions.
Oregon is a more finess type team.
If you let the bigs rest - they will beat you up

Reaction Score

dogfan has it all here CTBasketball. I am quite sure he couldn't have saved Hernandez but he didn't care about him as a person as much as the W's, as well as many other players. Maybe a better guy than I know, but I believe more along the lines which dog fan is pointing out. He wouldn't take the ND job unless they changes their academic ways to ensure he could get the players he wanted years back. Florida took care of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom