NBA Playoffs | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
I think LBJ is an insufferable doosh...but I don't think it's even close. He coasts* during a lot of the regular season (as he should at his age), but when he turns it on, he's a force of nature.

*which is a better level than pretty much everybody anyway

This^^^^^ can't stand the man he has turned into after being young and humble early on in his career. Thinks everyone owes him, thinks he should be able to negotiate with the refs every time he thinks they're wrong which is way too often and gets away with murder. But he's also easily the best player in the game year in year out for a while now.

Reaction Score
Giannis getting star treatment. Ridiculous

Edit: got a make up call finally.

Then should have gotten a T for the antics

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Speaking of JJ Reddick can you believe how long/good(?) of an NBA career he's had? I never would have thought he would spend 14 productive years in the league coming out of college.
The guy can flat out shoot
Yeah he lasted a lot longer than I would have guessed

Reaction Score
Passer, Rebounder, Leader, Better at getting to the rim.

Ball handling/passing are the same thing. They're about the same as rebounders. 2018 LeBron being better at getting to the rim is questionable. LeBron being a "better leader" isn't quantifiable, though if it were he'd probably lose in that regard due to being a driving force in Kyrie leaving (along with any hope LeBron had to win another title in Cleveland).

Reaction Score
Ball handling/passing are the same thing. They're about the same as rebounders. 2018 LeBron being better at getting to the rim is questionable. LeBron being a "better leader" isn't quantifiable, though if it were he'd probably lose in that regard due to being a driving force in Kyrie leaving (along with any hope LeBron had to win another title in Cleveland).
You’re just so incredibly wrong, I don’t have the time/patience to counter your points. Just recognize that pretty much everything you said, the opposite is true.

Reaction Score
You’re just so incredibly wrong,
Cardiac? Do you know what the Fudge are you doing? You're "arguing" with a guy who wrote this:
"Ball handling/passing are the same thing. They're about the same as rebounders."
Cardiac, come on man. You've got better things to do, like get that garage ceiling drywall finish-mudded. Or clean out those french drains. Or sharpen up that ol' maul just in case you get a hankering for splittin.
I mean, come on!

Regarding LBJ, I'm just happy that I have been able to watch the man play basketball. Truly remarkable. Read an article on his long ball - said this season his long-3 game is among the best. Ever. Remarkable.

His 7 (seven!!) finals appearances in a row streak may go down this year - just too many young guys, too many new and moving pieces. If he manages to drag yet another bunch like this to the finals it will be another one of his small miracles. Like that time he took GS to game 6 with Dellavadova as his starting point guard - a guy who has a career average of 6 and 3. Lol.
How anybody has enough hatred for this man to doubt his basketball greatness is well beyond me.

BTW - love the direct numerical comparisons of LBJ to Durant during the finals. The Ws have Curry and Thompson - two of the greatest shooters ever, playing alongside of Durant, in addition to a strong supporting cast that played great team D, and some think that a direct comparison of the numbers makes sense, as if the two men were facing the same defense (GS, #5 effective FG defense. Cleveland? 28 out of 30!). How silly!

Durant - great player, but not as great as LeBron.

Reaction Score
Cardiac? Do you know what the Fudge are you doing? You're "arguing" with a guy who wrote this:
"Ball handling/passing are the same thing. They're about the same as rebounders."
Cardiac, come on man. You've got better things to do, like get that garage ceiling drywall finish-mudded. Or clean out those french drains. Or sharpen up that ol' maul just in case you get a hankering for splittin.
I mean, come on!

Regarding LBJ, I'm just happy that I have been able to watch the man play basketball. Truly remarkable. Read an article on his long ball - said this season his long-3 game is among the best. Ever. Remarkable.

His 7 (seven!!) finals appearances in a row streak may go down this year - just too many young guys, too many new and moving pieces. If he manages to drag yet another bunch like this to the finals it will be another one of his small miracles. Like that time he took GS to game 6 with Dellavadova as his starting point guard - a guy who has a career average of 6 and 3. Lol.
How anybody has enough hatred for this man to doubt his basketball greatness is well beyond me.

BTW - love the direct numerical comparisons of LBJ to Durant during the finals. The Ws have Curry and Thompson - two of the greatest shooters ever, playing alongside of Durant, in addition to a strong supporting cast that played great team D, and some think that a direct comparison of the numbers makes sense, as if the two men were facing the same defense (GS, #5 effective FG defense. Cleveland? 28 out of 30!). How silly!

Durant - great player, but not as great as LeBron.
I was tempted to go off on a whole spiel to denounce the whole argument, but I didn’t wanna miss an entire episode of the show I’m watching.

Reaction Score
Funny how things are viewed differently. I thought Lebron had one of his best overall seasons this year (but I probably say that every year). One thing LJ still does better that KD is stay healthy and play more games

Reaction Score
Funny how things are viewed differently. I thought Lebron had one of his best overall seasons this year (but I probably say that every year). One thing LJ still does better that KD is stay healthy and play more games

And he throws teammates under the bus when he feels like it. Last time out after the 3 yesterday he stopped to ensure everyone saw him ripping Love about being out of position, something he tends to do too often. A classier guy would say something in the huddle as maybe he deserved it, not Lebron. As stated above a great great player but turned himself into a very unlikeable guy.

Reaction Score
And he throws teammates under the bus when he feels like it. Last time out after the 3 yesterday he stopped to ensure everyone saw him ripping Love about being out of position, something he tends to do too often. A classier guy would say something in the huddle as maybe he deserved it, not Lebron. As stated above a great great player but turned himself into a very unlikeable guy.
Ok Skip ;)
If I was on that team getting crushed by 15+ I would have done something far uglier down the stretch (to someone on the other team though).

Reaction Score
Ok Skip ;)
If I was on that team getting crushed by 15+ I would have done something far uglier down the stretch (to someone on the other team though).

But you're not.;)

Why your teammates, you need to build them back up for the rest of the series rather than lay the blame game. He's a .

Reaction Score
you need to build them back up for the rest of the series rather than lay the blame game. He's a .
Come on Mau. You don't like the guy and it's clouding your assessment.
You've got to "build them up." Really? Did you get that out of the "how to reach the NBA finals handbook"?
Maybe LBJ wants to challenge them. He is, essentially, the on the floor coach. Maybe he thought it was time to hold people accountable and call people out. Maybe, after carrying 8 different assortment of players to the finals on three different teams (CLE twice), he's got a handle on what it takes.
Maybe the soccer-participation-trophy wasn't what he thought was needed at this juncture.

The guy is constantly supporting his teammates. He is probably the greatest ball distributor who ever played, given his ability to score. He is an excellent team rebounder. Guy routinely props his guys in the press.

Given how much he carries this team, I have ZERO problem if he calls out their crappy play now and again.

Reaction Score
Come on Mau. You don't like the guy and it's clouding your assessment.
You've got to "build them up." Really? Did you get that out of the "how to reach the NBA finals handbook"?
Maybe LBJ wants to challenge them. He is, essentially, the on the floor coach. Maybe he thought it was time to hold people accountable and call people out. Maybe, after carrying 8 different assortment of players to the finals on three different teams (CLE twice), he's got a handle on what it takes.
Maybe the soccer-participation-trophy wasn't what he thought was needed at this juncture.

The guy is constantly supporting his teammates. He is probably the greatest ball distributor who ever played, given his ability to score. He is an excellent team rebounder. Guy routinely props his guys in the press.

Given how much he carries this team, I have ZERO problem if he calls out their crappy play now and again.

I liked the guy when he was a good guy, he's not any more pretty simple to me. You love the guy and it's clouding your judgement from what I can see. "greatest ball distributor that ever played"? And I'm cloudy LOL

Reaction Score
I liked the guy when he was a good guy, he's not any more pretty simple to me. You love the guy and it's clouding your judgement from what I can see. "greatest ball distributor that ever played"? And I'm cloudy LOL
Yes you are cloudy. You'll never be fair to LeBron.

Reaction Score
There is nothing like the overreactions after Game 1 in a seven-game series, regardless of the sport. NBA, MLB, NHL; it doesn't matter.

While I still think the Cavs will win their series, it's going to be interesting to see how LeBron behaves. He has a history of shutting down when things get tough. Kevin Love said he thinks LeBron's impending Decision 2.0 will have an impact on the team. I wonder if we'll see history repeat itself from the 2011 Finals where LeBron stopped being aggressive and somewhat disappeared. I think he knows he can't win a title with this team, wouldn't surprise me if they get in an 0-2 hole if he mails it in before leaving CLE this summer.

On another note, it's mind-numbing how terrible the officiating is in the NBA. It seems to get worse every year. We might be nearing a point where college officiating is better and that's really saying something.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Lance > Lebron
Born Ready > The Chosen One
The 8th Grader > The King
Coney Island > Akron

Reaction Score
Yes you are cloudy. You'll never be fair to LeBron.

You’re wrong. How could you know that? Don’t like the person but would be fair if he wasn’t such an a**hat to his teammates so often and to the refs always. If you see anything else then I say you’re clouded. Maybe we both are.

Reaction Score
You’re wrong. How could you know that? Don’t like the person but would be fair if he wasn’t such an a**hat to his teammates so often and to the refs always. If you see anything else then I say you’re clouded. Maybe we both are.

I'd agree with 'both'...but it's a slow day and I don't want to do anything that puts a damper on the feud...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom