OT - Oriakhi | The Boneyard

OT - Oriakhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My wife is a CSU grad, and I got up to a few games this year. CSU's center Colton Iverson is a beast on the boards, and has a very good post up game. If Oriakhi doesnt bring it, he could have a rough game.

Not sure how this game is going to play out. CSU is probably a bit overrated in the MWC, but they have a senior laden lineup, solid guards and good big men. They might be ready to win a game in the tourney.

Reaction Score
My wife is a CSU grad, and I got up to a few games this year. CSU's center Colton Iverson is a beast on the boards, and has a very good post up game. If Oriakhi doesnt bring it, he could have a rough game.

Not sure how this game is going to play out. CSU is probably a bit overrated in the MWC, but they have a senior laden lineup, solid guards and good big men. They might be ready to win a game in the tourney.
Hope it's this one... just for AO.

Reaction Score
I think Forde is a pr*ck, but I've always enjoyed these best/worst case columns. For posterity, here are our entries from 2011 and 2012. Amazingly, we actually overachieved our best case scenario in 2011. Conversely, the worst case for 2012 was shockingly prescient, except for the part about Syracuse winning anything (come on, Forde).

2011:
Connecticut (3)

Best Case: The Kemba Show just keeps on going, all the way to Houston. Scoffing at fatigue and defenders, Kemba Walker continues to make ridiculous shots for four more games. He shoots down Bucknell, Cincinnati, San Diego State and Duke, then cuts down the nets in Anaheim with nothing more than a sharp glance. UConn finally taps out in the Final Four against Ohio State, but by then the sheen is restored to Jim Calhoun's résumé. Big East renames its tourney Most Valuable Player award the Kemba Trophy. Walker is so touched he decides to come back for his senior year in an attempt to win his namesake trinket.
Worst Case:: Returning to the site of the George Mason meltdown of '06, UConn runs out of gas Thursday night in D.C. Five games in five days catches up with Walker, and he goes 3-for-17 from the field against Bucknell in a first-round shocker. Nobody else can pick up the slack, because they're all exhausted, too. Calhoun gets ejected for dog-cussing the refs. Walker goes pro on the guidance of new advisor Josh Nochimson.

2012:
9. Connecticut

Best case: After a season of searching, Huskies finally locate their inner champion. Jeremy Lamb is Kemba Lite, averaging 25 points per game and dominating the perimeter in concert with Shabazz Napier and Ryan Boatright. Alex Oriakhi and Andre Drummond awaken from a long winter’s slumber and start dominating inside. Rejuvenated Jim Calhoun orchestrates an upset of Kentucky in front of 20,000 Big Blue fans, takes out VCU in the Sweet 16 and beats Duke yet again in a late-round NCAA game. Even a Final Four loss to Michigan State doesn’t feel so bad after great March run. All the underclassmen return to school and Calhoun decides he can coach one more year. In an emergency session, ACC votes to rescind Syracuse offer after drug-test revelations and take UConn instead.
Worst case: Huskies never do locate their inner champion, play like a team with a low basketball IQ (and a low APR) and are unceremoniously bounced by Iowa State. Lamb, Napier and Boatright combine to shoot 8-of-33 against the Cyclones, with 10 turnovers. Drummond decides running all the way from one end of the court to the other is simply too much work and malingers around midcourt until being benched. Calhoun and his aching back retire 24 hours later. Syracuse wins the national title on its way to the ACC, which still has zero interest in UConn no matter how much the Huskies beg.

Reaction Score
I've seen Mizzou lay enough stinkers this year not to pick CSU.

Reaction Score
Mizzou lost their 2nd game in the SEC tourney and will prob lose first round in NCAA. Hopefully those extra 3 games were worth it to AO quitting on a program he won a NC at. Missouri fans say the same thing we did last year. The kid has no heart if things aren't going his way in the first five minutes. He quits.

Reaction Score
What is the obsession with Oriakhi? He left who cares move on and stop acting like middle schoolers with an ex.

Congrats on being so mature on the situation......I hate the SOB and hope he fails miserably and don't mind saying it, and actually could care less about your middle school thought.......although I'm extremely proud of you!

My thing is he ruined last years team in so many ways and pissed on our HOF coach who made him what he was........how any Husky fan can feel good about him or not wish him to himself in the tourney is beyond me, but maybe when I grow up I'll get it!!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Congrats on being so mature on the situation......I hate the SOB and hope he fails miserably and don't mind saying it, and actually could care less about your middle school thought.......although I'm extremely proud of you!

My thing is he ruined last years team in so many ways and pissed on our HOF coach who made him what he was........how any Husky fan can feel good about him or not wish him to himself in the tourney is beyond me, but maybe when I grow up I'll get it!!:rolleyes:

"I hate the SOB and hope he fails miserably" . . . you're, what, 50 years old and you're talking about a kid who transferred from the basketball program you root for and occasionally acted like a brat. That's his crime.

And you're so consumed with outrage about it that you have to reiterate how much you "hate" him every time his name or his team is mentioned. I can see why people comment on it, it's pretty ******* sad, man. In this respect, at least, you should grow up.

I'm not saying you need to take down your little poster of the girl in the bikini, but at least with the AO thing you should try to move on.

Reaction Score
Doesn't Missouri literally have like 2 wins away from home?

Reaction Score
"I hate the SOB and hope he fails miserably" . . . you're, what, 50 years old and you're talking about a kid who transferred from the basketball program you root for and occasionally acted like a brat. That's his crime.

And you're so consumed with outrage about it that you have to reiterate how much you "hate" him every time his name or his team is mentioned. I can see why people comment on it, it's pretty ******* sad, man. In this respect, at least, you should grow up.

I'm not saying you need to take down your little poster of the girl in the bikini, but at least with the AO thing you should try to move on.

Wow, that really hurt. I am grown up and you are not anyone I need to prove it to my friend.........again maybe you should rethink what this board is all about Big Crack.........opinion and "hate" may have been too trash and for that I do apologize, not to you but to the fact I ask my son not to use that word. I can't stand him and hope he fails though........and I'm okay saying that and could;) really care less what the hell you think. By the way there was no "crime", he's just a coward and he left the program i root for like one with his tail between his legs........that's fine if you're okay with that but I prefer to lean on the one's who stayed!!! After all I am a Husky fan right, not a Mizzou fan........

Reaction Score
I hope he fails. Him and his family did piss on JC. He's going to play in Euro I guess and make some money though.

Whatever I'm just glad he didn't carry mizz to a NC or anything like that. That would sting alittle.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What is the obsession with Oriakhi? He left who cares move on and stop acting like middle schoolers with an ex.

Honestly, posts like this are the most tiring duck*ing things on this board.

The thread has Oriakhi in the title. If you don't want to read it, don't duck*ing click on it.

Reaction Score
I like him. I hope his team has a nice run in the tourney.

Just kidding. Mau, did I get you fired up a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom