Ot- new couch | The Boneyard

Ot- new couch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Im now in the market for a new couch. Any sugestions?

Reaction Score
One big blue leather f'er with a picture of Coach Calhoun on it!! LOL

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I actually closed my eyes and started to rub my temples as soon as I opened this thread.

The Big East has another knife in its back, Calhoun is retiring...and he is asking what kind of couch to get? And why must he skull duck* the English language with every post? Would it kill him to use spell check? Is he trying to kill me?

While my eyes were closed and my blood vessels were starting to creak like overfilled balloons, I had an epiphany. The sports world around me is in tatters and I have nothing else to cling to than the idea of Dan's couch. I am going to ignore the calamity and throw myself into the process of finding Dan a new couch. Dan's couch is absolutely the happiest thing we can discuss here.

So, yes, Dan, I do have some ideas on what kind of couch you should get.

I do like leather furniture and I have a leather chair somewhere in this house...I don't like sleeping on leather, though. Too hot. So I am going to say avoid leather couches.

Are you a tall fellow? Most couches, including the nicer ones in this house, are not made for someone over 6' to lie down on. Unless you're a little guy, make sure that you can lie down on it without having to scrunch into a ball. And make sure it's wide enough so you can sit on it without the cushions stopping midway under your thigh - you need a man-sized couch.

The couch in my den was so big that I had to cut some of the wood in it so I could "fold' the couch around the door frame to get it in here. Then I screwed it all back together and stapled the fabric back. (Apparently, after a few beers, I become a skilled craftsman....because I can't do that sober.)

In fact, bring your remote control to the furniture store, lie down on the couches and get comfy.

This is not a decision that we're going to make lightly - what time will you and your wife be picking me up to go furniture shopping?

SJ

Reaction Score
We got a lazyboy and it's great because the recliners are well hidden and seat a lot of people! I swore I'd never have an ugly recliner couch, but it's quite heavenly with big screen, remotes, and popcorn. You can configure your own sectional or buy pre made configured couches, loveseats, etc. Ladd & Hall, a real furniture store! In the beautiful heart of Rockville, LOL.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
th

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I actually closed my eyes and started to rub my temples as soon as I opened this thread.

The Big East has another knife in its back, Calhoun is retiring...and he is asking what kind of couch to get? And why must he skull duck* the English language with every post? Would it kill him to use spell check? Is he trying to kill me?

While my eyes were closed and my blood vessels were starting to creak like overfilled balloons, I had an epiphany. The sports world around me is in tatters and I have nothing else to cling to than the idea of Dan's couch. I am going to ignore the calamity and throw myself into the process of finding Dan a new couch. Dan's couch is absolutely the happiest thing we can discuss here.

So, yes, Dan, I do have some ideas on what kind of couch you should get.

I do like leather furniture and I have a leather chair somewhere in this house...I don't like sleeping on leather, though. Too hot. So I am going to say avoid leather couches.

Are you a tall fellow? Most couches, including the nicer ones in this house, are not made for someone over 6' to lie down on. Unless you're a little guy, make sure that you can lie down on it without having to scrunch into a ball. And make sure it's wide enough so you can sit on it without the cushions stopping midway under your thigh - you need a man-sized couch.

The couch in my den was so big that I had to cut some of the wood in it so I could "fold' the couch around the door frame to get it in here. Then I screwed it all back together and stapled the fabric back. (Apparently, after a few beers, I become a skilled craftsman....because I can't do that sober.)

In fact, bring your remote control to the furniture store, lie down on the couches and get comfy.

This is not a decision that we're going to make lightly - what time will you and your wife be picking me up to go furniture shopping?

Thank you for taking this to heart. My gf and i would love a double date. Maybe on saturday? I had many memories with my old couch but 2night i had to make a decision based on todays events. I enjoyed many winning moments on my couch from uconn games to 40hands wins to late night wins and so on. Todays events made me realize that it was time for a new start. The couch went out with a bang and a crisp in memory of a legend.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You're not married which is good because women become fussier about furniture when they become wives - I'm not even sure we need to bring her.

Anywho, what's our budget here? No reason to go nuts, right? We're just looking for something you can spill some beer on after Deleone calls a triple reverse on 3rd and 1, no?

Reaction Score
You're not married which is good because women become fussier about furniture when they become wives - I'm not even sure we need to bring her.

Anywho, what's our budget here? No reason to go nuts, right? We're just looking for something you can spill some beer on after Deleone calls a triple reverse on 3rd and 1, no?

Since he's not married the occasional beer spill as well as the fact he's still able to watch games while he's getting a beaner leading to some double spillage also.........keep the plastic on like Gramma did dan!! LOL

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Well i have a crispy one now in the backyard. I need a normal one. Im thinking under 500 if possible. Or i can be a cheap bastard and check craigslist for couches from crackhouses. Those come with suprises. Its amazing the turn this thread has taken. I cant stop laughing. Im glad mets got it right away but now i really want a new couch.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Since he's not married the occasional beer spill as well as the fact he's still able to watch games while he's getting a beaner leading to some double spillage also.........keep the plastic on like Gramma did dan!! LOL
I have had trouble keeping plastic on things before so this is not the route im looking to go.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have no idea what you're trying to say, Mau, but let's keep it clean - as far as you know, Dan's mom will sit on that couch watching the Sound of Music on Christmas Eve. (Dan can ScotchGuard for the other 364 days of the year - not our business.)

Anywho, if we can move past the cretin above and get back to our shopping, what about something in a media-orientated sectional? Cup holders, a bunch of cubbies to store whatever the hell people store in couches, (guns?), and a pair of recliners in a Star Trek Bridge-inspired motif.

BOB6PC-MO_Multiplex_LAFRecliner2ConsoleWedgesArmlessLoveseatRAFReclinerStorageOttoman1.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Or maybe something like this....lots of room to stretch out on. Sit, lie down, half-sit/half-lie down - this couch does it all.

It even has a fold-out bed in it that says, "Sure, you can sleep over, sweetie, and I'm sure we can make room for a couple of your girlfriends if things get friendly."

19500728_Libre_2PieceSectionalLAFSofaRAFChaise.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't really know what to say about this next couch. It just seems like two or three couches welded together to form a super couch. If you're looking for an upside here, and you take Mau's filthy, filthy line of thought to a conclusion, I guess this couch assures you that no matter what happens, there's a dry spot somewhere for you to sit on.

20010270_Tristan_SofaWedgeLoveseat.jpg

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Make sure you keep the old couch so that we may raise it to the rafters of the XL Center.

Next to the 1986-87 Adams Division Championship banner, it's a fine tribute.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If you're looking for storage, this one is the way to go.

Screen-shot-2010-03-17-at-8.59.01-PM.png

Reaction Score
Or maybe something like this....lots of room to stretch out on. Sit, lie down, half-sit/half-lie down - this couch does it all.

It even has a fold-out bed in it that says, "Sure, you can sleep over, sweetie, and I'm sure we can make room for a couple of your girlfriends if things get friendly."

Have this one in my HUSKY ROOM upstairs (in Blue).........which is now Husky N XBox room where my 16 year old lays all over my stuff playing and then brings his girlfriend up there......thus far no staining so it must be stain proof!! LOL....................so you know it's nice n comfy...or was!!
19500728_Libre_2PieceSectionalLAFSofaRAFChaise.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I have no idea what you're trying to say, Mau, but let's keep it clean - as far as you know, Dan's mom will sit on that couch watching the Sound of Music on Christmas Eve. (Dan can ScotchGuard for the other 364 days of the year - not our business.)

Anywho, if we can move past the cretin above and get back to our shopping, what about something in a media-orientated sectional? Cup holders, a bunch of cubbies to store whatever the hell people store in couches, (guns?), and a pair of recliners in a Star Trek Bridge-inspired motif.

BOB6PC-MO_Multiplex_LAFRecliner2ConsoleWedgesArmlessLoveseatRAFReclinerStorageOttoman1.jpg

I really like this one. How much? It says im here to party and watch the game yet its formal enough that wine can be drank from a box.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
999!?!?!!! This could put me back a month or so. Maybd if i pick evan williams instead of jim bean or jack for the next 30 times it will even out. Im going to sleep on this now. Decisions to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom