OT: Nets hire Jason Kidd as their new HC. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Nets hire Jason Kidd as their new HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Count me in with those glad to see the move. How many times do Rick Adelman, Mike Dunleavy, etc., get chances and win nothing. What's the worst that can happen you don't win a title? They ain't winning one with that roster and they have a lot of money sunk in with players that I just can't see them winning it all with.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Count me in with those glad to see the move. How many times do Rick Adelman, Mike Dunleavy, etc., get chances and win nothing. What's the worst that can happen you don't win a title? They ain't winning one with that roster and they have a lot of money sunk in with players that I just can't see them winning it all with.

They can't really duck it up much worse, can they? And if they do? High draft pick, which is gold in the NBA.

Reaction Score

I'd take Adelman out of that list. He made the Finals twice with the Blazers, would have made the Finals once (and almost certainly won) with the Kings if the NBA didn't decide to fix Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals, and did pretty well with the Rockets of the oft-injured Yao/McGrady era.

I think he's a good coach. Not Jackson/Pop/Riley/Auerbach good, but in the van Gundy category (about two steps down).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'd take Adelman out of that list. He made the Finals twice with the Blazers, would have made the Finals once (and almost certainly won) with the Kings if the NBA didn't decide to fix Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals, and did pretty well with the Rockets of the oft-injured Yao/McGrady era.

I think he's a good coach. Not Jackson/Pop/Riley/Auerbach good, but in the van Gundy category (about two steps down).

Where do you put Karl and Larry Brown?

Reaction Score

Not that I think those guys are bad coaches, but sports in general has this,thing about hiring retread instead of giving a younger guy a chance, and thus we end up with a Paul Pasquoloni, when you possibly could find yourself a Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
Not that I think those guys are bad coaches, but sports in general has this,thing about hiring retread instead of giving a younger guy a chance, and thus we end up with a Paul Pasquoloni, when you possibly could find yourself a Kevin Ollie.

PG's do make good coaches like Ollie

Doc Rivers
Lenny Wilkens
Mark Jackson
Cousy (he made BCU respectable)
George Blaney was an NBA PG

Reaction Score
Where do you put Karl and Larry Brown?

I put Larry Brown ahead of the van Gundys, and Karl probably with or below them.

Brown is tough. He always takes on pretty weak teams and maximizes their talent (as opposed to Jackson). I really respect him as a coach, he just doesn't have the longevity at one team that played at high enough of a level to put him in that uppermost echelon.

George Karl is tough two. He overperforms in the regular season (has to matter), but then underperforms in the post-season (matters more).

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I hope it turns into a spectacular failure... because well who cares... it's Brooklyn... and it might as well provide some entertainment value.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I hope it turns into a spectacular failure... because well who cares... it's Brooklyn... and it might as well provide some entertainment value.

Yah, watching NY sports teams flame out is funny. Really, outside of the Yanks and Giants, they've been hurting....

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
PG's do make good coaches like Ollie

Doc Rivers
Lenny Wilkens
Mark Jackson
Cousy (he made BCU respectable)
George Blaney was an NBA PG

Isaiah Thomas
Magic Johnson
Scott Skiles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Isaiah Thomas
Magic Johnson
Scott Skiles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do this with any position. I wonder how much position has to do with coaching? There are just a lot more people under 6'8" than over it, and so there is a larger pool of players who played PG, SG, and SF in their past.

Reaction Score
You can do this with any position. I wonder how much position has to do with coaching? There are just a lot more people under 6'8" than over it, and so there is a larger pool of players who played PG, SG, and SF in their past.

role/players journey men type make the best coaches because they have to rely more on scouting reports, and be involved in some form of a coaching role, like KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom