OT-Jets | The Boneyard

OT-Jets

Reaction Score
He's shown poise since that INT. Credit the kid. Youngest NFL opening day starter in a long time.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Who is the lady announcer? Sounds like Reba . She is no Doris I’ll tell you

Reaction Score
These announcers are terrible. What happened to espn. What happened to sportscenter? I’m a big Green Bay fan and I tried to put on the highlights last night after the crazy win and I couldn’t get a damn highlight - unbelievable. Remember when watching NFL prime time with Boomer and Tom Jackson was a must every Sunday ? besides live games now and the 30 fir 30s does anyone even watch SportsCenter/espn anymore?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Sounds like Beth Mowens is the female announcer.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
These announcers are terrible. What happened to espn. What happened to sportscenter? I’m a big Green Bay fan and I tried to put on the highlights last night after the crazy win and I couldn’t get a damn highlight - unbelievable. Remember when watching NFL prime time with Boomer and Tom Jackson was a must every Sunday ? besides live games now and the 30 fir 30s does anyone even watch SportsCenter/espn anymore?

Chick just mentioned that the Jets offense averaged 14 per last year, doing much better tonight. Right after a pick 6. I mean, yeah, the offense has scored more, but might want ot mention it when they actually do score.

Reaction Score
The Lions hiring Patricia is the most Lions move ever, it somehow got even way more Lions when Patricia hired Pasqualoni as his D coordinator. It's like when Marty Mornhinweg won the coin toss to start overtime and deferred ×100.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'll give Stafford this, he's got a real set of balls. Stands in the pocket and takes shot after shot.

Not that you want your QB doing it, but it does take nuts.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The Lions hiring Patricia is the most Lions move ever, it somehow got even way more Lions when Patricia hired Pasqualoni as his D coordinator. It's like when Marty Mornhinweg won the coin toss to start overtime and deferred ×100.

A wee bit early to put the lid on the Patricia experiment no?

Lions are lookin like limp noodles tonight tho

Reaction Score
Stafford is having a heckuva game for the Jets tonight.

Reaction Score
How so? Ya never know when hiring coordinators. Not impressed with the Pasq move of course.
Belichick disciples don't do well on their own, he didn't do well with the Patriots recently, he's not at all highly thought of around the league, he hired Paul Pasqualoni to run his defense etc.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Belichick disciples don't do well on their own, he didn't do well with the Patriots recently, he's not at all highly thought of around the league, he hired Paul Pasqualoni to run his defense etc.

That's a lazy argument. Outside of the fact that each man is his own and not a computer programmed by Belichick, it's a really small sample.

Romeo Crennel: very underwhelming as a HC.
Mangini: middling at best, but did enough to get a second shot.

McDaniels: probably too young, too green, and too headstrong when he went to Denver. But his failings were more in personnel than coaching. He alienated and ran out the QB right out the chute, and then the stud receiver; He then drafted Tebow in the 1st.

But the guy got the Broncos to the playoffs, and even won a game, with Tim Freakin Tebow. Should get an award for that. He was fired after only a season and a half anyway; you need at least 3-4 years to make a more definitive judgment on a guy. In his next go around, if given a GM, with the subsequent years of seasoning under his belt, he'll be good.

Bill OBrien: Has been solid with no QBs to speak of. Took a 2 win Texans team to 3 consecutive 9-7 records with 2 playoff births. Last year lost Watson which derailed the season. Now that he actually has a QB (as opposed to Hoyer and Osweiller), I think he'll be good. Knows what he's doing for the most part.

If you are going to include Charlie Weis doing poorly in college, then you might as well include Nick Saban, who might end up being the the GOAT CFB coach.

I dunno how Matty P will do. Time will tell. But they look like junk tonight.

Reaction Score
That's a lazy argument. Outside of the fact that each man is his own and not a computer programmed by Belichick, it's a really small sample.

Romeo Crennel: very underwhelming as a HC.
Mangini: middling at best, but did enough to get a second shot.

McDaniels: probably too young, too green, and too headstrong when he went to Denver. But his failings were more in personnel than coaching. He alienated and ran out the QB right out the chute, and then the stud receiver; He then drafted Tebow in the 1st.

But the guy got the Broncos to the playoffs, and even won a game, with Tim Freakin Tebow. Should get an award for that. He was fired after only a season and a half anyway; you need at least 3-4 years to make a more definitive judgment on a guy. In his next go around, if given a GM, with the subsequent years of seasoning under his belt, he'll be good.

Bill OBrien: Has been solid with no QBs to speak of. Took a 2 win Texans team to 3 consecutive 9-7 records with 2 playoff births. Last year lost Watson which derailed the season. Now that he actually has a QB (as opposed to Hoyer and Osweiller), I think he'll be good. Knows what he's doing for the most part.

If you are going to include Charlie Weis doing poorly in college, then you might as well include Nick Saban, who might end up being the the GOAT CFB coach.

I dunno how Matty P will do. Time will tell. But they look like junk tonight.
Why do you care? You think he'll be good, I think he's going to absolutely suck.

Belichick has 1 disciple with a winning record, Al Groh at 9-7.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom