OT: Kobe rocking UConn gear | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Kobe rocking UConn gear

Reaction Score
Geno didn't lose tonight's game.

The players looked spooked. Again.

And Geno's said it a million times. You have that kill switch or you don't. You can't coach it or make it be a thing. This group - like last year's - just didn't have it.

Reaction Score
Over the last five years, they are the most successful team in all of sports.

Not in all of basketball. IN ALL OF SPORTS! And then I've gotta read some knuckleheads talk about lack of in-game coaching and killer instinct. The type of people who act like UConn didn't already win more than 10 games this year against top 25 competition.

They don't know because they aren't fans. That's the worst part. They just want to have something to say...

Jesus, really? C'mon.

Reaction Score
This was honestly the first game I’ve really watched this year. ND played amazingly well, but UConn didn’t look that athletic or tough to me. Based on all the blowouts, I expected to see a much more talented UConn team. It’s just one game but Samuelson looked easy to defend and just disappeared. I know it was a wonen’s game but this one hurt like a tough men’s loss!

Reaction Score
It doesn't make the program bad or fans ungrateful for having expectations. It was a great season.

But there's really a clear flaw on this team. Anyone who follows them and listens to the coach talk about them after *every game* knows what that is.

So let's stop calling people bad fans for criticizing them for losing a game they should have won. I'm still back next year and Final Four seasons are great seasons.

But when you slip on a banana peel, you slip on a banana peel.

Reaction Score
The season was a failure, when Alabama football doesn't win a national championship its a failure.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
148/150? lol. That sounds impressive, until you consider the middle school competition they're playing. His teams punch you in the mouth, hard, but can't handle a counter strike. Been that way for awhile.

Reaction Score
They lost because their defense was putrid. Stevens was great on O but gives up as many on D. Samuelson got called for 2 cheap fouls late 3rd and she couldn’t play defense with 4 the rest of the way. And they all overplayed Obounachu (no clue) instead of giving her space and Young too. Help defense was awful too.

Defense lost the game, but they did choke. This group doesn’t have the “it” many other champ teams had. It’s too bad.

Reaction Score
Over the last five years, they are the most successful team in all of sports.

Not in all of basketball. IN ALL OF SPORTS! And then I've gotta read some knuckleheads talk about lack of in-game coaching and killer instinct. The type of people who act like UConn didn't already win more than 10 games this year against top 25 competition.

They don't know because they aren't fans. That's the worst part. They just want to have something to say...
Waving pom poms and not critiquing why things went spectacularly wrong on the biggest stage 2 years in a row doesn't make you a great or knowledgeable fan, it's actually the opposite.

Geno is considered hands down the best women's basketball coach of all-time and he just got handed two of the biggest upsets in back to back years, and is 0-7 in his last 7 OT games, 4 of those to ND's coach. A good fan analyzes why a team can blow out these same type teams by 30 plus points but when it's close the same negative results always seem to happen.

Reaction Score
148/150? lol. That sounds impressive, until you consider the middle school competition they're playing. His teams punch you in the mouth, hard, but can't handle a counter strike. Been that way for awhile.

And how many national championships the last 2 years?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Waving pom poms and not critiquing why things went spectacularly wrong on the biggest stage 2 year in a row doesn't make you a great or knowledgeable fan, it's actually the opposite.

Geno is considered hands down the best women's basketball coach of all-time and he just got handed two of the biggest upsets in back to back years, and is 0-7 in his last 7 OT games, 4 of those to ND's coach. A good fan analyzes why a team can blow out these same type teams by 30 plus points but when it's close the same negative results always seem to happen.

A good fan watches the team more than once a year. Don't tell me what a good fan is, when it relates to a team that I follow and you don't.

148-2, and that includes around 30 ranked games. It includes ND earlier in the year, and South Carolina twice, and UCLA, Texas, etc.

I'm going to stop getting worked up with folks like you because you don't know what you're talking about and you're not fans anyways...

Reaction Score
Waving pom poms and not critiquing why things went spectacularly wrong on the biggest stage 2 years in a row doesn't make you a great or knowledgeable fan, it's actually the opposite.

OK let's not go that far though.

I can't *really think* of a button Geno could have pushed on this group.

He talked about it - quite literally - at *every* press conference last year. Talked about it at *a lot* of press conferences this year. I'm not even sure it's something you can coach, rather than pressure and point out to your team. You kinda have it or you don't.

And it's not really exclusive to women's sports.

Cal deals with this with Kentucky. He's had teams that skate by on talent. There are teams that are just apathetic. Some of his best teams have had killer instincts and sometimes THAT isn't good enough. But talent or not, you have it or you don't. And this group just didn't.

Reaction Score
A good fan watches the team more than once a year. Don't tell me what a good fan is, when it relates to a team that I follow and you don't.

148-2, and that includes around 30 ranked games. It includes ND earlier in the year, and South Carolina twice, and UCLA, Texas, etc.

I'm going to stop getting worked up with folks like you because you don't know what you're talking about and you're not fans anyways...

and how many national championships?

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
ND is pretty good people and they were missing 4 players. The top teams are catching up and it's good for the sport.

Reaction Score

I've been a season ticket holder with the men since '92.

With the women since 2000.

In the financial crisis in 2008 when I took a 7 month dip between employment and have a wife and two daughters - guess which plan didn't get renewed?

Again I hate this 'you criticize them you're a bad fan' stuff.

Women's sports deserves the dignity of really hard criticism. I hate this women's soccer team 'we beat the world yaaaaaaay' bullcrap. Progress in women's sports are things like this. A great women's team failing to live up to expectations. And a fan base and fans across the country wondering, and even getting chippy about why they didn't win. This is what progress - real, authentic progress - actually looks like.

Reaction Score
Besides the 11? Zero, I guess.

This board is full of clowns. I'm done with the thread...

Im sorry its about national championships, thats what its about those undefeated records mean nothing if you dont win it all.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Im sorry its about national championships, thats what its about those undefeated records mean nothing if you dont win it all.

I guess I have to remind you that 1 of the 11 came during that stretch.

You didn't know that. But then again, I knew that you didn't know that.

Peace out...

Reaction Score
I guess I have to remind you that 1 of the 11 came during that stretch.

You didn't know that. But then again, I knew that you didn't know that.

Peace out...

I didn't know you were talking about the last year with Stewie, I though you were talking about the last 2 years.

Reaction Score

People like you like to call yourself better fans because foolishly or not you’re always positive about our teams. Even when something is glaringly obvious like KO wasn’t cut out to run the men’s program you were making a fool out of yourself by saying he was the answer and people shouldn’t doubt him. Take the homer glasses off now and then and drink a shot of reality.

Reaction Score
I've been a season ticket holder with the men since '92.

With the women since 2000.

In the financial crisis in 2008 when I took a 7 month dip between employment and have a wife and two daughters - guess which plan didn't get renewed?

Again I hate this 'you criticize them you're a bad fan' stuff.

Women's sports deserves the dignity of really hard criticism. I hate this women's soccer team 'we beat the world yaaaaaaay' bullcrap. Progress in women's sports are things like this. A great women's team failing to live up to expectations. And a fan base and fans across the country wondering, and even getting chippy about why they didn't win. This is what progress - real, authentic progress - actually looks like.
Couldn't agree more. Sports would absolutely suck with nothing to critique and talk about. This UConnDan guy thinks it makes you less of a fan and maybe even less of a person if you critique the team you love. The really sad thing is he thinks he's a better fan than us.

Reaction Score
People like you like to call yourself better fans because foolishly or not you’re always positive about our teams. Even when something is glaringly obvious like KO wasn’t cut out to run the men’s program you were making a fool out of yourself by saying he was the answer and people shouldn’t doubt him. Take the homer glasses off now and then and drink a shot of reality.
He's made thousands of posts and I've never once seen him break down anything that has actually happened on the court.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. Sports would absolutely suck with nothing to critique and talk about. This UConnDan guy thinks it makes you less of a fan and maybe even less of a person if you critique the team you love. The really sad thing is he thinks he's a better fan than us.

Thats it if the Uconn men had a heart breaking loss to a team they should beat I would be critiquing them like I am the women's team now.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I didn't know you were talking about the last year with Stewie, I though you were talking about the last 2 years.

How could 148-2 only cover two years? I have to help you with math now?

We're actually 188-3 over our last 191. The most successful team in world sports. That's right. In all of world sports. Ridiculous people...

Reaction Score

I'm not even mad about it. UConn only gets better and having a good women's team only means more if you have rivals and actual competition.

And get this - they are. Everyone's asleep at the wheel and Mississippi State is raking recruits. Notre Dame has stuck around. Louisville is a step down (bigly) but they're clearly a VERY good next tier team. South Carolina will rebuild a bit, but they're getting there. Where Tennessee failed to keep their stuff up over time, we're maintaining and the rest of the world is figuring it out. This is good.

I'd rather go to an electric, competitive South Carolina game at Gampel. Or a Notre Dame game.

I was there for Tennessee. And I've been to a lot of sporting events. It was *electric*. Top five thing i've ever experienced. At at the KIND of sporting event I didn't expect to feel like that with. So, more of that? Sign me up. Catch up, world.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom