OT: Knockout Game | The Boneyard

OT: Knockout Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Haven't already seen this discussed, but figured it's more relevant than ever now as it has made its way to New Haven http://www.wfsb.com/story/24028370/man-targeted-by-knockout-game

I think the idea behind this "game" is extremely disturbing and is very dangerous. The fact that these kids are "bored" and can't come up with anything better to do is absolutely pathetic, IMO. There have recently been a few retaliations by potential victims, including one "player" being shot twice and getting a year in prison. The scary part about how this "game" is played is that the victim does not have any time to react, or even see the attack coming and they are knocked unconscious.

For those of you in the New Haven area, and all other major cities, make sure to keep an extra eye out when you are walking by yourself (appears that these are the primary targets).

Reaction Score
I saw this last week, and it's absolutely sick. I'm a 31 year old, pretty healthy, 6 foot 2, 195 pound male, living in Charlotte, NC and I walk home about 3/4 a mile every day. I've walked by groups of teenagers before and haven't really thought anything of it, but since seeing that video have been much more aware and cautious when I'm walking home. I can handle myself in most situations, but if it's a group of 5-6 or more of these kids together, it may not be easy. It's disgusting that we even have to have these conversations. Parents of these kids need to take a look in the mirror and figure out what types of human beings they are raising. Kids that think this is OK should not even be allowed in a civilized country.

Reaction Score
Mooch,

If you have seen some of the videos, you can see that no one stands a chance in this situation, unless the punch isn't hard enough to knock the person out. If they hit in the perfect spot, you drop like a ton of bricks and are immediately out cold, with no chance of protecting yourself from smacking the pavement. Also, it is only one of them that delivers the "knockout" punch, so you are immediately defenseless. Makes me absolutely sick.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you post on this board and you get sucker-punched, let me apologize in advance.

I have anger issues.

(That story is just more evidence that some people have simply lost their humanity. Inexplicable.)

Reaction Score
Mooch,

If you have seen some of the videos, you can see that no one stands a chance in this situation, unless the punch isn't hard enough to knock the person out. If they hit in the perfect spot, you drop like a ton of bricks and are immediately out cold, with no chance of protecting yourself from smacking the pavement. Also, it is only one of them that delivers the "knockout" punch, so you are immediately defenseless. Makes me absolutely sick.

Right, but I think there probably have been cases too when the person partially sees it coming, just obviously not in any of the videos they show on the clip. My point is that now when I walk down the street my eyes are constantly wandering, as to hopefully prevent a completely clean shot if God forbid it ever happens to me. The victims in these videos obviously had no idea it was coming, and rightfully so.

Reaction Score
[(That story is just more evidence that some people have simply lost their humanity. Inexplicable.)[/quote]

It's not some people, it's a whole generation of young kids that have a sense of entitlement.

Reaction Score
Whenever you walk around in the city there is a certain way you have to walk in the city, you have to walk like your know where your going even if you don't. You walk fast when you pass a crowd of suspicious looking kids, with no eye contact, (walk on the side of the street if you have to in order to pass them). Expect the unexpected and when you pass them keep your head on a swivel, I'm always ready to throw an uppercut elbow from behind if I have to. It does make a difference if you aren't caught by surprise and maybe they attacked certain individuals.

Hopefully they catch these kids, if they keep getting away with this they may come up with more sick ideas like killing someone.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
[(That story is just more evidence that some people have simply lost their humanity. Inexplicable.)

It's not some people, it's a whole generation of young kids that have a sense of entitlement.[/quote]
perfect avatar for that comment!!

Reaction Score
[quon="UCDaveD, post: 761311, member: 536"]Who raised that generation?[/quote]

No one

Reaction Score
AOL, ote="patrick, T t: 761317, member: 2318"]It's not some people, it's a whole generation of young kids that have a sense of entitlement.[/quote]
perfect avatar for that comment!![/quote]

Lol, I love that Tex Avery dog Spike

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This game isnt new as this was being done when i was growing up. this is just being covered because we have social media unlike 20 years ago when i was a teen. i grew up in a rough hood and it was common to play this "game". in my time it was a little different. youd walk up to someone and ask to bum a smoke the minute they reach youd lay them out. no i never did it as i saw it as a cowardly act even as a teen. today i find it absolutely disgusting.

Reaction Score
Whenever you walk around in the city there is a certain way you have to walk in the city, you have to walk like your know where your going even if you don't. You walk fast when you pass a crowd of suspicious looking kids, with no eye contact, (walk on the side of the street if you have to in order to pass them). Expect the unexpected and when you pass them keep your head on a swivel, I'm always ready to throw an uppercut elbow from behind if I have to. It does make a difference if you aren't caught by surprise and maybe they attacked certain individuals.

Oy vey. Are you one of those people that still thinks it's unsafe to walk around a place like Manhattan, which is basically one big high-end luxury mall these days?

Reaction Score
[(That story is just more evidence that some people have simply lost their humanity. Inexplicable.)

It's not some people, it's a whole generation of young kids that have a sense of entitlement.[/quote]
The word you were looking isn't "entitlement", it "hopeless". This is what happens when you suck the hope of a future out of people. Enjoy the violent world you have created.

Reaction Score
I saw this on the news the other day. One thought came to mind is could they update the law where you can be charged for some sort of terrorism charge. Think about it. If these attacks continue to grow in number, it has a terror type effect on our citizens wondering if they'll be the next victim.

It's real scary. Not only can someone have long term damage from a bad concussion, people can actually die from a severe blow to the head.

It never amazes me how corrupt the human condition can be with so many people.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
People laughed when Adam Samberg did it...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wish they made this a Felony that carried a minimum 10 year sentence, "humans" like this should not be walking the streets

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
24,000 people are killed by lighting in the world each year. Im guessing less than a few thousand are effected by "the knockout game". Im going to spend my time worrying about being hit by lighting or other things more likely to actually befall me.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
It looks like John Saunders recently played.

Reaction Score

Hopefully they catch these kids, if they keep getting away with this they may come up with more sick ideas like killing someone.

you nailed it; head on a swivel. Deliver punishment

Reaction Score
Oy vey. Are you one of those people that still thinks it's unsafe to walk around a place like Manhattan, which is basically one big high-end luxury mall these days?

I never said it was no place is too safe or too dangerous, you gotta be vigilant where ever you go.

Reaction Score
This game isnt new as this was being done when i was growing up. this is just being covered because we have social media unlike 20 years ago when i was a teen. i grew up in a rough hood and it was common to play this "game". in my time it was a little different. youd walk up to someone and ask to bum a smoke the minute they reach youd lay them out. no i never did it as i saw it as a cowardly act even as a teen. today i find it absolutely disgusting.

Yep I have been approached before I just shake my head and keep walking and no one bothers me. I would pull harmless pranks on people like silly string peoples cars or pull a chinese fire drill but would never think of hurting someone or damaging someones car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom