OT - need a new golf cart bag, recommendations? | The Boneyard

OT - need a new golf cart bag, recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
went to Golfsmith and they pushed the Ogio Cirrus and the SUn Mountain C130. I'm lazy so I don't carry a bag - ride or pull cart is my thing. Anyone have a bag they love? Need a present for the family for Fathers Day!

Drumguy

Reaction Score
Lol. I was thinking the same thing. If I'm not carrying my bag I can use a 5 gallon bucket just fine.
actually unless you're a little person, your clubs would fall out of the bucket.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, a 39 gallon Hefty trash bag will do.

Truth be told, go to a Dick's, look at cart bags in the $75-$125 range and pick the brand and color scheme you want.

Reaction Score
Go to. MG Golf on line.
They have a cart bag for 85 bucks.
It looks pretty good for the Money.
My bud uses their hybrids
There products are not bad.
Out here bags last about 2 years my Ogio
looks like its 10
I'm thinking of trying this

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Even if you always ride, a bag with a stand is not a bad idea. Easy to drop your bag outside the clubhouse and not worry about finding a place to lean it. And if its cart path only and you play like me, your ball is always on the other side of the fairway (or in the rough on the opposite side) and its easy to grab the stand bag for the long hike so you have all your clubs and don't have to go all the way back to the cart because you grabbed a 5 iron when you need to hit the ball 80 yards.

Reaction Score
Cart bags have feature you can't find on stand bags like a waterproof beverage compartment .

Reaction Score
Cart bags have feature you can't find on stand bags like a waterproof beverage compartment .

My cart bag has a waterproof beverage compartment. It's not huge, but if I were carrying, I'm probably not bringing a 12-pack and if I'm riding, I don't need to stuff them in my bag, they go in the cart rack in a cooler.

But I get your point. Cart bags are usually bigger with more compartments and have some different features. I just prefer a stand bag and did not want the OP to completely rule one out.

Drumguy

Reaction Score
My cart bag has a waterproof beverage compartment. It's not huge, but if I were carrying, I'm probably not bringing a 12-pack and if I'm riding, I don't need to stuff them in my bag, they go in the cart rack in a cooler.

But I get your point. Cart bags are usually bigger with more compartments and have some different features. I just prefer a stand bag and did not want the OP to completely rule one out.
Thanks, I have a sun mountain carry bag that is on its last legs (literally) and found that I never carried it - for the past 10 years, so having the extra pockets and dividers is what I really wanted. Figured we had some serious golfers who might have an opinion!

Reaction Score
I would suggest a nice big stand bag, Taylor Made and Callaway have some nice deals out there...........my buddy does have some real nice cart bags on EBay and at home though if you want I can find a deal for you. Some are like Srixon pro size bags, monsters he needs to get rid of, may be able to get one cheap for you......let me know.......

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In speaking with Fishy at the Cancer event, I was made aware that it is important to get a professional golf bag, as they carry the largest amount of beer humanely possible.

This will be an important feature if we have another boneyard golf outing. Don't hold your breath though.

Reaction Score
Problem is, they don't let you compare by Liter. How the hell are you supposed to figure out maximum beer capacity?

they have real good deals on coolers too,........it's all creativity intlz...........!!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
they have real good deals on coolers too,........it's all creativity intlz...........!!

Fair enough, ma. I'm a guy who carries the smallest lightest bag I can find. I'm too competitive to drink much on the course. Maybe a beer a nine. When I've cut out my opponents throat, then I will enjoy a 6 pack in the club house.

Haven't played golf in 10 years btw. But I worked at a course for a number of years. And there's the holiday inn thing.

Reaction Score
went to Golfsmith and they pushed the Ogio Cirrus and the SUn Mountain C130. I'm lazy so I don't carry a bag - ride or pull cart is my thing. Anyone have a bag they love? Need a present for the family for Fathers Day!
Really hard to find, but HotZ had some great deals in the past couple years. Not sure if they went out-of-business, but I picked up a carry bag, 3.5#, for $29 (I am almost positive you won't find one lighter or cheaper), and a retro style cart bag for $40. I had an old HotZ cart bag from the late '70s that I actually carried for a long time. Still in the garage, broken zipper. Now I can't find one light enough. I'm just stunned at what places are asking for golf bags, but I guess if you have $1500-$2000 for clubs what's another $200 for a bag.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Really hard to find, but HotZ had some great deals in the past couple years. Not sure if they went out-of-business, but I picked up a carry bag, 3.5#, for $29 (I am almost positive you won't find one lighter or cheaper), and a retro style cart bag for $40. I had an old HotZ cart bag from the late '70s that I actually carried for a long time. Still in the garage, broken zipper. Now I can't find one light enough. I'm just stunned at what places are asking for golf bags, but I guess if you have $1500-$2000 for clubs what's another $200 for a bag.

This one's just under four grand. :D

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wait....they make bags to carry golf clubs? Wow, I feel a little silly now.

I cannot wait to tell Tse-ten and Lhak-pa - this new discovery will make my golf outings that much easier on them.

depositphotos_8048039-Porters-carrying-heavy-loads-on-their-back-annapurna-nepal.jpg

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Get one with individual slots for each club, keeps them from getting jammed together and helps keep track of your sticks.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Get one with individual slots for each club, keeps them from getting jammed together and helps keep track of your sticks.

Those drive me nuts! My clubs always get stuck half way down. Maybe this is just bias coming from a former bag boy who had to clean clubs for a living. Individual club slots were a royal pain in the arse for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom