OT: Kobe rocking UConn gear | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Kobe rocking UConn gear

Reaction Score
Geno will win like 2 or 3 in a row in a couple years....May even start next year. Can’t win every year.

Reaction Score
Geno will win like 2 or 3 in a row in a couple years....May even start next year. Can’t win every year.

Notre Dame gets their 4 injured players back and only loses 1 senior. They will be the better team. UConn should have been better than them this year which makes this loss even worse.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Oh I know.

This is a spectacularly talented group of girls, and I feel like a huge piece of crap criticizing a group that went undefeated and rode to a Final Four. But if we want actual, real, legitimate 'break the glass ceiling' things in women's sports - to me the best sign of that is giving a women's sports team a heap of criticism. This was bad tonight. No getting around it.

Notre Dame came to play, but they were up 9. In cruise control. And then just like they did last year - had this tendency to lose wherever the gas pedal was. It's weird because people don't see it in the 30 point blow outs... but they got outscored by good teams for entire halves in early blow outs. There were times where they'd just take the fists down. And you see it in those games and you hear Geno talking about it in pressers and you don't pay heed.

And then you see these games. And you see why its so costly.

Look - again - immensely talented group. Just absolute choke jobs that lots of players on this team didn't fully absorb that should be absorbed. Need to find some nails next year, because this group just lacks a real edge.
What they lack is a back up point guard and their starting point is a soph who has been suffering with shin splints for months and rarely can practice.

What they lack is depth because they only really go six deep, Stevens only has the stamina to play a half forcing an injured Williams to play on a bad hip.

And you are correct Geno’a teams play tight against teams that keep the game close.

This game reminded me of 99 when Duke was blowing out teams all year long and choked when a team played them tightly. 77-74!

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
It shouldn't be considered a failure. Final Four is a Final Four. I just don't think people have an appreciation for how hard that is.

But they did a lot of dumb things tonight. And didn't play particularly well. And that's an entirely worthwhile conversation.
100%. That's why I always acknowledge the 2009 men's team. A final four is a major accomplishment in college basketball. They still get a nice banner to hang. It's a disaster
If they lost in the elite eight or less. This is not as horrible as people want it to be. What makes it bad is they were undefeated so that adds to it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The greatest team in all of sports...
Wooden won 10 in 12 years, Geno never came close to that. And if you are talking recently, it's been years since a national championship for Geno, so that does not hold up either.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wooden won 10 in 12 years, Geno never came close to that. And if you are talking recently, it's been years since a national championship for Geno, so that does not hold up either.

Leaving Wooden comparisons aside (why even?), that implication is disengenous. It's been three years. Yes, 'years' is technically correct, but you make it sound like it's been a long time.

And the separation is 2 OT FF losses by a total of 4pts.

Reaction Score
Leaving Wooden comparisons aside (why even?), that implication is disengenous. It's been three years. Yes, 'years' is technically correct, but you make it sound like it's been a long time.

And the separation is 2 OT FF losses by a total of 4pts.
The only reason I even mentioned those two things is that someone said "Greatest team in all sports", to me that means either they have killed it recently winning titles the past few years, they have not, or if you were to look historically, they would have had the most impressive historical record, for which I would say Wooden would top that. They are a really good team recently, but not the "Greatest team in all of sports".

Reaction Score
The only reason I even mentioned those two things is that someone said "Greatest team in all sports", to me that means either they have killed it recently winning titles the past few years, they have not, or if you were to look historically, they would have had the most impressive historical record, for which I would say Wooden would top that. They are a really good team recently, but not the "Greatest team in all of sports".

They won National Championships in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 and went to the Final Four this season and last. They have the two longest winning streaks in basketball history at 111 games and 90 games. A very solid argument can be made for greatest basketball team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom