OT: NCAA softball playoffs start today | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA softball playoffs start today

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I haven't watched much this year. Can anyone dethrone Oklahoma?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pretty wild game in Columbia, MO. 2 out walk off RBI single for Washington, get the 8-7 win over Indiana. Both teams looked to be firmly in control...and then not...at various points in the game. Dawgs went thru 4 pitchers, all of them gave up at least 1 run. Not feeling good about them making it out of the Regional.

Reaction Score
If it were a single elimination tournament I would say maybe. A “hot” pitcher is akin to a hot goaltender in hockey or soccer. But double elimination gives you a chance to recover from a hot pitcher. I think OU is a prohibitive favorite.

Full Disclosure: Having served two tours of duty at Ft. Sill, OK I am partial to OU.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I unfortunately have them as the favorite, and actually think, as said above, that the double elimination is a factor.

They obviously can be beaten, something that was less certain other years, but beaten twice in any of the 3 opportunities (Regional, Super Regional, World Series) seems quite unlikely. But I really, really don't like Oklahoma.

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
Oklahoma is still the Top Dog but they got some serious competition on their heels. Texas, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Florida are pretty tough.
Of these teams listed, I'd watch out for Florida. They've been hot in recent weeks. I don't think much of Tennessee, so I'd be surprised to see them make a run despite their seed.

Look out for an angry and underseeded Duke team.

Reaction Score
Not thrilled that the SEC is hosting almost every Regional but they seem to over rated every single year. In history they have won 4-5 titles but the get seeded like they are the ones to beat every season. Oklahoma is great again this year but they are beatable. I don't see a champion from east of the Mississippi this year.

Reaction Score
Of these teams listed, I'd watch out for Florida. They've been hot in recent weeks. I don't think much of Tennessee, so I'd be surprised to see them make a run despite their seed.

Look out for an angry and underseeded Duke team.
Tennessee got some hitters!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not thrilled that the SEC is hosting almost every Regional but they seem to over rated every single year. In history they have won 4-5 titles but the get seeded like they are the ones to beat every season. Oklahoma is great again this year but they are beatable. I don't see a champion from east of the Mississippi this year.
Yep, every year. Get their entire conference in the field too. Utterly ridiculous. I think they only have 3 Titles total, and it's been quite a while. But they are adding Oklahoma, so that will help.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Blue Devils love fried chicken

8805-CrispyFriedChicken--3x2-072-d55b8406d4ae45709fcdeb58a04143c2.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Rain storms have pummeled NC this afternoon and evening. Aftera major delay, they finally wrapped up the Morgan State - Utah elimination game around 7pm. Then the tarps came back out postponing the Utah-Little Carolina elimination game until tomorrow.

So whoever wins that will have to beat Duke twice to advance. Considering Duke has lost 6 games all year thay will be a difficult task to say the least.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@nwhoopfan can't count on a malamute for nuffin. :oops:. Needed them to knock off Mizzou. Hopefully Omaha can put the Tigers out of their misery.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yes.
Ever since I found out in February that almost every Sooner game was on ESPN+, I have been watching them (I consider them the UConn of softball).
The Sooners of the previous 3 seasons are not this team. One reason is not having Jordy Bahl this season. Maxwell is a very good replacement but I don't think that she has been as dominant.
They were not playing well before the Big 12 tournament but did win it. They were rewarded by being seeded #2 for the NCAA post season. Another example of a sport where conference tournament champions are not rewarded accordingly.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
@nwhoopfan can't count on a malamute for nuffin. :oops:. Needed them to knock off Mizzou. Hopefully Omaha can put the Tigers out of their misery.
Unfortunately this came as no surprise at all. The purple puppies lost 6 of 7 entering the playoffs, wasn't much expectation for them to advance.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Does Arizona ever miss the WCWS? Doesn't seem to matter if they have a very mediocre season, they end up there anyway. They thrive winning Regionals hosted by SEC teams.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma is still the Top Dog but they got some serious competition on their heels. Texas, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Florida are pretty tough.
I believe Texas was the number one ranked team for most of the season. Assuming they made in the finals it'll be a great series against the Sinners, I mean Sooners.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Does Arizona ever miss the WCWS? Doesn't seem to matter if they have a very mediocre season, they end up there anyway. They thrive winning Regionals hosted by SEC teams.
I could be mistaken, and am too lazy to Google it, but I think that they missed playing in the post season last year.
I have not watched any of their games so far this year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Fried chicken, grilledchicken, baked chicken, roasted chicken, chicken fingers, chicken wings, chicken and waffles... It don't matter. Blue Devils Love to feast on chicken. On to the supers. First 50 win season in school history. The Hell with a $EC

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I do love to make fun of the SEC this time of year, but they're getting quite a few teams through the Regionals. Definitely had the deck stacked in their favor though w/ what, 12 teams to start with?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I do love to make fun of the SEC this time of year, but they're getting quite a few teams through the Regionals. Definitely had the deck stacked in their favor though w/ what, 12 teams to start with?

13. Mizzou and UGA were as good as dead... Especially Mizzou.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom