OT: October is National Pizza Month | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: October is National Pizza Month

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Looking for some feedback on this Pizza Hut Detroit Style pizza.

Reaction Score
9003554A-09CC-422D-8B27-13E9AB2FF137.jpeg

Reaction Score
Where does one go to get Pizza Hut in Connecticut? I don't think I've ever seen one in this state.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Support your local restaurants & buy pizza!!!!! It's the perfect food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know, I've eaten it for all 3 meals many times, as late as last weekend :D

When I used to get large or xl large pizzas... they would last awhile and I've eaten them for all three meals. Nowadays.. I usually just get either pizza by the slice at my favorite place (Tony's) or a small to medium pizza

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Since the last time this thread was "up" -

We have found a better Tucson pizza - Piazza Gavi, a slightly expensive last remnant of a group of restaurants Gavi owned, he's been around since 1992. It isn't overly convenient and we had never had their pizza (very tasty Italian dishes) - but, given how hard it is to get good pizza out here - we tried and we liked. He hails from Italy, not NY.

Hope everyone supports their local places. Haven't had Pizza Hut or any other chain in years - at least 2 other places besides Gavi have tasty pizza - Bear Canyon (close to NY but not quite so greasy and huge slices) and Grandma Tony's (it is what it is, really like it, not NY or Chicago style).

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Best pan pizza ever from the original Uno and Duo places in the near north side Chicago. Started going the in the 60's and it's still the best. Regular pizza comes from the Home Run Inn, Chicago near west suburbs. In Georgia the pizza sucks, by far the best pizza is in the frozen section, again it's the Home Run Inn pizza. Yes by far it's better than any pizza joint we have eaten at in the Atlanta suburbs. Don't believe me, give it a try, I offer a limited guarantee, if you don't agree I'll eat one just to confirm my opinion;)

Reaction Score
I grew up in Manhattan and the Bronx, and I never thought I’d praise a pizza made west of the Hudson River. But Moose’s Tooth Pub and Brewery in Anchorage, Alaska is surprisingly good. And their brews are excellent.

Here in San Diego, Regents Pizza next to the UCSD campus is good. And they have about 30 great beers on tap, most local. (Footnote: San Diego is the craft brew capital of the Western World. We have about 160 breweries and tasting rooms in the county. Most great.)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Best pan pizza ever from the original Uno and Duo places in the near north side Chicago. Started going the in the 60's and it's still the best. Regular pizza comes from the Home Run Inn, Chicago near west suburbs. In Georgia the pizza sucks, by far the best pizza is in the frozen section, again it's the Home Run Inn pizza. Yes by far it's better than any pizza joint we have eaten at in the Atlanta suburbs. Don't believe me, give it a try, I offer a limited guarantee, if you don't agree I'll eat one just to confirm my opinion;)
I have been to the original Uno in Chicago. The line was long, but the food was good.

Reaction Score
Biggest Pizza Mystery:
What is the need for Pizza Hut, Dominos, Little Caesars, etc. in NYC?
I mean, we have more good pizzerias, in every borough, than Rome, Naples and Palermo.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Biggest Pizza Mystery:
What is the need for Pizza Hut, Dominos, Little Caesars, etc. in NYC?
I mean, we have more good pizzerias, in every borough, than Rome, Naples and Palermo.
Alright let us not get carried away here by confusing quantity and quality.
I saw this item hanging on a wooden pizza peel at one of my favorite local pizza place
Pizza was invented in Italy in ~1500.​
First Pizza Place in NYC was 1905​
A 400 year head start is kind of hard to overcome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom