OT - Lunch with Frank Ivy | The Boneyard

OT - Lunch with Frank Ivy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm going to be returning to CT for the first time in a long time and will be grabbing lunch somewhere in the Hartford area (thinking W. Hartford) on Nov. 15th (Saturday). Where I'm at the pizza and Chinese food is awful, so I'd prefer to go to a place with good pizza or Chinese food (no need to start a new thread). Place will preferably have a decent selection of beers, including Rolling Rock bottles.

I've never met any BYers in person. Figured it was time.

I'll buy food and booze for up to 4 BYers for lunch.

PM me if you're interested. I'm open to suggestions about where to go.

Only restrictions - gotta be at least 21 and been on the BY for a bit, and must drink at least 1 RR bottle.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't live in Connecticut and am booked that day anyway, so I can't go...but by God, people, someone should take this man up on his (quite generous) offer.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Wings and Rolling Rock. That's it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't live in Connecticut and am booked that day anyway, so I can't go...but by God, people, someone should take this man up on his (quite generous) offer.
No one wants to join him unless there's a $10 subscription. :cool:

I'm sure there are enough free loaders on this site that would love to have a good time and not cough up money.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Very generous offer. Sorry I can't make it.

Not sure how easy it will be to find Rolling Rock bottles at either a Chinese restaurant or a good pizza place. Chengdu used to be very good but I haven't been there in years; Black Bamboo is my go-to for Chinese in that area now, but it's a tiny place that mostly does take-out, and I don't think they even sell beer. Harry's would be my pizza choice, but I think they only have tap beer, not bottles. I think there is now a Pepe's in West Hartford as well, but again not sure you'll find Rolling Rock there.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Wings and Rolling Rock. That's it.
Some dude offers a free meal and drinks and you change the parameters of his offering. Calling BigErn in 3, 2, 1........Me thinks you should take him and three others to a wings and RR place and the tab should be yours.;)

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I'm going to be returning to CT for the first time in a long time and will be grabbing lunch somewhere in the Hartford area (thinking W. Hartford) on Nov. 15th (Saturday). Where I'm at the pizza and Chinese food is awful, so I'd prefer to go to a place with good pizza or Chinese food (no need to start a new thread). Place will preferably have a decent selection of beers, including Rolling Rock bottles.

I've never met any BYers in person. Figured it was time.

I'll buy food and booze for up to 4 BYers for lunch.

PM me if you're interested. I'm open to suggestions about where to go.

Only restrictions - gotta be at least 21 and been on the BY for a bit, and must drink at least 1 RR bottle.
Don't think you'll get anywhere with that title.

Reaction Score
Don't think you'll get anywhere with that title.
Well, I put myself out there, and if nobody wants to meet me (and get as much free food and booze as they can handle in one afternoon), then that's the way it's going to be. I'm not 6/8 240, but I'm a big boy and I can deal with rejection.

Yes, I'm Frank Ivy and Strummer and probably about 4 or five other handles since I started posting.

Reaction Score
Danzz said:
Frank Ivey and Strummer?

Frank/Strummer has really softened up and isn't nearly as abrasive as he was a few years ago. I enjoy a vast majority of his posts. However, he occasionally takes a strong stance on something a little controversial and loses fans. I'd enjoy lunch with him despite those stances, except I'm in Florida.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Well, I put myself out there, and if nobody wants to meet me (and get as much free food and booze as they can handle in one afternoon), then that's the way it's going to be. I'm not 6/8 240, but I'm a big boy and I can deal with rejection.

Yes, I'm Frank Ivy and Strummer and probably about 4 or five other handles since I started posting.
You know me as ctchamps. If I was in Ct I'd take you up on your offer. You might want to put free ahead of lunch and see what type of responses you get.

Reaction Score
Love to get Team Fishy together for this lunch!! LOL

Nice offer thanks but if weather is good I have some golf still to be played - would love to otherwise!!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Generous offer, but I don't think it's a wise idea to shift from the birthday celebration my sweatheart has in mind for me. She's got no objection to me being on the BY but she doesn't fit the requirements to join the foursome.

For the record, I eventually Ignored Frank Ivy, but hung on w/Strummer through to the final flameout. Interested to see where Cheeky lands.

Reaction Score
Nice offer thanks but if weather is good I have some golf still to be played - would love to otherwise!!
Well then, I'm going to hope for heavy rain, because it would be interesting to meet you.
Right now I have no takers, and even though I have a well-earned bad reputation from my F.I. days, I don't want to screw up the Mojo.
If I get desperate enough I may have to go pick up JaYnCnY and Chapivaug and we can have a conversation about how the New York Knicks would do in the Martian Professional League.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Pretty cool offer. Free food, uconn basketball talk, and beer? If I lived in CT I'd be there haha.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Well then, I'm going to hope for heavy rain, because it would be interesting to meet you.
Right now I have no takers, and even though I have a well-earned bad reputation from my F.I. days, I don't want to screw up the Mojo.
If I get desperate enough I may have to go pick up JaYnCnY and Chapivaug and we can have a conversation about how the New York Knicks would do in the Martian Professional League.

You are competing with 'first game' night. More people will read in the next day or two. Heck, if I have a free schedule and the slots aren't taken up, I might be in.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think it might help if people had some footage of you:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, I'm a big enough freeloader to take you up on it. Unfortunately, I'm out of state now as well.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I wish I could take you up on the offer but unfortunately I'm not going to be in the area then. I do miss your posts though, you have to hand it to a guy who isn't afraid to express what may not be the popular opinions.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm free that afternoon. I'd enjoy spending the day after the 1st game BSing about the Huskies.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I actually live in West Hartford and would love to join you, unfortunately my wife has suggested family activities planned for that day. It's not wise for me to change those plans. Hope you find some BYers to join you!

Reaction Score
Love a fun day out with intrigue. If it is a wash away there may be a last second addition just because I love to drink and talk basketball.......and drink and.......

well anyway I wouldn't let you buy all day anyway because I can be a nuisance LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom