OT Kahn's Hot Dogs | The Boneyard

OT Kahn's Hot Dogs

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I almost never care about the actual posts, but I’m fascinated by how the synapses in someone’s brain fire and produce something like this.

His brain went sideways for a little while and a 30-year old hot dog ad wanders out of the fog. That’s a small, weird miracle.

I believe these events are proof that some sort of god exists because there is no way we would have evolved to this inane point with only nature in the driver’s seat.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I almost never care about the actual posts, but I’m fascinated by how the synapses in someone’s brain fire and produce something like this.

His brain went sideways for a little while and a 30-year old hot dog ad wanders out of the fog. That’s a small, weird miracle.

I believe these events are proof that some sort of god exists because there is no way we would have evolved to this inane point with only nature in the driver’s seat.

OT: Medical Advice

OP's brain is a Boneyard treasure.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
See a post about buying a new car, you'll see ads about new cars. View a thread on travel, and you'll see ads about travel.

Post about Kahn's hotdogs ...

55E3A279-8953-4300-A906-E3C9E44EDC67.jpeg

Reaction Score

If some sort of god does exist, then maybe there's more to it than just his synapses firing.

While we're on the subject of hot dogs, never liked Kahn's. So miss Roesslers, since they went out of business. Only ones I've found that measure up now are Dietz & Watson's Black Bear brand, hard to find though. I think only ShopRite sells them.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bittersweet.
Karen Carpenter might be alive today if only she had more Kahn's hot dogs.
I was gonna go there initially and then thought better of it. But I figured someone else would.

Back to Paul Williams, the guy wrote a ton of songs. I met him by chance a few years ago at a restaurant in Madison and I remember going home to look him up and being astounded by the number of well-known songs he penned. Until then I had mostly thought of him from his Odd Couple, Love Boat, Fantasy Island and Gong Show appearances.

Reaction Score
I was gonna go there initially and then thought better of it. But I figured someone else would.

Back to Paul Williams, the guy wrote a ton of songs. I met him by chance a few years ago at a restaurant in Madison and I remember going home to look him up and being astounded by the number of well-known songs he penned. Until then I had mostly thought of him from his Odd Couple, Love Boat, Fantasy Island and Gong Show appearances.

And Smokey and the Bandit!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And Smokey and the Bandit!
Good call. Great role. Loved that movie. Trans Am was my dream car because of that. And I grew up thinking that Coors was some really special beer.

Reaction Score
Good call. Great role. Loved that movie. Trans Am was my dream car because of that. And I grew up thinking that Coors was some really special beer.

I had to have a Trans Am after watching that movie beautiful car.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yeah, I debated adding:

"Too soon?
(How about never?)"

And Kahn's hot dogs could probably just as likely cause injury or death. Beer & muscle cars too.

It's been a weird thread from the word go.

Time to play in the snow with 6 year twins.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Is Kahn available to coach? Can he teach defense or are his players only going to hot dog it.

Reaction Score

He also had a big role in one of the original Planet of the apes movies. Struggled with addiction for some time. Showtime did a pretty good documentary on him.

Reaction Score
See a post about buying a new car, you'll see ads about new cars. View a thread on travel, and you'll see ads about travel.

Post about Kahn's hotdogs ...

View attachment 28686
It's pretty clear somebody has a bloating and gas problem...according to personalized search result based advertising tokens..or there is a strong correlation between Kahns hotdogs and bloating..

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He also had a big role in one of the original Planet of the apes movies. Struggled with addiction for some time. Showtime did a pretty good documentary on him.
Holy crap I never realized he was Virgil in Battle for the Planet of the Apes. Apparently he also appeared on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in full costume and sang “Here’s that Rainy Day.”

Didn’t know about the addiction but hardly surprising. I’m betting anyone who spent any time on The Gong Show had to go through detox and/or rehab at some point.

Thanks for the heads up on the documentary. I will look for it and I’m sure I will find it interesting.

Reaction Score
Holy crap I never realized he was Virgil in Battle for the Planet of the Apes. Apparently he also appeared on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in full costume and sang “Here’s that Rainy Day.”

Didn’t know about the addiction but hardly surprising. I’m betting anyone who spent any time on The Gong Show had to go through detox and/or rehab at some point.

Thanks for the heads up on the documentary. I will look for it and I’m sure I will find it interesting.
Paul Williams Still Alive

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I remember in the mid 70s when one of out friends father brought back a case of Coors from the Midwest and we walked around the field parties with one can thinking we were hot stuff or when we brought Busch from Florida or in the early 70s when we went to a 7-11 in the south and was amazed a convenient store was open 24/7 and served a thing called Slurpee in a serve yourself stand alone.

Reaction Score

Thought you were talking about Paul Williams from The Temptations.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I remember a different ad for Koogle, with the "Koo koo koogley eyes" song and character. But I wanted that stuff so badly; that or Smuckers Goober, the stuff with peanut butter and jelly in the same jar, in alternating vertical stripes.

My parents vetoed both and I have never had either one. We had eight kids and got the peanut butter bucket from Stew Leonard. It literally came in a pail with a handle.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I remember a different ad for Koogle, with the "Koo koo koogley eyes" song and character. But I wanted that stuff so badly; that or Smuckers Goober, the stuff with peanut butter and jelly in the same jar, in alternating vertical stripes.

My parents vetoed both and I have never had either one. We had eight kids and got the peanut butter bucket from Stew Leonard. It literally came in a pail with a handle.
It didn't last long. Only a few years. The cinnamon was delicious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom