OT: Off season? Nope Food season!! | The Boneyard

OT: Off season? Nope Food season!!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It's time. It's been a while . I just realized I'm the MacGyver of the kitchen and will prove it for you here over the next couple hours.

My stove/ oven broke last night . Leaking gas . 2 more days until the one I bought today is delivered.
August needs to eat. Lack of oven/stove won't stop him. And this will not be a grilling substitute . I'm too lazy to yank my BBQ gear out of garage up to a patio that hasn't been shoveled yet.

Nope.
I will use some common ( and one not so common) household items and STILL eat better than you bozos.

Stay tuned......

Reaction Score
Can't wait. This is my favorite season. At last we can stop with the pretenses about this being a Hoops board and talk burgers, BBQ, pizza and beer.

Reaction Score
It's time. It's been a while . I just realized I'm the MacGyver of the kitchen and will prove it for you here over the next couple hours.

My stove/ oven broke last night . Leaking gas . 2 more days until the one I bought today is delivered.
August needs to eat. Lack of oven/stove won't stop him. And this will not be a grilling substitute . I'm too lazy to yank my BBQ gear out of garage up to a patio that hasn't been shoveled yet.

Nope.
I will use some common ( and one not so common) household items and STILL eat better than you bozos.

Stay tuned.
You need to sous vide anything and everything.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Nope.

Stay tuned.

I can see it now. The common items are a car and a $10 bill, and he drives to Arby's.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Nope.

Stay tuned.
Only a wannabe doesn't grill all year long. Fraud, I say.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I had to make time work for me .

What could I use to do that ?

A crock pot!

August took a boneless pork shoulder and this morning before work rubbed the crap out of it with herbs and spices ( which I won't tell you) and dropped it in a crock pot.

And just walked in the door to this :
3zZnI1q.jpg

But is that the end is that what this is about? A pork shoulder rubbed with some stuff in a crockpot? "What a disappointment of a thread , August"

No. This is just the beginning of our journey, we just hit the on ramp of the highway. Strap yourselves in , it is 263 miles to flavor town it's dark and I'm wearing sunglasses.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Ok she's out of the crockpot, resting.

Two questions.
Why is she resting?

Why did I put her back in a net to cook?

They are hints to the fork in the road of flavor town

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I'm doing Zatarain's Dirty Rice with an accompaniment of asparagus tips. And drinkin' Hobbit Juice.

:mike drop:

:moonwalk exit stage right:

Reaction Score
I had to make time work for me .

What could I use to do that ?

A crock pot!

August took a boneless pork shoulder and this morning before work rubbed the crap out of it with herbs and spices ( which I won't tell you) and dropped it in a crock pot.

And just walked in the door to this :
3zZnI1q.jpg

But is that the end is that what this is about? A pork shoulder rubbed with some stuff in a crockpot? "What a disappointment of a thread , August"

No. This is just the beginning of our journey, we just hit the on ramp of the highway. Strap yourselves in , it is 263 miles to flavor town it's dark and I'm wearing sunglasses.
OMG, that looks like the BM I left in the toilet this morning.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
So the pork went in the crockpot dry .

Everything here left is rendered fat and juices . Guess who is going to shove all that sliced pork right back into that liquid gold?

August. That's who

WdybVnY.jpg

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Dude, bring some to work tomorrow for me and I'll pick it up.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
How to you boil, blanch and sautéed broccoli rabe in red pepper flakes and garlic?

With a microwave and an electric skillet!

SVQnwfX.jpg

Reaction Score

Nope.

Stay tuned.
I'm glad you didn't try the stove.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I had freekah. And miso butter chicken with sliced carrots and kale. Kale is disgusting. you blue apron and your automatic, you were too slow to cancel, deliveries.

Nice pork sammich.

Reaction Score
I'm doing Zatarain's Dirty Rice with an accompaniment of asparagus tips. And drinkin' Hobbit Juice.

:mike drop:

:moonwalk exit stage right:

Dirty rice from a box? Meh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog