OT: Mariano's Last Game in Yankee Stadium | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Mariano's Last Game in Yankee Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
It probably wasn't intended to be douchy, but it came off a bit small minded at least. That said, if Mariano was OK with it, can't argue.

Reaction Score
Again, go watch the part where Millar, Meuller and Roberts game him the ultimate praise. It was a great job by them and the Sox.

The Red Sox came off as arrogant. Kinda like a real bad wedding toast where the best man says his wife is just as hot as the bride.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I found nothing wrong with what the sox did. EVERYONE knows a roast is supposed to be honorary. The only problem that I saw is that it really wasn't a roast. The purpose of a roast is to go so over obviously over the top, that the difference between the roast and reality is literally laughable.

I did not see the Mariano tribute at Yankee Stadium, but my wife and I were at Todd Helton Appreciation Night in Denver last Wednesday. The folks at Coors did a tremendous job. It was sold out with probable a 35:15 Rockies/Red Sox fan split. We got a couple TH bobbleheads. One is going right on my son's dresser.

Husky25

Reaction Score
No you're just a screwed up Red Sox fan 91.......need to take those off.......sorry most outside of fenway agree with "us" Yankee fan.

But hey, it's to be expected right? Wet rag....that's funny.....I love life dude!! Yanks don't matter a spec but pissing the nation off gives me a smile!! Weird group
Personally observation, but from from everything I've read by you on the subject of baseball this season, you come off more as a Sox Hater than a Yankees fan. Sort of a kin to Sox fans' attitudes pre-2003.

Die-hard Yankees fan? Perhaps. Baseball fan in general? Not so much in my opinion. Pretty unbecoming as a representative of the fan base.

Reaction Score
Personally observation, but from from everything I've read by you on the subject of baseball this season, you come off more as a Sox Hater than a Yankees fan. Sort of a kin to Sox fans' attitudes pre-2003.

Die-hard Yankees fan? Perhaps. Baseball fan in general? Not so much in my opinion. Pretty unbecoming as a representative of the fan base.

Sure by Red Sox fans but most of you dopes can see others that agree with me and then find yourself as "typical" instead of me as a hater....but agin you guys are fn blind!! ALL of you....funny

By the way no one gives a rats a** about your personal observation........only Sox fans like you and Vike think that........I do hate the Red Sox and you know why, the likes of YOU and VIKE amongst other dopes when it comes to baseball.......one way bandwagoners! Congrats!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Sure by Red Sox fans but most of you dopes can see others that agree with me and then find yourself as "typical" instead of me as a hater....but agin you guys are fn blind!! ALL of you....funny

By the way no one gives a rats a* about your personal observation........only Sox fans like you and Vike think that........I do hate the Red Sox and you know why, the likes of YOU and VIKE amongst other dopes when it comes to baseball.......one way bandwagoners! Congrats!
Been a Sox fan since 1984. Have a nice day.

Reaction Score
I think its pretty clear that somebody is a complete jackass when it comes to discussing baseball. Husky25's observation is perfectly valid and correct. Rivera received a great tribute from the Red Sox with a little roast thrown in. Only someone who is completely lacking in objectivity would see it as something else.

Reaction Score
I think its pretty clear that somebody is a complete jackass when it comes to discussing baseball. Husky25's observation is perfectly valid and correct. Rivera received a great tribute from the Red Sox with a little roast thrown in. Only someone who is completely lacking in objectivity would see it as something else.

Huskybass love your basketball stuff and the "dopes" was unwarranted - (golf outing, shot of Goose every birdie and we were 14 under and beers too) so for that ONLY I apologize.......but anyone who thinks that was a "great tribute" is whacked (or "jackasses" your call) - PERIOD. It was awful and classless and there a lot mor that agree with me and others here than you guys. That's all I have left to say !!! On to Husky basketball.............;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom