OT - Kyrie Irving - Hurt yet again . . . | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Kyrie Irving - Hurt yet again . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
[quote="Perspective, post: 535318, member: 3324"

Take Westbrook. Isn't it true that he hasn't missed a game since high school? Amazing.

Before Westbrook sustained his season-ending injury last year, this was true.

Reaction Score
To be fair, @Strummer brought this back from last March, so all the things said were true at the time.

I'm not sure why he did this, unless (and perhaps I'm late here) @Strummer is @Perspective and he is trying to prove his previous alter-ego correct.

Reaction Score
If the Cavaliers try to trade him, every single team should try to elbow their way to the front of the line.
And that, really, is the absolute beauty of it. Top value to be had right now. Can get 2 or 3 talented guys all at once because the common thought is that he's a franchise player, which at 21/6/3 seems prematurely optimistic, particularly given that he's defensively questionable (DEF rating is over 100 with him on the floor, improves to 99 and change with him off the floor).

Irving is like that really hot girlfriend who everybody wants. She dresses in hot outfits. She's got a great smile. She's vivacious. Every dude (GM) wants her. The problem is, she's batsh-t crazy, and after 6 months of dating her you get to the point of where you have to rationalize why you should stay with her, and you're doing your best to ignore all the insanity that she has brought into your life.

Irving's allure is his game. It's a thing of beauty. But you have to rationalize that the injuries aren't likely to continue.

The guy missed 70% of his college games, 37% of NBA games his first year, 28% of his games his third year, and this year, if he misses the rest, that's 22% of the year. Maybe that's an improving trend?? Of those 4 years, the injuries he sustained caused him to miss the stretch run in at least 3 of those years.

Something's up with the dude's musculo-skeletal system. His injuries include: concussion, sprained right shoulder, broken hand, broken index finger, fractured jaw, hyperextended knee, sprained left shoulder, right nasal fracture and bruised knee.
It's not simply frenetic play, but, even if it was, without the frenetic he would be him.

I'm very interested to see how this kid's career plays out.

Reaction Score
Kyrie sustained the playoff injury to his knee in June 2015. The news broke today that a January return is "possible." That means that he's going to miss at least another third of a full season, if he comes back in January and if he stays healthy thereafter. Cavs should trade him now. Having a PG who has 75% of Irving's talent but who is likely to be on the court when they get to the Warriors, IMO, is a much better bet than rolling the dice on Irving. @ford82, @Fishy, @tzznandrew, @Scoe, @aceboon - any reconsideration if you're GM, or do you stick with Irving?

Reaction Score

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
That's disappointing. Frank Ivy remains the only poster I've ignored, I find the newest incarnation at least tolerable.

Reaction Score
Some people feel like they're out of runway with one handle so they create a new one. And then another. And another. Nothing wrong with it, but it also doesn't really work.
We can't all be Fishy.

Reaction Score
Wow we are the Kings of railroading threads.

All engineers, no conductors, on this board

Reaction Score
Hear the weather in Patagonia is pretty good. How's that working out for you?

Reaction Score
Is this a quasi dook thread or a Cav's thread? Interesting because I have never seen a true Cavs fan on this board.

We are UConn dammit!!

I'm a Cav's fan, living in Cleveland. But, this is a Uconn board so I don't talk about it too much.

Reaction Score
I'm a Cav's fan, living in Cleveland. But, this is a Uconn board so I don't talk about it too much.
Many of us 'were' at one time or another. Your day is coming, and long overdue.

When it happens, I expect you to party like its '1999' .;)

612239-donyell_marshall.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky