OT: NBA Offseason | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Offseason

Reaction Score
I love the Redick signing for the Pels. That team needed shooting in the worst way and Redick is a true pro and will be a good example for the young guys.

They have great backcourt depth - it looks like either Redick/Ball will come off the bench with Hart, Moore and the rookie from Tech.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hornets sign Rozier to 3 years/$58 million deal. $19/year for a backup point guard. I thought Charlotte was trying to get rid of toxic contracts, not add new ones.

I think he’s their expected starting PG.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
So after today, what’s the new numbers for Rutgers to advertise with?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
It was 6 years ago that the Celtics fleeced the Nets with one of the most lopsided trades of all time. The trade looked to set up the Celtics for a decade of dominance and set back the Nets a decade. Helluva job by Marks.
That was when that Russian(?) business tycoon had just bought the nets and they made all those crazy moves trading away all their future picks right? lol. Some of the most bizzarre moves I’ve ever seen. He has seemed to have calmed down since.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Buck re-signed George Hill for 3 years/$29 million. Great move by the Bucks. I would play him 65-70 games, 25 minutes a game for the regular season. This signing was for the playoffs.

Pelicans may be a playoff team next season. They are having a great offseason.

So what is the Lakers' plan? Kawhi or bust? Are they still holding their cap space open for Kawhi? What happens if they don't get Kawhi?

Celtics need to pick up a big man in the next 24 hours before they are all off the table.

One team who is surprisingly quiet is the Hawks. I think they are close to being a playoff team again, but they needed to make some moves this summer.

I don't know if the Nets will be much better next year than they were this year.

Reaction Score
Buck re-signed George Hill for 3 years/$29 million. Great move by the Bucks. I would play him 65-70 games, 25 minutes a game for the regular season. This signing was for the playoffs.

Pelicans may be a playoff team next season. They are having a great offseason.

So what is the Lakers' plan? Kawhi or bust? Are they still holding their cap space open for Kawhi? What happens if they don't get Kawhi?

Celtics need to pick up a big man in the next 24 hours before they are all off the table.

One team who is surprisingly quiet is the Hawks. I think they are close to being a playoff team again, but they needed to make some moves this summer.

I don't know if the Nets will be much better next year than they were this year.

The Hawks are still in asset acquisition mode. They are eating bad contracts in order to get more picks. I think they are trying to make big moves either next summer or likely the year after.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It was 6 years ago that the Celtics fleeced the Nets with one of the most lopsided trades of all time. The trade looked to set up the Celtics for a decade of dominance and set back the Nets a decade. Helluva job by Marks.

It’s a gamble. May not pay off. Durant may never recover. Kyrie could be brilliant or moody and inconsistent. How much are they paying Jordan?

Reaction Score
That was when that Russian(?) business tycoon had just bought the nets and they made all those crazy moves trading away all their future picks right? lol. Some of the most bizzarre moves I’ve ever seen. He has seemed to have calmed down since.

Prokhorov sold a big chunk and seems entirely hands off/out of the mix. For as bad as that trade looks now, most people actually thought the Nets won the deal. Bill Simmons had a classic reaction.

Reaction Score
It’s a gamble. May not pay off. Durant may never recover. Kyrie could be brilliant or moody and inconsistent. How much are they paying Jordan?

Jordan is probably getting 3 or 4 million. He is the backup to Allen and was signed because he is so tight with KD. The trade obviously revolves around whether KD regains at least 80 percent of his form, which I bet he does.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson's Current Eastern Conference ranking:

1) Bucks - Only lost Brogdon from their top 8, which is manageable. Would like another solid backup.

2) Celtics - could move up depending on how good a big man they get.

3) Pacers - Depends on Oladipo's recovery

Unknown:

4) Raptors - Depends on Kawhi. will go up or down.

5) 76ers - they are in a bad spot. Gave up their bench to get Butler and Harris, and may lose Butler, plus have to find a floor spacing shooter to replace Redick. Leaving them at #5 for now.

6&7) Pistons and Nets are 6/7 in some order.

8) Heat could move up if they get Butler, depending on what they give up.

9) Hawks are one piece away from the playoffs in my opinion.

The rest of the conference looks pretty bad.

A lot will change over the next few days.

Reaction Score
Holy crap that 76ers team is enormous and super talented. Richardson is a great fit too.

Reaction Score
Richardson is a very solid 3 & D player. 6ers are right below the Bucks/Raptors tier to me.

Reaction Score
Philly has some insane defensive potential. A bit ballsy going old school with Horford/Embiid but at least both can shoot.

Reaction Score
Jordan is probably getting 3 or 4 million. He is the backup to Allen and was signed because he is so tight with KD. The trade obviously revolves around whether KD regains at least 80 percent of his form, which I bet he does.
Why would DeAndre Jordan take 3 or 4 million?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom