OT- NBA playoffs Lillard | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT- NBA playoffs Lillard

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Nuggets had a million chances and were destroying the Blazers on the offensive glass in the 4th quarter. All they had to do was make a couple shots, they couldn't even make chippies last night. Jokic looked a bit gassed.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda...didn't, can't, won't. I believe another poster predicted a Denver slaughter of Portland on Jokic's broad but doughy shoulders. Cine mi se, Portland je najbolje.

Reaction Score
Apologies for sounding like a hardo but you guys realize how useless it is to go back and forth debating who had the better game when both admit they didn't watch? Both were bad but Jokic at least helped Denver get back in it. McCollum iced the game for Portland.

Reaction Score
Mark Jackson would be vastly improved as an announcer if he never spoke.

Reaction Score
Apologies for sounding like a hardo but you guys realize how useless it is to go back and forth debating who had the better game when both admit they didn't watch? Both were bad but Jokic at least helped Denver get back in it. McCollum iced the game for Portland.
That's kind of the point. FIGHT but possibly a slap fight.

Reaction Score
You're one of like 4 people who actually watches the games. It seems the ones with some of the strongest opinions don't even watch or like the NBA.

Reaction Score
Has there been a more overrated NBA player the past decade or so than Kyle Lowry? I've been calling him out for years, amazing he's a 5 time all-star.

Reaction Score
Has there been a more overrated NBA player the past decade or so than Kyle Lowry? I've been calling him out for years, amazing he's a 5 time all-star.
He's a poor man's Harden, great regular season player - drops off a cliff every year in postseason. But he's first and foremost a great defender, so evaluating him purely on his offensive output isn't fair. Yet equally matchup wise in the postseason you often see bigger guards and both his offense and D suffers. VanVleet was equally useless last night.

Saw the 2nd half of Philly-Toronto last night and was really impressed how the Sixers have gelled. Seems like Embid and Simmons being up and down created the necessary space for Butler to become THE guy. He is now the straw that stirs that drink and like Boston they've been a 2018-19 sleeping giant in terms of upside.

Reaction Score
He's a poor man's Harden, great regular season player - drops off a cliff every year in postseason. But he's first and foremost a great defender, so evaluating him purely on his offensive output isn't fair. Yet equally matchup wise in the postseason you often see bigger guards and both his offense and D suffers. VanVleet was equally useless last night.

Saw the 2nd half of Philly-Toronto last night and was really impressed how the Sixers have gelled. Seems like Embid and Simmons being up and down created the necessary space for Butler to become THE guy. He is now the straw that stirs that drink and like Boston they've been a 2018-19 sleeping giant in terms of upside.
Really. Really, really poor man's Harden. I get your point how they both fall off during the playoffs but as a player Lowry should never be mentioned anywhere near Harden. They both play in the NBA and they both perform worse in the playoffs, their only similarities.

Lowry is alright on defense but certainly not good enough where it mitigates his no show on offense. Somehow this guy has been labeled a star in his career and that's a joke to me.

Reaction Score
Playoffs are such a different animal. Talking heads seemed to be leaning towards prioritizing Harris over Butler just as recently as a month ago. There is no longer any debate on that. We see some of the same players year-to-year excelling in the regular season and slumping in the postseason. The mid-range jump shot is laughed at all regular season and then we see the best teams in the playoffs are those that can consistently create good looks regardless of whether they are from two or three.

Reaction Score
Really. Really, really poor man's Harden. I get your point how they both fall off during the playoffs but as a player Lowry should never be mentioned anywhere near Harden. They both play in the NBA and they both perform worse in the playoffs, their only similarities.

Lowry is alright on defense but certainly not good enough where it mitigates his no show on offense. Somehow this guy has been labeled a star in his career and that's a joke to me.
All true, he had 2 years of all-star quality play and stats, maybe 3rd team NBA-ish in 15-16, 16-17 and somehow, present company included we've collectively extended that to who he is. Turns out that was the anomaly and he's closer to his career averages 14ppg, 6 assist, 2.3 TO, 1.4 steals, 47% FG, 36% 3pt, yawn.
His playoff numbers are right there too, worse 3pt shooting otherwise spot on career average. Again you are right and we all need to throw out those two peak seasons from now on.

Reaction Score
Not sure I’ve ever seen a player get a friendlier whistle than Giannis.

Which is crazy considering I’ve watched LeBron’s entire career.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Manu Ginobili turning zero contact into acting like he was shot by a 50 cal....

Reaction Score

He is just really tough to officiate. In my opinion he could get more calls but is so big and strong that the refs swallow the whistle. Game one at least for sure. I just tuned in during the second quarter tonight so I may have missed some egregious calls.

Reaction Score
He is just really tough to officiate. In my opinion he could get more calls but is so big and strong that the refs swallow the whistle. Game one at least for sure. I just tuned in during the second quarter tonight so I may have missed some egregious calls.
He has as many free throw attempts as the entire Celtics team, and half of them came on gift calls. And that’s without mentioning how many egregious travels he gets away with, even by NBA standards.

I’m a much bigger NBA fan than college hoops fan these days, but the fact that certain stars play by a completely different set of rules cheapens things a bit.

Reaction Score
He has as many free throw attempts as the entire Celtics team, and half of them came on gift calls. And that’s without mentioning how many egregious travels he gets away with, even by NBA standards.

I’m a much bigger NBA fan than college hoops fan these days, but the fact that certain stars play by a completely different set of rules cheapens things a bit.

Pointing out the free throw disparity is pointless without context. I've noticed 2 bad calls in favor of Giannis. The first was a 1v2 where Al clearly raked his arm but wasn't called and then they called a foul on Tatum's block which looked clean. The foul on Kyrie was bad on that and 1. So maybe 1 undeserved point from Giannis in a double digit game. The worst call was the delayed call on Brown for his 5th as that came during MIL's game changing run. But Boston just hasn't been good enough.

Reaction Score
Pointing out the free throw disparity is pointless without context. I've noticed 2 bad calls in favor of Giannis. The first was a 1v2 where Al clearly raked his arm but wasn't called and then they called a foul on Tatum's block which looked clean. The foul on Kyrie was bad on that and 1. So maybe 1 undeserved point from Giannis in a double digit game. The worst call was the delayed call on Brown for his 5th as that came during MIL's game changing run. But Boston just hasn't been good enough.
Yeah, I never said the officiating was the difference.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I never said the officiating was the difference.

True. You did say half of his FTs were on gift calls. I counted 1 gift foul shot.. The officiating was ok throughout but a few bad calls against the Celtics during that run in the 4th hurt.

Reaction Score
I don't know what Malone is doing here. He has depth and he hasn't found even a couple minutes breather for Jokic. Gonna be 55 minutes for Jokic. Murray is also hurting badly.

Reaction Score
This is nuts. The refs call a bogus jump ball when Murray is getting fouled and then the ref throws the ball to Lillard on the jump ball.

Reaction Score
As a fan of neither team, this is fun to watch. Fan of either team, I'd be mad

Reaction Score
Triple overtime. Jokic gonna play 60 minutes, dude is exhausted.

Reaction Score
This is amazing. High level shots even while gassed. Pulling for Portland big time. CJ is the best off balance mid range guy in the game.

Reaction Score
Malone really screwed up not getting Jokic some rest. He's been beyond exhausted in all the overtimes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom