OT - Karen Read Trial in Massachusetts | The Boneyard

OT - Karen Read Trial in Massachusetts

Reaction Score
Anyone following this sordid mess of a trial?

Investigation so corrupt by Mass Staties that the FBI has already started its inquiry of MSP and Canton MA PD and sharing evidence with defense and prosecution for this trial before their inquiry is even done.

Lead investigator reading his texts (provided by the Feds) out loud while on the stand yesterday. Texts to buddies and co-workers about K Read was friggin outrageous. Not sure how this ever went to trial.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My daughter lives in Boston and follows every detail. She says the same thing. A coverup seems to run deep. I cannot see how she gets convicted.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is going straight to Netflix. This whole situation is so wild and so fascinating that it has to be one of those Netflix documentary series.

It doesn't take much digging to see a whole lot of stuff that would seem outrageous even in a fiction show.
  • Never even checked the house where he was found
  • ATF agent called in (buddy of cops) destroys his phone and stashes it in separate dumpers on a military base
All sorts of motivations in every direction.

Reaction Score
My daughter lives in Boston and follows every detail. She says the same thing. A coverup seems to run deep. I cannot see how she gets convicted.
Agreed. The defense hasn’t even started its case yet. The prosecutor seems like he’s working for the defense half the time calling these misfits to the stand

Reaction Score
I have some personal knowledge of the people involved (live in a town pretty close and family networks here run pretty deep). Completely Shyatshow all the way around, and highlights some of the really incestuous PD networks here in the south shore area between Staties, townies, etc. Its an absolute phenomenon in this part of the state, people literally watching it live all day and in facebook groups just like the OJ trial. Wild stuff. There's just no way it went down like the police are claiming, though i think the truth is equally difficult to discern.

Reaction Score
And what happened to the dog? And the swimming pool? And Free Turtleboy! Lock up Chicken Parm Charlie! My sister lives in Canton and says the cops are a mess. Oh, and just for fun,in an unrelated incident the police chief ran over a pedestrian in a crosswalk walking with a cane. Can’t make this stuff up. State cop leading the investigation is friends with one of the other suspects and the medical examiner said cause of death couldn’t be determined. And the DA brought in a special prosecutor to handle the case who had his law license suspended for inappropriate uses of client funds.

Justice would be she goes free and the DA and cops end up in jail!

Reaction Score
I've read about this a few times and came away with the impression she likely hit him while driving drunk. Do you guys not see it that way? If you think she's innocent, I'll have to dig in deeper, I like a good mystery.
It’s a month in and the prosecutor hasn't presented any real evidence to support that charge

Instead he's brought all sorts of local yokels and keystone cops to build that narrative without evidence.

Hard to see this ending in conviction even if she did do it based on shoddy police work and way too many inconsistencies

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is going straight to Netflix. This whole situation is so wild and so fascinating that it has to be one of those Netflix documentary series.

It doesn't take much digging to see a whole lot of stuff that would seem outrageous even in a fiction show.
  • Never even checked the house where he was found
  • ATF agent called in (buddy of cops) destroys his phone and stashes it in separate dumpers on a military base
All sorts of motivations in every direction.

This is not even a particularly good framing of someone for murder. There is about a 90% likelihood that O'Keefe got into a fight at the party, it went outside, and he was punched in the head and killed.

Anyone hit hard enough by a car to be killed would have injuries all over their body, since they would have been standing up when the car hit them. Someone punched in the head and killed would only have head injuries, which is all that O'Keefe has, other than some weird arm injury which is likely a dog bite.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
100% a cover up/frame job -- there's no way a jury can convict her beyond a reasonable doubt. Sadly, I don't think the real killer will ever come to justice. Corruption at its core.

Reaction Score
And the tail light. And the missing video and the reversed video. And the basement renovation. The google search by Jen McCabe ‘hos long to die in the cold’. And the butt dials.

Defense is gonna tear the prosecution’s case to shreds when it’s their turn. And the case is already in tatters

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s a month in and the prosecutor hasn't presented any real evidence to support that charge

Instead he's brought all sorts of local yokels and keystone cops to build that narrative without evidence.

Hard to see this ending in conviction even if she did do it based on shoddy police work and way too many inconsistencies
It's pretty wild that (a) nobody saw her hit him (b) nobody heard anything (c) there's no physical evidence on the car or body suggesting she hit him. That's the case, without even going into the mismatch of injuries with what they say happened, the shoddy police work, the destruction of evidence, the text messages, the Paramedic who just happened to show up at work 4 hours early at like 3 AM to take the call. You can't even keep this stuff straight.

I have no idea what the hell happened, and we won't know because they did everything they could to prevent us from knowing.

Reaction Score

This is not even a particularly good framing of someone for murder. There is about a 90% likelihood that O'Keefe got into a fight at the party, it went outside, and he was punched in the head and killed.

Anyone hit hard enough by a car to be killed would have injuries all over their body, since they would have been standing up when the car hit them. Someone punched in the head and killed would only have head injuries, which is all that O'Keefe has, other than some weird arm injury which is likely a dog bite.

I guess that goes to show you the power of the media. I just heard one or two of her friends said they hit something or heard a thump and that Reed just drove home and slept off her booze.

Reaction Score
It's pretty wild that (a) nobody saw her hit him (b) nobody heard anything (c) there's no physical evidence on the car or body suggesting she hit him. That's the case, without even going into the mismatch of injuries with what they say happened, the shoddy police work, the destruction of evidence, the text messages, the Paramedic who just happened to show up at work 4 hours early at like 3 AM to take the call. You can't even keep this stuff straight.

I have no idea what the hell happened, and we won't know because they did everything they could to prevent us from knowing.
I’d add ..and nobody saw him lying in the front yard after he was supposedly hit

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The whole thing is baffling - I cannot imagine she is convicted.

I also cannot imagine a more unlikeable group of people from stem to stern. Even the defendant just seems awful, but only half as awful as that snaggle-toothed monster woman with the dark hair.

Reaction Score
I've read about this a few times and came away with the impression she likely hit him while driving drunk. Do you guys not see it that way? If you think she's innocent, I'll have to dig in deeper, I like a good mystery.
I'm with you, I read a bunch of articles about it a while ago. Seemed like she just him accidentally?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I guess that goes to show you the power of the media. I just heard one or two of her friends said they hit something or heard a thump and that Reed just drove home and slept off her booze.
They weren't her friends -- these were O'Keefe's friends group.

Either 1) she didn't say that or 2) it was a My Cousin Vinnie "I shot the clerk!?" question and not statement.

Reaction Score
The whole thing is baffling - I cannot imagine she is convicted.

I also cannot imagine a more unlikeable group of people from stem to stern. Even the defendant just seems awful, but only half as awful as that snuggle-toothed monster woman with the dark hair.
1718122926092.jpeg

Reaction Score
The texts from the investigator yesterday were not exactly a surprising revelation given the perception of the police right now, but still just an abhorrent display of the type of people we give power and authority to.
“She waffled him. I looked at his body in the hospital. He was banged up.” In response, one of his friends asks, “She hot, at least?” to which Proctor said he replied, “She’s a wack job c–t. Yes, she’s a babe. Weird Fall River accent, though. No ass.”
--
“Funny, I’m going through his [Boneyard filtered word that means mentally handicapped] client’s phone. No nudes so far,” Proctor said he wrote.

America's police departments need a complete do-over.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The texts from the investigator yesterday were not exactly a surprising revelation given the perception of the police right now, but still just an abhorrent display of the type of people we give power and authority to.

America's police departments need a complete do-over.
Sent to his co workers and supervisors at MSP. And no one called him out. Supervisor ‘liked’ the text.

Reaction Score
Police corruption you say?....Yawn... was driving into Nuevo Laredo MX a few weeks ago. Almost to Tejas. Was driving in traffic. With multiple other cars going the exact same speed as I. We may of been speeding a bit. But the standard 9-10 mph over the limit. I get selected out of the crowd. I assume its my US plates. Cop wants 2000 pesos cash. I only had 1000. He settled for that.

To be honest, even 2000 pesos is only around 100 dollars. Even at that price it would of been the cheapest speeding ticket of my life. So i guess what am i complaining about. The blatent bribery is just a bit unsettling. But its very common in MX.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom