OT - Karen Read Trial in Massachusetts | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT - Karen Read Trial in Massachusetts

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Think the most likely case is O’Keefe went into the Albert house drunk and pissed off that the ATF agent and KR were flirting.

Colin the punk and his uncle step in and a brawl ensues. Uncles police dog joins the fray and bites O’Keefe and someone clocks O’Keefe in the back of the head and he gets knocked out .

They panic and dump him in the front yard
Why would you dump him in the front yard?

Reaction Score
Easy to say “he never made it in he must have slipped on the ice” Karen shows up acting crazy it’s easy to plant it on her

They were all piss drunk and on coke too. Could've dumped him outside and figured he'd wake up and walk off after the fight, but he just bled out and froze to death or they didn't even notice he was dead.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Disclaimer: I'm just reading through this thread from the beginning. And I live 2,000 miles away so I'd heard basically nothing about it until an article I stumbled across yesterday. But I thought they scrubbed her vehicle data and it showed her reversing 60 ft at 20+ mph, and the dead guy's DNA was found on the vehicle rear bumper and broken tail light? If true, how's the defense acounting for that? Or was that BS somehow? Again, apologies if the answer is deeper in this thread.

Weren't there icy conditions where it happened? If there were, I don't know what exactly the vehicle data would tell anyone beyond the fact that the wheels may have been spinning in place fast enough and for a long enough time for the computer to believe it was going 20+ mph for 60 feet.

While attempting to move forward over snow or ice, I have seen countless cases (as a driver and as a passenger over the past five decades) where the speedometer spun up quickly to 20, 25, 30 MPH while the vehicle wasn't moving. While the speedometer doesn't move when in reverse, there is no reason to believe that whatever is tracking the speed within the data center wouldn't behave the way a speedometer would when in gear to move forward.

Reaction Score
Weren't there icy conditions where it happened? If there were, I don't know what exactly the vehicle data would tell anyone beyond the fact that the wheels may have been spinning in place fast enough and for a long enough time for the computer to believe it was going 20+ mph for 60 feet.

While attempting to move forward over snow or ice, I have seen countless cases (as a driver and as a passenger over the past five decades) where the speedometer spun up quickly to 20, 25, 30 MPH while the vehicle wasn't moving. While the speedometer doesn't move when in reverse, there is no reason to believe that whatever is tracking the speed within the data center wouldn't behave the way a speedometer would when in gear to move forward.
Accident reconstruction and autopsy show zero indication that this was a vehicle/person collision Both sides medical examiners essentially agreed

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Accident reconstruction and autopsy show zero indication that this was a vehicle/person collision Both sides medical examiners essentially agreed
I was just responded to 87XFer's comment about 20mph in reverse as being incriminating evidence.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They were all piss drunk and on coke too. Could've dumped him outside and figured he'd wake up and walk off after the fight, but he just bled out and froze to death or they didn't even notice he was dead.
This makes a lot of sense too. GTF out my house and he passes out in the cold and dies

Reaction Score
If the verdict comes back not guilt (which is how I would vote) what happens next? Does the investigation into O'Keefe's death continue? Although I think it's pretty obvious that he was killed in that house and all of these cops are in on it so I would assume the investigation never goes anywhere unless someone cracks
The federal investigation is not just about the Karen Read case and some speculate that the Feds found issues with the Karen Read investigation while they were investigating the death of Sandra Birchmore. Apparently, Sandra Birchmore, a Stoughton (the town borders Canton) police cadet, was sexually abused by 3 Stoughton police officers and one of them allegedly got her pregnant. (All of them have resigned and the abuse may have started when she was a minor.) Then she dies "by suicide" according to the State Police and the Medical Examiner. Today it was reported that a private medical examination determined she was murdered. By the way, she died in Canton (where she lived) and the Canton police, State Police, and AD Morrissey's office were all involved in the investigation surrounding her death.

Reaction Score
The federal investigation is not just about the Karen Read case and some speculate that the Feds found issues with the Karen Read investigation while they were investigating the death of Sandra Birchmore. Apparently, Sandra Birchmore, a Stoughton (the town borders Canton) police cadet, was sexually abused by 3 Stoughton police officers and one of them allegedly got her pregnant. (All of them have resigned and the abuse may have started when she was a minor.) Then she dies "by suicide" according to the State Police and the Medical Examiner. Today it was reported that a private medical examination determined she was murdered. By the way, she died in Canton (where she lived) and the Canton police, State Police, and AD Morrissey's office were all involved in the investigation surrounding her death.
That story is incredibly disturbing. What exactly is going on with these suburban Boston towns?

Reaction Score
This is the first I'm hearing about this. Wow, there's no end.

Reaction Score
Bold strategy Cotton.
*Colin

He's the one who likely killed him in a "fight", just like others have said above that's likely what happened. I thought it was disgusting that the Albert family + extended sat in there and stared at the jury all day. How would you feel if some very powerful people were attempting to intimidate you!

The BPD is genuinely the mafia in MA.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That story is incredibly disturbing. What exactly is going on with these suburban Boston towns?
I live in the county, not the town, fortunately. Some of them just have a lot of townies that kind of run things, and Canton is one of them.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
What do you mean they don't know what we know? Aren't they sitting in court seeing the same evidence (or lack thereof) we're seeing? I only recently started following this because it blew on all of my feeds over the last 2 weeks so I missed like the first half of the trial. I saw snippets of the early testimonies from Jen McCabe and that crew.

I just can't believe that any juror would think that a car traveling at 25 MPH wouldn't have more damage after hitting a big guy, and also that the dead guy didn't have a single injury that would show he got smacked by a car and launched 30 feet (other than a head injury).
You have outside information they can't see while sequestered. You know testimony that has been disallowed. You have way, way more information than the jury has been allowed to see. It's always this way. You can read a Turtleboy report that links all these people in ways that seem nefarious, the jury can't. The irony is this usually helps protect defendants from a lot of evidence that wouldn't be admissible at trial. In this case, it probably helps the prosecution a bit.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

It was very heavy snow. She has a Lexus LX, it's a tank. I guarantee you that if she, as drunk driver, somehow got that thing going 20 MPH in reverse she wouldn't be able to control it. She would have torn up the lawn, taken down mailboxes etc. It's not going to just stop when she hits the brakes.

@87Xfer in answer to your post, because the defense believes the cops planted the broken taillight on the lawn and probably the hair on the bumper. They questioned how that tiny bit of DNA from a hair would even be on the bumper after a drive on the highway in a snowstorm. Then there's the garage video showing a cut in the video near her car at impound, and a slight indication that there's a person in the video being cut out during that time, near the back of her car. If the cops want to frame you, you will look guilty.

Reaction Score
This is extremely frightening. These people need to be thrown in prison and every single guilty verdict that resulted from a Canton/Stoughton PD investigation should be looked at. This is potentially a full blown crime syndicate. How many other peoples lives have they ruined?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
It was very heavy snow. She has a Lexus LX, it's a tank. I guarantee you that if she, as drunk driver, somehow got that thing going 20 MPH in reverse she wouldn't be able to control it. She would have torn up the lawn, taken down mailboxes etc. It's not going to just stop when she hits the brakes.

@87Xfer in answer to your post, because the defense believes the cops planted the broken taillight on the lawn and probably the hair on the bumper. They questioned how that tiny bit of DNA from a hair would even be on the bumper after a drive on the highway in a snowstorm. Then there's the garage video showing a cut in the video near her car at impound, and a slight indication that there's a person in the video being cut out during that time, near the back of her car. If the cops want to frame you, you will look guilty.
I agree. My basic point however was that the wheels easily could have spun, with the car not moving, where the computer would register it as 20 mph for a very short distance (60 ft).

Reaction Score
He’s not everyone’s cup of tea but Kirk Minihane did a podcast on the Sandra Birchmore.

I haven't seen or heard from Minihane since he left WEEI. Was that about 10 years ago? He was a nut job. I assume he still is.

Reaction Score
I know we are privy to much more than the jury is...

Getting a bad feeling, this is taking too long.

On top of that, the fireworks in the courtroom this morning over what the judge tried to pull.

Someone is a lawyer right? Is what she did allowed?

Reaction Score
You have outside information they can't see while sequestered. You know testimony that has been disallowed. You have way, way more information than the jury has been allowed to see. It's always this way. You can read a Turtleboy report that links all these people in ways that seem nefarious, the jury can't. The irony is this usually helps protect defendants from a lot of evidence that wouldn't be admissible at trial. In this case, it probably helps the prosecution a bit.
We also have access to articles and opinions written by various experts to cover all the angles. And we have The Boneyard.

I keep thinking of The Departed, how high and wide could the corruption go up there in Canton. No matter which way it goes, the Feds need to keep investigating.

from last night

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom