OT- Knicks | The Boneyard

OT- Knicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The ball movement from the Knicks is a thing of beauty, really love the way this team plays. Absolutely lighting up Miami again, haven't felt this good as a Knick fan in a long time. Mike Woodson has been masterful and everyone has bought in, it's hard to beat a talented group that plays team ball and doesn't turn it over.

Reaction Score
The ball movement from the Knicks is a thing of beauty, really love the way this team plays. Absolutely lighting up Miami again, haven't felt this good as a Knick fan in a long time. Mike Woodson has been masterful and everyone has bought in, it's hard to beat a talented group that plays team ball and doesn't turn it over.

that was insane great team win every single player played even James White played very well

Reaction Score
I heard a lot of people cracking jokes when the Knicks got Kidd and Wallace in the offseason. They are both incredibly smart players and have been huge for the Knicks, it's also awesome having 3 good and really smart point guards.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Have to give Joyce or jNycE or whatever the hell he calls himself credit - he basically called this last summer.

He was way high on the Knicks when we were throwing s*** at him.

Reaction Score
The way the swing the ball around the perimeter is great. Kerr made a point to give them credit for that. They do shoot a ton of 3's but majority of them are very good looks.

Felton has played much better than he did last year and Kidd clearly has had a big impact. Of course the issue this entire season is going to be the health of their players.

Love to see the Knicks winning again. Tempering playoff expectations but I'm happy that its enjoyable to watch them during the regular season.

Reaction Score
I'm happy to admit I didn't know what the hell I was talking about, I wanted them to sign Lin. Felton once again puts on his Superman cape when he signs with the Knicks, the guy has been great all year. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens when Amare, Shumpert and Camby come back. Amare needs to come off the bench, he should get a lot of minutes with the second unit and be the man, it will only make the second unit better. Shumpert and Camby are both great defenders so they should only help.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Have to give Joyce or jNycE or whatever the hell he calls himself credit - he basically called this last summer.

He was way high on the Knicks when we were throwing s*** at him.

Jay is fine. No credit necessary, I had a feeling we'd be an improved team but I would never have anticipated beating the Heat by 20 twice during the regular season. It's a good look seeing NY a game and a half above the Heat for 1st place in the East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
who was the poster that was lobbying all summer for Lin and that he was better than Felton, was it WestCoastHusky or something like that? Yea, about that debate...

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I knew Felton was going to be good for us because of his experience with Amare and the Knicks and his experience with Tyson in Charlotte when they made the playoffs. He and Melo both have a lot to prove having been drafted so high after winning a national title in college. Guy is a gamer and I'm glad we got him for so cheap!!

Reaction Score

Yeah but can they pass it like the women??:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
As a long time suffering Knicks fan, it is a joy to become relevant again!

Reaction Score
I was much higher on the Knicks than most, and not in a homer way, usually I'm overly negative. But even with "only" Kidd and Felton it was a huge improvement at the PG position than anything else we've had post-Melo trade (Chauncey was nice but the rest of the roster was so dreadful it hardly mattered). Kidd's impact has been remarkable, he raises the IQ and cohesiveness of the entire team. Yet everyone laughed at the acquisition over the summer.

Landry Fields was a dreadful player (as Raptor fans have sadly learned) and Lin was average at best. Even last year, the roster was extremely poor and after Game 1 against Miami our starting back court was out for the season with injuries. It was more wretched than most realized IMO, which is why the improvements this past summer were greater than most realized.

We added a ton of good defenders (Brewer, Kidd, Wallace, Camby, Thomas - plus Shumpert returning), finally have two legit point guards and front court depth. Shooters everywhere and veteran leadership. Scary that this team hasn't played with Shump and Amare yet too. All of the "Amare will destroy their momentum!" nonsense is comical, Woodson won't let it happen.

Reaction Score
The Knicks are really good. I wouldn't go too crazy right now because, well, the regular season doesn't really matter. But there are certain teams that you can just tell have whatever "it" is (i.e. Dallas two years ago), and right now that looks like the Knicks. Every offseason signing has turned into a best-case scenario, and Woodson seems to have fitted all the pieces seamlessly.

The biggest question mark, of course, is whether Amare will fit in when he comes back. Honestly, if I'm a Knicks fan, I'm half-rooting for him to suffer a setback.

Reaction Score
A Knicks heat series would be over in 6 games. Jr smith has for brains and those team shooting %s go down in a series . But the main problem is amare. He is beyond washed and will demand the ball

Reaction Score
I was on the side of being disappointed when they didn't re-sign Jeremy Lin. Not because I thought he was the second coming of Steve Nash, but because I enjoyed watching the style of ball they played when they were on that Linsanity run. Watching Carmelo pound the ball into the ground for 15 seconds before forcing a jumper is not my idea of something fun to watch. But to Carmelo's credit as well as the rest of the team's, this year's Knicks have been, for the most part, fun to watch. They dive after loose balls, they make the extra pass, they take charges.

With regards to the returning players, I think they'll move Shumpert into the starting lineup with Felton and bring Kidd & Amare off the bench. That will clear some room in the paint for Amare to work and shouldn't slow down the ball movement offense.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Good to see Knick fans crawl from under the rock. I thought I was the only one.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good to see Knick fans crawl from under the rock. I thought I was the only one.
You know that's not the case. There are a quite a few of us here, and we've chimed in before. For me, it's just tough to pay much attention to the first half of the NBA season, much like the first three quarters of any NBA game. Mildly interesting if there's nothing else to watch, but they usually don't tell you much about where it's going.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I have an incredible amount of respect for my fellow Knick fans who could stay so involved over the last decade, as opposed to disdain for those who fell off.

Jay, they really didn't make it very easy on us.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's not even Christmas. Still plenty of time for their usual implosion.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
They haven't been easy on us but at least when they down we could enjoy UCONN Huskies Football/Basketball!

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
You know that's not the case. There are a quite a few of us here, and we've chimed in before. For me, it's just tough to pay much attention to the first half of the NBA season, much like the first three quarters of any NBA game. Mildly interesting if there's nothing else to watch, but they usually don't tell you much about where it's going.

I'm only interested because we're doing things that haven't been done since the 94' Finals and the 73' Championship teams. Best record in the east, averaging 10 TO's a game (15 is the league average), Top 10 in multiple offense and defense categories and still playing without 3 guys who coming into the season was supposed to give us good minutes in STAT, Shumpert and Camby. The fact that STAT has admitted he has no problem coming off the bench only bodes well for the second unit.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Btw, there are thirteen 11 win teams and the Atlantic division has four of them (most in NBA). If you're a fan of the NBA in the northeast, this is an exciting time. Unless you live in Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog