OT- NBA Trade Deadline 2019 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT- NBA Trade Deadline 2019

Reaction Score
The Knicks most likely weren't luring any All Stars before this, and they certainly aren't now.

Not true, now an All Star player can bring a buddy with him.

Phil Jackson is long gone which ends the triangle scare, Dolan has stopped meddling and Perry has a good rep as does Fizdale. This move is the opposite of what the Knicks have done in the past, usually they are trading away draft picks for the injury prone, cap clogging "star".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
KP wanted out. The Knicks get to unload the last of the Jackson/Mills money in Lee & Hardaway. They get 2 future 1st round picks that they can use as trade chips, They get Dennis Smith to either start at PG or use in a trade. They will have a top 5 pick this year. They are perfectly positioned to go after Durant/Davis/Kyrie. If they land 2 of those 3 it's a great move. If they don't everyone gets fired. If KP stays healthy and signs an extension with the Mavericks it's a great deal for them. If not everyone in Dallas gets fired.

Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
Meh, people said the same about Joel Embiid. I wasnt ready to throw in the towel. I highly doubt we land 2 max guys and if one of them is AD or Kyrie, you are still talking about dealing with frequently injured players. I'm not sold on dennis smith Jr but we shall see. With any luck he'll be good enough to make sure we end up with a pick outside of the top 3. Such great management we have in NY!
Landing outside the top (bottom) three is what scares me the most. Petrifies me really.

Imo betting on KP staying healthy is a about the same as betting Knicks land 2 top max guys. Both are far from a sure thing. The guy wanted out. Goodbye.

Reaction Score

It's going to be rough for Boston when they have no Kyrie or AD and they're paying Horford and Hayward $60m next season.

Reaction Score
Landing outside the top (bottom) three is what scares me the most. Petrifies me really.

Imo betting on KP staying healthy is a about the same as betting Knicks land 2 top max guys. Both are far from a sure thing. The guy wanted out. Goodbye.

IF KP really wanted out, I'm with you good riddance, but Im not sure so of that. Even if that is true based on this meeting that just happened yesterday, you take all of 1 or 2 hours to make a deal for someone who is as valuable as KP? If that is what really happened, its beyond stupid not to sit on any offer for a few days at least. More likely is that the Knicks had this deal in place for days and when they spoke with KP (perhaps provoking him) they just pulled the trigger... I think this was planned by the Knicks.

Either way what is done is done. At this point you just hope we dont max out 2 guys that arent worthy of the max because we strike out on AD, KD, or Kyrie. And lets continue to hope we dont squander our hopes for finishing with one of the worse 3 records in the league. The Knicks have botched tank seasons in the past, trying to win later in the year. Lets hope for once we can at least be proper losers. If you cant even lose properly, wow... This organization just cant get out of its own way.

Reaction Score
Knicks may have assets for Anthony Davis now.

Couple different places confirmed the Knicks offered KP in a package and the Pelicans turned it down. I'm guessing they wanted more picks and didn't want the risk of KP not signing his extension.

Does Knox, Robinson, 2019 1st, and Dallas's two future firsts get it done?

Trier definitely can't be traded and Dennis Smith Jr is limited to some weird trade/contractual stipulations. I don't believe he can be lumped in a package to make salaries work since he was just acquired. The Pelicans are also reportedly adamant about including Solomon Hill in a deal. His contract isn't terrible; one more year at $12m. Basically what the Knicks just shipped out in Courtney Lee.

The cupboard is pretty bare at that point. Even assuming AD's presence leads to Kyrie...

Kyrie/Frank
Trier/DS Jr
Hill (whoever gave this dude 4/$48m should be banned for life from NBA FOs)
AD
Kornet or someone else.

At least the Knicks would still own all their own future picks after 2019. That team isn't winning the East though. I can't believe I'm going to type this but the Knicks might be better off passing on AD.

Reaction Score
Im having dreams of Anthony Davis getting traded to LA (Lonzo included in deal.) Then in free agency Kemba and Klay form a superteam with them.

Reaction Score

Yeah that doesn't sound good. I can understand the sentiment in a surface level but how can you blame Ainge for that amazing steal? Hayward making more this year than IT has in his career sounds terrible but truthfully IT has been extremely unlucky.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Yeah that doesn't sound good. I can understand the sentiment in a surface level but how can you blame Ainge for that amazing steal? Hayward making more this year than IT has in his career sounds terrible but truthfully IT has been extremely unlucky.

AD's dad should keep his mouth shut. The NBA is a business, and that IT deal was an absolute steal for the Celts. What does he think they would trade AD if they acquired him? There's gotta be something more underneath the surface on this

Reaction Score
AD's dad should keep his mouth shut. The NBA is a business, and that IT deal was an absolute steal for the Celts. What does he think they would trade AD if they acquired him? There's gotta be something more underneath the surface on this

What's going on underneath the surface seems obvious. Him and his camp are signaling that they want to be in LA asap.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's going to be rough for Boston when they have no Kyrie or AD and they're paying Horford and Hayward $60m next season.

Eh, that was a cherry picked quote. Ironically, the entire interview was about how the media twists things. Here's a bit of context:

Reaction Score
What's going on underneath the surface seems obvious. Him and his camp are signaling that they want to be in LA asap.
Yep. Celts are in a bit of a dangerous position right now.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Agreed. I’m not sure how they make a deal. It would have to be a 3 way with Middleton going out or basically everyone else besides Middleton and freak.

Not sure there’s a way around it

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I don’t believe brow would leave Boston if kyrie resigns.

So basically the question is what is going on in that dome.

Reaction Score

Boston is not getting AD and they will most likely lose Kyrie this summer as well. Ainge should be looking to trade him ASAP.

Reaction Score

Maybe he doesn't want to play in Boston. It could be that simple

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom