OT: Manny finally calls out floyd. your thoughts? | The Boneyard

OT: Manny finally calls out floyd. your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If your a boxing fan you are most likely on one side of the fence or the other in regard to why this used to be mega superfight has not happened. your either of the belief that floyd is afraid of manny because he sees the pacman as a legit threat to not only beat him and ruin his perfect record but that he could get knocked out and possibly suffer serious injury that will all but end his career.
Or maybe you believe that manny`s promotor bob arum is shielding his fighter who is his golden goose from floyd whom he believes would beat his fighter and send him into retirement after the fight. you could also believe floyds claims that the only reason the fight has not happened is because manny refuses to agree to all drug testing because manny is using ped`s and doesnt want to be exposed.
well up until recently this has all been speculation but it now seems we`ve finally got some answers from manny who has been pretty quiet about things until recently. it appears that floyd mayweather may infact be the coward many have been saying he is. apparently and this has been floating around for awhile but was finally confirmed by manny himself on espns first take that in his conversation with floyd back in january he not only agreed to all drug testing but also agreed to a 55/45 split of the money. but the biggest bombshell was manny confirming that floyd said and im paraphrasing "your a politition you have other things all i have is boxing, what if i lose?":eek: when asked if he thought floyd was afraid to fight him, manny said "yes,i think its that".
floyd is a great great fighter but it has become just about impossible to take his side on why this fight has not and may never happen. it appears his stringent drug testing requests,his rediculous contract demands,his baseless and unsubstantiated claims of manny`s ped use have all just been a smokescreen to shield the public from one simple truth. floyd "maynever" has no desire to step into the ring against manny pacquiao. i let you decide what the reason may be but i think we all know the answer.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I wasn't aware that anyone still was wondering who was stopping this fight from happening. Seems pretty clear Mayweather doesn't want any piece of Manny.

Reaction Score
It's all on Mayweather. Manny shouldn't even have to take a 45/55 split, but the fact that he's willing to speaks for itself.

Reaction Score
I wasn't aware that anyone still was wondering who was stopping this fight from happening. Seems pretty clear Mayweather doesn't want any piece of Manny.

well just about every floyd "maynever" fan that believes all his nonsense believes the only reason the fight hasnt happen is because manny doesnt want to "take the test". The guys a coward! manny agreed to testing two years ago and floyd had a deadline agree to the fight and the said deadline came and went with floyd never signing on the dotted line so the fight never happened.
im going to say this right now and im guaranteeing it. if this fight were to go into negotiations between the two camps and everything was agreed upon id be willing to bet the next thing thatll stop the fight from happening is floyd using the excuse of weight. he`ll want the fight at 154lbs and not 147 so since he is the natually bigger fighter he`ll also want the advantage of going in even heavier.

i know floyd is a great boxer but the guy fights once a year and although he beat cotto in his last fight convincingly he took a lot more shots than he has taken in a very long time against a fighter who is not as quick,powerful or as busy as manny. if they were to ever get in the ring i am convinced the fight will play out with floyd outboxing manny early,by the middle rounds manny starts getting through that defense and by the late rounds just like he did against cotto floyds 35 year old legs wont be able to move as well and hes going to have to stand and fight and thats where manny is going to hurt him and likely finish him. i believe floyd will be ahead on the cards and if he can survive he could win a close decision but he could also end up getting ko`d in the later rounds which i hope is the case because im tired of his act.

Reaction Score
People still watch boxing?

Who's the heavyweight champ these days? Does anyone even know?

Reaction Score
They're gonna fight. It may take 2-3 years, but they're gonna fight.

And I'm pretty confident that Floyd's going to win.

Reaction Score
About age Manny's no youngster himself and has not looked totally dominating himself in the last 2 fights.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here's a newsflash...these guys don't actually want to fight each other. There's too much money out there for relatively little risk.

It will happen after we stop caring.

Reaction Score
This is yet another reason why boxing is dying. There's no ducking anyone in the UFC, maybe for a fight or two, but not for 3-4 years.

Floyd knows there is one person in or near his weight class that can beat him and he won't fight him.

Reaction Score
Floyd would beat Manny's ass, but he's too smart to risk the 10% chance MP catches him. Anyone that thinks Manny went from fighting at 100 lbs to 147 lbs without PED's is crazy. I'd love to see the fight but I understand Floyd's position. Why risk it when he can make 40-50 million a fight anyway against other opponents?

Reaction Score
I came into this thread expecting dumba$$ery and I wasn't disappointed.

Reaction Score
Floyd would beat Manny's ass, but he's too smart to risk the 10% chance MP catches him. Anyone that thinks Manny went from fighting at 100 lbs to 147 lbs without PED's is crazy. I'd love to see the fight but I understand Floyd's position. Why risk it when he can make 40-50 million a fight anyway against other opponents?

2002-manny pacquiao 122 lbs
20012-manny pacquiao 145lbs
2002-2012 +23 lbs

2002-floyd mayweather 134lbs( actually fought in nov 01` at 129lbs)
2012-floyd mayweather 154lbs
2002-2012 +20lbs

2004 julio caesar chavez jr 135lbs
2012 julio caesar chavez jr 160 (walks into the ring near 190lbs)
2004-2012 +25lbs or +45lbs

Your just another one of these blind mayweather fans that believes all his nonsense. has manny ever failed a drug test? no. has he ever been linked to ped suppliers or users? no. one ex disgruntled sparring partner came out about a year ago and it turned out to be a bunch of false aligations by a disgruntled fighter that could not be corroberated by anyone else. what evidence is there to support floyds claims? that manny moved up in weight? floyds done the same so then by that reasoning then floyd must be on peds also. go look at just about every fighter and youll see that they all move up in weight during their careers. now i know your response will be manny moved up and still had punching power. PUNCHING POWER DOES NOT COME FROM BUILDING TAKING PEDS! punching power is a product of technique,leverage and speed things which manny has in spades.
This fight was relevent 4 years ago but now they are both past their prime and imho the fight will answer nothing as to who is the greater fighter if the fight is ever made. at the earliest this fight can happen is at the end of 2013 and by then floyd will be 37 and manny 35. floyd is 2 years older than manny so if manny wins floyd fans will say floyds old. if manny loses then theyll say i told you so. the FACT is floyd is a coward who spent the last 4 years ducking manny and he denied the world what couldve been all time great fight that would have revitalized boxing in this country.

Reaction Score
Floyd has dodged him for years, Manny looks like he may have lost a little something in his last couple of fights, Mayweather will come begging for a fight in a few years when he is bankrupt and they are both over the hill. Floyd is a great fighter but he's a joke of a man.

Reaction Score
Floyd has dodged him for years, Manny looks like he may have lost a little something in his last couple of fights, Mayweather will come begging for a fight in a few years when he is bankrupt and they are both over the hill. Floyd is a great fighter but he's a joke of a man.

i agree. both fighters are not what they were 2 nevermind 4 years ago when this fight shouldve happened.

Reaction Score
Mayweather also went from a little above 100 lbs when he was 16 to 150 lbs in less time that it took a 16-year old Pacquiao to reach 147. Does this mean Mayweather took PED too? People forget that Pacman's walking weight is 150 lbs. That is not big. Let's just accept that Mayweather is plain scared of Pac. It's disgusting, May is just a spineless, cowardly brat. He is not American. Pac is challenging him outright. May, stop running away. Be a man, stop being chicken chow mein.

Reaction Score
Usually I would assume that you're making a joke, but from reading your past posts I know you're not.

your right i wasnt joking because anyone who believes that manny doesnt want to fight mayweather has to be an idiot. bob arum tried to say manny couldnt fight mayweather on may 5th because mannys cut from the marquez fight hadnt healed. when asked about it manny said the cut would not be an issue and he would be ready to fight. does that sound like a man trying to duck anyone?

Reaction Score
Come on man, I don't agree with Fishy on this but don't call him an idiot, it only makes you look stupid. Fishy is also the reason we have this board to voice our opinions, pay the man a little respect.

Reaction Score
your right i wasnt joking because anyone who believes that manny doesnt want to fight mayweather has to be an idiot. bob arum tried to say manny couldnt fight mayweather on may 5th because mannys cut from the marquez fight hadnt healed. when asked about it manny said the cut would not be an issue and he would be ready to fight. does that sound like a man trying to duck anyone?

You actually believe the that boxers and their promoters say? You're more delusional than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom