OT: Kentucky is going down baby!!!!!!!!! | The Boneyard

OT: Kentucky is going down baby!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kentucky was a heavy favorite.

I hope this doesn't start a trend. :eek:

Nah! The heavily favorite was hyped.

The Terps will turn into turtle soup at half time by our hungry dogs. :D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So so awesome. The only thing better than the Squid going down is when Tennessee loses (for me). Still, a great day for the little people!

Reaction Score
Although I realize that the Men's game is a different animal than the Women's game, this really puts into perspective the undefeated seasons that UConn and Geno have put together. Whether you're in Pee-Wee, or Div. 1, being, and staying undefeated, is a monumental task.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Shenandoah said:
Although I realize that the Men's game is a different animal than the Women's game, this really puts into perspective the undefeated seasons that UConn and Geno have put together. Whether you're in Pee-Wee, or Div. 1, being, and staying undefeated, is a monumental task.
I agree because UConn's streak had a wide margin for error, where something or some things could go wrong without costing UConn the game. Kentucky seemed to be living on borrowed time. I would have been shocked if they'd gone undefeated.

And now I know to root for Wisconsin again versus Duke. If they win the NC, they'll have been doing the Lord's work.

Reaction Score

They weren't the biggest favorite, their line closed at -4.5 last night. Last time I saw a UConn line it was -21.5 so I wouldn't expect a similar result.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
There is a basketball god after all

Reaction Score
Too bad there are tales of bad sportsmanship from some Kentucky players. Not doing the handshake line. And the comment from Harrison (who later apologized). I can only imagine how difficult it is after such a loss, but that is not a good enough excuse. Maybe coach needed to prepare them better.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Too bad there are tales of bad sportsmanship from some Kentucky players. Not doing the handshake line. And the comment from Harrison (who later apologized). I can only imagine how difficult it is after such a loss, but that is not a good enough excuse. Maybe coach needed to prepare them better.

Maybe coach needed to prepare them better --- Some things should have started at home.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
A victory for truth, justice and good American cheese. But do we really need these Vitale-isms?

Reaction Score

Every year the Men's bracket falls apart and people think it foretells the future for the Women's tourny. In fact, in most cases the best Women's team wins. Why? Because they play together for 2,3 or 4 years and know how to play as a team. This year in various games, ND and Tennessee came back to beat an inferior team because they know how to win. The Men's teams are mostly a collection of very good basketball players who have good potential and have very good one on one skills. At the end of the game none of them wants the ball.

Reaction Score
Best thing that could have happened to the UConn women. I'll bet Geno and CD has mentioned KY's loss once or twice or a thousand times.
Thanks for mentioning this, that was my thought exactly. Geno is a master manipulator, and this gives him another edge for this game.

Reaction Score
The Kentucky loss works both ways. In addition to UConn using it as a cautionary tale, Maryland can point to it to show that upsetting the favorite is possible. But as Brochacho notes being favored by 21.5 points (UConn) is a lot more comforting than being favored by only 4.5 (Kentucky).

Reaction Score
I really don't think the Terp has a chance against Uconn, not even one bone in my body is feeling it. The only opponent that I feel would stand in our way to another NC is ND. ND and Muffet has very good game plan on offense, their pick and rolls are perfect, but our girls are also very good with switching on them pick and rolls so ND is not going to have too many wide open shots.

With that said ND may not even get by SCU today so there's nothing to worry about. GO UCONN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom