OT: NBA Offseason | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Offseason

Reaction Score
Holy crap that 76ers team is enormous and super talented. Richardson is a great fit too.
That's a monstrous starting 5. Fill the team in with 3 point shooters and that's the favorites to win it all next year.

Reaction Score
That's a monstrous starting 5. Fill the team in with 3 point shooters and that's the favorites to win it all next year.

I really like what Brand has done. Harris is a very good player but he was too good for his role on the 76ers and not worth the price. But it's a bad look not resigning him after the haul they gave to LAC. Flipping Butler for Horford and Richardson makes the team a defensive monster and makes Harris much more valuable. He is probably their closer - and this is probably the teams biggest weakness. We all know it's hard to run through a big in crunch time.

Reaction Score
What the heck are the Heat doing?

They don't get any flack from the media since their fanbase is terrible and it won't stir up ratings/clicks but that franchise has been a disaster since LeBron left.

Reaction Score
Durant really is a child...
Screenshot_20190630-203130_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
I really like what Brand has done. Harris is a very good player but he was too good for his role on the 76ers and not worth the price. But it's a bad look not resigning him after the haul they gave to LAC. Flipping Butler for Horford and Richardson makes the team a defensive monster and makes Harris much more valuable. He is probably their closer - and this is probably the teams biggest weakness. We all know it's hard to run through a big in crunch time.
Agree with all of that.

Reaction Score
They don't get any flack from the media since their fanbase is terrible and it won't stir up ratings/clicks but that franchise has been a disaster since LeBron left.

Probably couldn't be more wrong about their fanbase. As for what they are doing, it seems they are trying to get Bradley Beal as well. If they can manage that, they will have a nice setup for recruiting guys to join them in the next few seasons. This is probably Riley's last reshaping of their team, and it looks like he's trying to make it a good one.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I think they are $10 million over the cap with only 7 players. It is a lot easier to be GM if you can pay luxury tax.

They also just told Ben Simmons that they are not re-signing him.

Reaction Score
They also just told Ben Simmons that they are not re-signing him.

How is this any different than if they resigned Harris and Butler? This was always the position they would be in. I would seriously consider trading Simmons for a scoring guard.

Reaction Score
Probably couldn't be more wrong about their fanbase. As for what they are doing, it seems they are trying to get Bradley Beal as well. If they can manage that, they will have a nice setup for recruiting guys to join them in the next few seasons. This is probably Riley'shi last reshaping of their team, and it looks like he's trying to make it a good one.

Are you serious? During the Heatles era the arena was often half empty until midway through the second quarter. It's not exactly a hot take that Miami is a terrible town for pro sports.

What assets do they have left to go after Beal?

Reaction Score
Ramona Shelburne is saying the Knicks really didn't offer Durant a max. WTF?

Reaction Score
I am going to pass out soon and wake up to find Wiggins traded with D Lo joining his buddy KAT.

Which incompetent ownership group is going to land Wiggins? Knicks? Charlotte?

Reaction Score
NBA FOs never cease to amaze me with their stupidity but it might be a new low if some team is willing to take on that Wiggins contract. That's the worst contract in the league after John Wall.

Reaction Score
Are you serious? During the Heatles era the arena was often half empty until midway through the second quarter. It's not exactly a hot take that Miami is a terrible town for pro sports.

What assets do they have left to go after Beal?
I'm absolutely serious. They are the one franchise in town that has been run correctly and always tries to win. The people have supported that, and they show up. As for what they can actually give up for Beal, I can't say for sure, but I imagine Winslow, Adebayo, future picks, etc would be part of what they are trying to do. And before you say it sounds crazy, bear in mind that they just got Jimmy Butler for basically Josh Richardson and Goran Dragic. That sounds crazy and it just happened.

Reaction Score
NBA FOs never cease to amaze me with their stupidity but it might be a new low if some team is willing to take on that Wiggins contract. That's the worst contract in the league after John Wall.
One thing I have learned from years of following the NBA is that there is always someone dumb enough to take money off of your hands.

Reaction Score
I'm absolutely serious. They are the one franchise in town that has been run correctly and always tries to win. The people have supported that, and they show up. As for what they can actually give up for Beal, I can't say for sure, but I imagine Winslow, Adebayo, future picks, etc would be part of what they are trying to do. And before you say it sounds crazy, bear in mind that they just got Jimmy Butler for basically Josh Richardson and Goran Dragic. That sounds crazy and it just happened.

That was because Butler was a free agent and had leverage. Beal is a completely different situation.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Outside of all this offseason craziness, NBA as a product is still pretty boring. Silver has done a phenomenal job cleaning up the leagues image now he needs to find ways to make the regular season more competitive and entertaining. The NBA should steal some college basketballs ideas. Less regular season games, more tournaments. Basketball is the perfect sport for tournaments. Open the season up with and/or do a mid season all team single game elimination tournament.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Embiid: $27.3
Harris: $36
Richardson: $10.3
Horford: $27
Ben Simmons: $8.1
Zhaire Smith: $3.1
Thybulle: $2.6
Bolden: $1.8

That is $116.2 million of salary against a cap of $109 million and there are only 8 players.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
EC rankings
Assuming kawhi leaves for LA

1. Bucks
2. Celtics
3. Sixers
4. Pacers
5. Nets
6. Magic
7. Pistons
8. Heat

-I think Toronto takes a significant nosedive without Kawhi. With him, they are top 4 in the east. Without him, they’ll be right on par with about 5 teams vying for the 7/8 seed.
-The Bucks still have the best player in the conference. Signing Middleton to max money and letting Brogdon go is a mistake, imo. Should’ve gone the other way.
-The Celtics should look more like the team that went to the ECF twice. Kemba fits Stevens’ system better. Most overlooked storyline is that Hayward should be back to 100%, in theory. It took PG13 a whole year after he got back from that injury to be himself, and now he was in MVP conversation. Hayward will be much closer to the Utah Hayward than the 2018-19 Hayward. Losing Horford is a blow though. Lets see if they can get Capela without giving up Smart.
-Sixers still can’t shoot but they’ve upgraded experience and talent with Horford.
-If Oladipo didn’t have such a terrible injury, I’d prob put the Pacers higher. I really like what they’ve done, adding Brogdon especially, and J Lamb to Oladipo and Turner.
-KD prob won’t be around next season and even if he’s back at some point, likely won’t be the same player. Kyrie, Levert, Dinwiddie, DJordan and co should be good enough for like the 5 seed.
-Magic, Pistons, Wizards, Raptors, Heat should all be solid. Everyone after that is either too young or garbage.
-Pistons and Wizards could be surprise teams but it’s hard to see them above 5-6 teams in the East, at least.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom