OT- NBA Trade Deadline 2019 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- NBA Trade Deadline 2019

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He is signing the QO what do you mean?

He could sign a huge extension and get more money than he would if he signed it in NY. If he leaves Texas for another state with an income tax he’d get less than with Dallas even if they could offer the same deal.

Reaction Score
He could sign a huge extension and get more money than he would if he signed it in NY. If he leaves Texas for another state with an income tax he’d get less than with Dallas even if they could offer the same deal.
But they said he is signing the Restricted FA offer with Dallas. He isn't on the open market yet

Reaction Score
I cant stop being a Knicks fan much like i cant stop being a Uconn fan but i'm with you man. unless they pull off a mircale and land 2 max guys I'm probably not watching for some time. I will definitely be watching the Mavs. I am highly disappointed, I'm a huge KP fan.
I'm still a fan too but I kind of stopped letting the idiocy bother me. The thing is they are gonna have a ton of cap space and a guaranteed top 3 pick (possibly Zion) and another first rounder from this deal. For any other team I would be talking about the possibility of Durant, Anthony Davis. Zion etc. Dolan has burned me so many times before that I no longer think they're even capable of doing anything that isn't disastrous. I'm with you, I love KP.

Reaction Score
I'm still a fan too but I kind of stopped letting the idiocy bother me. The thing is they are gonna have a ton of cap space and a guaranteed top 3 pick (possibly Zion) and another first rounder from this deal. For any other team I would be talking about the possibility of Durant, Anthony Davis. Zion etc. Dolan has burned me so many times before that I no longer think they're even capable of doing anything that isn't disastrous. I'm with you, I love KP.

Yup i dont see any Max guys lining up to come to NY because of Dolan and his reputation. I hope i'm wrong. I hope we have something lined up already that has motivated this move. But yea, I dont think they are smart enough. KP being a player that we drafted and was just getting better and better. Really sad to see that kid go and I truly wish him the best. What a joke this franchise is man.

Reaction Score
Might be time to start rooting for the Nets. At least they have Shabazz..
This just arrive for me in the mail just an hour ago. I'm all in on Shabazz and the Nets. They're fun to watch!
Img_1603.jpg

Reaction Score
Yup i dont see any Max guys lining up to come to NY because of Dolan and his reputation. I hope i'm wrong. I hope we have something lined up already that has motivated this move. But yea, I dont think they are smart enough. KP being a player that we drafted and was just getting better and better. Really sad to see that kid go and I truly wish him the best. What a joke this franchise is man.
He also has missed 140 games in his career so far and there is no guarantee he is going to come back strong from an ACL injury. He's 7'3.

He was going to play out next year on the QO and then become a free agent. He wasn't going to sign with the Knicks.

Knicks got back a potential starter at PG, a first round pick and cap flexibility for a guy who was gone in a year and is coming off a major injury. Best they could probably do.

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The Knicks just improved the current team. They traded away a young superstar to chase two max dudes (who will never, ever, ever come here) and reduced their chances at getting Zion.

Fire the franchise directly into the center of the sun.

Reaction Score
He also has missed 140 games in his career so far and there is no guarantee he is going to come back strong from an ACL injury. He's 7'3.

He was going to play out next year on the QO and then become a free agent. He wasn't going to sign with the Knicks.

Knicks got back a potential starter at PG and cap flexibility for a guy who was gone in a year and is coming off a major injury. Best they could probably do.

Meh, people said the same about Joel Embiid. I wasnt ready to throw in the towel. I highly doubt we land 2 max guys and if one of them is AD or Kyrie, you are still talking about dealing with frequently injured players. I'm not sold on dennis smith Jr but we shall see. With any luck he'll be good enough to make sure we end up with a pick outside of the top 3. Such great management we have in NY!

Reaction Score
Meh, people said the same about Joel Embiid. I wasnt ready to throw in the towel. I highly doubt we land 2 max guys and if one of them is AD or Kyrie, you are still talking about dealing with frequently injured players. I'm not sold on dennis smith Jr but we shall see. With any luck he'll be good enough to make sure we end up with a pick outside of the top 3. Such great management we have in NY!
Fine forget about the injury history. He made it clear to the team he was going to hit unrestricted free agency after next year. He wasn't going to resign.

So they at least got cap flexibility going forward and a draft pick. They are going to trade/buy out the other 2 guys coming back.

Reaction Score
Fine forget about the injury history. He made it clear to the team he was going to hit unrestricted free agency after next year. He wasn't going to resign.

So they at least got cap flexibility going forward and a draft pick. They are going to trade/buy out the other 2 guys coming back.

IF that is true, you still have time. This smells like dolan getting mad at whatever KP said and saying move him now! Why act so fast. Take a few days to cool down and make a decision with a clear head. They just reacted. I hope it works out, but tell me the last time the Knicks made good decisions? They dont get the benefit of the doubt anymore from me.

Reaction Score
I don't even like Dennis Smith Jr. but the most laughable part of it is they could have drafted him instead of the cr@ppy French guy. And they had to clear cap space because they signed arguably the worst contract in the league with Hardaway Jr. And now with this trade as you point out they will probably be just good enough to take themselves out of getting Zion or Barrett.

Reaction Score
IF that is true, you still have time. This smells like dolan getting mad at whatever KP said and saying move him now! Why act so fast. Take a few days to cool down and make a decision with a clear head. They just reacted. I hope it works out, but tell me the last time the Knicks made good decisions? They dont get the benefit of the doubt anymore from me.
That was my first thought. I have no confidence they have anything lined up.

Reaction Score
I don't even like Dennis Smith Jr. but the most laughable part of it is they could have drafted him instead of the cr@ppy French guy. And they had to clear cap space because they signed arguably the worst contract in the league with Hardaway Jr. And now with this trade as you point out they will probably be just good enough to take themselves out of getting Zion or Barrett.

To be fair, they a different GM who probably likes Smith more. And it may have been much harder to get off Hardaway than it seems. They can not possibly give away draft picks to package with him. And we know tampering is rampant - maybe they know they are in great shape with KD plus Kyrie or another max guy. But you are right in that this organization never, ever deserves the benefit of doubt.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
But they said he is signing the Restricted FA offer with Dallas. He isn't on the open market yet

I thought it said he was signing the qualifying offer.

That’s a one year deal that leaves him a UFA after next year.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the Knicks buy out Matthews and somehow rid themselves of Jordan so they can maximize the tank. I am pretty sure Jordan can be traded but not sure if there is a rule preventing it, similar to newly signed FAs.

Reaction Score
To be fair, they a different GM who probably likes Smith more. And it may have been much harder to get off Hardaway than it seems. They can not possibly give away draft picks to package with him. And we know tampering is rampant - maybe they know they are in great shape with KD plus Kyrie or another max guy. But you are right in that this organization never, ever deserves the benefit of doubt.

Reaction Score

I am a jaded Knicks and do not like the trade. I am playing devil's advocate. Their current GM was employed by the Kings at the time of those 2 acquisitions. In the grand scheme of things, it is a disaster how those moves panned out but those are sunk costs. The fact that the Knicks allowed Mills to sign Hardaway while he was an interim is a joke.

Reaction Score
The guy always needs to be the contrarian. They have a 14% at Zion, max. Knox is far from a surefire star.

Are you sure Zion’s game translates to NBA star? I’m not sure its a given

zls44

Reaction Score
I am a jaded Knicks and do not like the trade. I am playing devil's advocate. Their current GM was employed by the Kings at the time of those 2 acquisitions. In the grand scheme of things, it is a disaster how those moves panned out but those are sunk costs. The fact that the Knicks allowed Mills to sign Hardaway while he was an interim is a joke.

It doesn't matter who is the GM or when. It isn't Steve Mills' fault, it was never Phil Jackson's fault.

As long as James Dolan owns the Knicks, they will never, ever, ever, ever win.

zls44

Reaction Score
Meh, people said the same about Joel Embiid. I wasnt ready to throw in the towel.

PHI put up with all of the waiting on Embiid. They were patient. They took care of him.

KP had one major injury, is 23 years old, IGNORE HIM FOREVER BLOW IT UP EVERYONE RUN

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom