OT - Multiple sources reporting investigation of Patriots | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT - Multiple sources reporting investigation of Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You have to wonder if the Pats put these stories out to distract the media from focusing on what they otherwise would and allowing the team mroe time to focus on gameplan - the ultimate shell game.

The story came from a guy who is tight with the Indy Colts brass.

Reaction Score
$59.7 million.

Familiar with that number?

You mean the number they are NOT paying to the NCAA? The number that was recently overturned?

By the way, what's the difference between PSU sweeping serial child rape under the rug and UConn doing it?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
You mean the number they are NOT paying to the NCAA? The number that was recently overturned?

By the way, what's the difference between PSU sweeping serial child rape under the rug and UConn doing it?

NOPE.

WOW - you are out of touch - that is the number they are paying to the victims...remember them?
http://espn.go.com/college-football...ons-pay-26-victims-jerry-sandusky-597-million

couple of quick differences -

"Allegations involving crimes against children are both profoundly disturbing and heartbreaking," UConn President Susan Herbst said in a statement posted on the university's website.
"Although these allegations, which have been made public, appear to be unrelated to UConn, the university continues to do all it can to assist law enforcement."

the university did everything in its power to cooperate unlike PU and that the allegations were not occurring on campus but at a camp in Ashford.

Reaction Score

The rebuttal guy actually missed on this one:

“The Patriots supposedly stopped videotaping opponents’ defensive signals when they got caught in 2007, but opponents wonder if they are still stealing them.”

I wonder every single day if I’m going to get hit by a comet and wiped off the face of the earth. It does not mean it’s going to come true. “Reporting” on what opponents wonder is pathetic.

Defenisve signals come through the helmet wireless radio system. So, the Patriots are filming no one's defensive signals these days, unless they're using one of those cameras they used in Poltergeist.

Reaction Score
Wait, you mean a professional football team tried to figure out the other teams signals? Why that's unheard of! Shocking! Completely out of the bound of decency! ....Oh wait, it happens everyday. How about you put big boy pants on and get over it.

Easy there. I don't have to get over something I never cared about in the first place.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Do you really not know the story?

UConn officials were told about the molestations back in 2003 and did nothing.

I do know the story - you asked me for differences and I gave them to you?

And no comment on the victims still - ? Or how you didnt understand the 59.7 million - CARRY ON!

You are the great defender of cheaters and molesters...someone has to do it I suppose.

Reaction Score
I do know the story - you asked me for differences and I gave them to you?

And no comment on the victims still - ? Or how you didnt understand the 59.7 million - CARRY ON!

You are the great defender of cheaters and molesters...someone has to do it I suppose.

You don't know the story.

In both cases, school officials covered up child rape.

Reaction Score
Wait, you mean a professional football team tried to figure out the other teams signals? Why that's unheard of! Shocking! Completely out of the bound of decency! ....Oh wait, it happens everyday. How about you put big boy pants on and get over it.

Something cut my reply off before I finished. I think my noting the punishment is misunderstood. I'm a Jets fan. I didn't care about the so-called scandal when first reported, and I certainly don't care about it now. To be honest, I thought the whole thing was foolish. I was, however, surprised by the half-million dollar fine and the fact that BB went quietly.

To take it further, I think every team, at every level (except Youth levels) should be trying to steal signals. The method used might be fairly discussed; but never the intent. If a team uses hand signals, it should assume opponents are attempting to steal those signals; and implement counter measures.

As far as the ball inflation/deflation and the media reaction is concerned? Three types of people care. Coach BB haters, conspiracy nuts and people trying to sell papers and/or Internet "hits." Most people are saying, "wake me in time to have a few drinks before the game starts."

Reaction Score
To be honest, I thought the whole thing was foolish. I was, however, surprised by the half-million dollar fine and the fact that BB went quietly.

He went quietly back then. He has a boss. That boss is very concerned about the NFL.

BB is just an employee, at the end of the day. He has his devil's notebook, and he surely has notes. one day, when absolutely no one cares anymore, and the Patriots are losing games, and people aren't so damned jealous anymore, and when he's old and no longer employed by the NFL, he will write an interesting book. Rest assured, the Jets will play a part in multiple chapters.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Something cut my reply off before I finished. I think my noting the punishment is misunderstood. I'm a Jets fan. I didn't care about the so-called scandal when first reported, and I certainly don't care about it now. To be honest, I thought the whole thing was foolish. I was, however, surprised by the half-million dollar fine and the fact that BB went quietly.

To take it further, I think every team, at every level (except Youth levels) should be trying to steal signals. The method used might be fairly discussed; but never the intent. If a team uses hand signals, it should assume opponents are attempting to steal those signals; and implement counter measures.

As far as the ball inflation/deflation and the media reaction is concerned? Three types of people care. Coach BB haters, conspiracy nuts and people trying to sell papers and/or Internet "hits." Most people are saying, "wake me in time to have a few drinks before the game starts."
Why should youth levels not steal signs, but it's okay a couple years later? Speaking from personal experience only, even if it was not explicitly encouraged by our coaches, we (as kids) ALWAYS tried to sneak a peak at the catchers fingers or decipher what the bunt/steal signal was. It's a part of the game and was a part of the game for as long as kids pitched to kids.

Reaction Score
I think it's a bit bush league if true. But lots of places do these sorts of things. Don Shula used to over water the field at the Orange Bowl to slow teams down. Remember that barn barner 9-10 years ago between USC and Notre Dame? That was made possible by some extra long grass courtesy of Charlie Weis-a BB coaching tree guy.

The problem is the Patriots have a track record of cheating. So they shouldn't get any benefit of the doubt.

Reaction Score
He went quietly back then. He has a boss. That boss is very concerned about the NFL.

BB is just an employee, at the end of the day. He has his devil's notebook, and he surely has notes. one day, when absolutely no one cares anymore, and the Patriots are losing games, and people aren't so damned jealous anymore, and when he's old and no longer employed by the NFL, he will write an interesting book. Rest assured, the Jets will play a part in multiple chapters.

I wonder what his "advance" will be?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm giving you people chance to save your souls.

If you engage upstater about Tom Brady, the Patriots or Penn State, he's not considering your arguments and he is perfectly willing to take this thread to 100 pages if that's what it takes for him to bludgeon you into submission.

Get out while you still have a piece of your minds.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I think it's a bit bush league if true. But lots of places do these sorts of things. Don Shula used to over water the field at the Orange Bowl to slow teams down. Remember that barn barner 9-10 years ago between USC and Notre Dame? That was made possible by some extra long grass courtesy of Charlie Weis-a BB coaching tree guy.

The problem is the Patriots have a track record of cheating. So they shouldn't get any benefit of the doubt.

Are you being facetious? If so, please do a Google search before you throw out "facts." Who do you think you are? Mike Rosenberg? Do you write for SI?

Charlie Weis was Notre Dame Coach between 2005 and 2009. Over that time USC went 5-0, scoring 34, 44, 38, 38, and 34 points.

Reaction Score
Are you being facetious? If so, please do a Google search before you throw out "facts." Who do you think you are? Mike Rosenberg? Do you write for SI?

Charlie Weis was Notre Dame Coach between 2005 and 2009. Over that time USC went 5-0, scoring 34, 44, 38, 38, and 34 points.

Game was in 2005. Try googling "Notre Dame" "Long Grass" "USC". I'm confident that you'll be educated enough to comment after your read a little.

Have a nice day patriots boy.

Reaction Score

If you engage upstater about Tom Brady, the Patriots or Penn State, he's not considering your arguments and he is perfectly willing to take this thread to 100 pages if that's what it takes for him to bludgeon you into submission.

Or Greek soccer. He's the one.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Greeks play soccer?

No way.

Reaction Score

I knew he had a huge crush on Brady but didn't realize he also wanted to hump Paterno's leg.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Game was in 2005. Try googling "Notre Dame" "Long Grass" "USC". I'm confident that you'll be educated enough to comment after your read a little.

Have a nice day patriots boy.
I'm a Redskins Fan... and the game to which you reference resulted in 65 total points. It actually WAS a barn burner. Both defenses were having a hard time stopping the opposing offense. I remember that game because it actually lived up to the hype leading up to it. It was a pleasant surprise.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
I knew he had a huge crush on Brady but didn't realize he also wanted to hump Paterno's leg.
Do yourself a favor and do NOT search for Ped State U when that story was breaking. Upstater was all over paterno's D since word one.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
You don't know the story.

In both cases, school officials covered up child rape.

In one case a catholic football head coach covered it up. In another a football head coach was not privy too the abuses off campus. Two differences.

Reaction Score
Here's a funny story quoting a professor from BCU. Either he was misquoted or he's a moron. First he said that a drop in temperature can't cause a noticeably under inflated ball. The calculations behind him correctly show that just a drop from 75 degrees F in the officials room to 45 degrees on the field would cause a 6% reduction in pressure or volume - below the league minimum and undoubtedly identifiable by a professional. That means a pro could squeeze the ball to reduce it's volume by 6% before it felt as sold as a regular ball. That's significant.

Yet he says that's not the kind of reduction we're talking about. He claimed that we're talking about the equivalent of removing 2/3 of the air from the ball. Simple physics says that would reduce the pressure by 2/3 or the volume by 2/3 or some combination of the two that would multiply to 1/3 of the original value (P'V' = 1/3 PV where PV are the original values). In short, the ball would look like a pancake under even the slightest pressure and that clearly didn't happen.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...her_couldn_t_have_deflated_patriots_footballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom