OT: Jahvon Quinerly | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Jahvon Quinerly

Reaction Score
Quinerly is about to be 20 and is playing pretty terribly for a McDonalds AA freshman under a great coach. He's never been a great shooter, but he's not doing anything particularly well at Nova. I'm not sure I'd even want him if it was going to upset the guards we already have committed in 2019 (I think Gaffney would not be pleased).

Agree. I'm all in on four year guys and/or guys who may think they can go early but aren't so obsessed with it they fail to think of the team. Is this guy another Lecque?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Per NCAA rules, are we allowed to have 2 members of Jelly Fam on the same team?
sounds like we need to contact the CT Ethics office regarding potential nepotism

Reaction Score
I have been alluding to this in other threads but after Rothstein's deleted tweet yesterday, I wanted to see if anyone else is hearing the same thing.

View attachment 36772

I have heard from multiple people Jahvon is not happy at Villanova, and with the guard class they have coming in next year, is considering transferring. He is from NJ and Hurley is very familiar with him and he is very close with Sid Wilson.
Wright benched him a few games ago. Something may be going on. Pass.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
You wouldn’t take him? He would fit perfectly in our offense. Attitude issues can be worked out. Purvis was said to have a bad attitude at NC State, never had any attitude issues here.

You want to bring another Purrvis to UConn? We are talking about basketball ability not being an ambassador of the University.

Reaction Score
You want to bring another Purrvis to UConn? We are talking about basketball ability not being an ambassador of the University.
Yeah I would absolutely take a Purvis right now. He's an NBA player. He would be one of the better shooters and defenders on this year's team. Plus, he's got decent size for a college two guard and is athletic.

pj

Reaction Score
Purvis > Christian Vital so I'd love to have him. Quinerly may be < Gaffney, not sure I want him.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
5 star quinerly maybe < 3 star gaffney?

possibility < probability

5 star Quinerly can't beat out a 2 star whose other offers were Drexel, Rider, Hofstra, Delaware, Albany, and Maine for playing time.

Reaction Score
then you're not taking the revered mr. sterling gibbs' explanation into account. said he would be a pro in a different system.

but i didnt deny it was a possibility

pj

Reaction Score
then you're not taking the revered mr. sterling gibbs' explanation into account. said he would be a pro in a different system.

but i didnt deny it was a possibility

And I didn't say I was sure.

Reaction Score
Wow. An you update me on his recurring process and why his is happening to him?
Jay won’t play him. Even when Villanova Obviously can use him. I guess jay just doesn’t want one and dones playing for him, wants to develop him which means no playing time. He’s probably better off at Arizona again, or UCLA. But he’s a jersey city kid (Hurley) so UConn becomes intriguing if he transfers

Reaction Score
He gone but lol at him thinking he was a 1 and done guy. 5'11 guys aren't 1 and dones.
Lmao he was 29th ranked kid at 5 11. No way he was one and done. He will go to the first school that acknowledges he is

Reaction Score
Seems to have attitude issues. Wright's a legendary college bball coach at this point. If you don't get it under him AND show attitude like that with that kind of public (online) presence to boot not worth Uconns time. Yah, Hurley could fix it, COULD ...but energy is better spent imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom