OT: Nets hire Jason Kidd as their new HC. | The Boneyard

OT: Nets hire Jason Kidd as their new HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I'm sure coach killer Deron Williams will have tons of patience with him.

Reaction Score
Has any NBA player had that quick of a transition into coaching, aside from Bill Russell as a player-coach.

Reaction Score
Has any NBA player had that quick of a transition into coaching, aside from Bill Russell as a player-coach.
I would say no. Like everyone is saying, this was probably in the works for months. I believe Kidd had a $5 million option for next year and turned it down??? This could be the reason why.

Reaction Score
Crazy... so much for the Nets wanting to "win now".... While Kidd had a solid career, he's had plenty of run ins with the law (DUI/Wife Beating). His judgment is not always the best...

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Crazy... so much for the Nets wanting to "win now".... While Kidd had a solid career, he's had plenty of run ins with the law (DUI/Wife Beating). His judgment is not always the best...

Solid? Kidd won an NBA title, two Olympic gold medals, is second on the career list in assists and steals, and was a 10-time All-Star. That's a sure fire, first ballot Hall of Famer career.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Solid? Kidd won an NBA title, two Olympic gold medals, is second on the career list in assists and steals, and was a 10-time All-Star. That's a sure fire, first ballot Hall of Famer career.

when you said "kidd" i thought you were talking about a "kid" lol

Reaction Score

I'm sure Robert Guerrero's father agrees with you.

Reaction Score

That's solid to me. He's been an excellent player & I'm not knocking that but his off the court judgement has been controversal at times. However, the Nets have repeatedly said they wanted a proven coach to lead them to a championship. Then they go & hire Kidd who has zero coaching experience. A total 180.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I guess there's a chance this works out, but at face value, this really looks like a bad a hire.

Reaction Score
Deron can't apply his coach killing tactics when jkidd invented them

Reaction Score
I guess there's a chance this works out, but at face value, this really looks like a bad a hire.

But might be better than just hiring one of those retreads who continue to get coaching jobs but never win big.

Reaction Score
I'm sure coach killer Deron Williams will have tons of patience with him.

Supposedly one of the big reasons for the hire is their close relationship and the hope that Kidd can handle Williams. We'll see.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Kidd is also third all time on the three pointer list.

Reaction Score
Kidd is also third all time on the three pointer list.

At at 35% clip. Yikes. Hope he hires a separate shooting coach.

Reaction Score
Kareem and Patrick were first to send their congratulatory texts.

Reaction Score
By the end of his career, he was mostly functioning as an assistant coach anyway. I'm not sure this is going to work, but, you know, what the hell.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
At at 35% clip. Yikes. Hope he hires a separate shooting coach.

Huh? 35% is good. It's the equivalent of making 52.5% of 2-pointers. Am I missing something?

Kidd started out as a terrible shooter and then ended up being a pretty darn good 3-point shooter.

Reaction Score
35% isn't really good, probably puts him in the bottom half of players who shoot more than 2 or 3 per game. Then you have to consider disparity in drawing fouls.

That said, Kidd made pretty nice improvements to hit 40% several times. He clearly hasn't been shooting well near the end of his career since he's been having to take more 3s and just plain getting older. I'm sure he knows a thing or two about working on a 3 point shot.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Supposedly one of the big reasons for the hire is their close relationship and the hope that Kidd can handle Williams. We'll see.

Isn't the right move to trade Williams to the highest bidder? Having a coach killer at point is a...well....team killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom