OT Jackie BradleyJr | Page 22 | The Boneyard

OT Jackie BradleyJr

Reaction Score
Pretty good list. I might bump DC up a bit though. jmo

Mine would include Charleston, Austin, and maybe Nashville.

I lived in DC for years (just moved this spring).

DC is good if you’re a “foodie” type that likes places doing experimental stuff etc.

However ethnic comfort food, outside of Mexican/Central American, in DC is just awful. I honestly think Atlanta (Atlanta!) has better Italian food than DC.

Ps Buford Highway, just outside of Atlanta, might be the best place to get Asian food in the US, certainly east of the Mississippi.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I think it's wrong to label it just Charleston really. My parents live just south of there and I visit often. The region from Savannah to Charleston, including Beaufort is the "Low Country". Some great food there, seafood heavy with a lot of Caribbean/creole/African elements.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think it's wrong to label it just Charleston really. My parents live just south of there and I visit often. The region from Savannah to Charleston, including Beaufort is the "Low Country". Some great food there, seafood heavy with a lot of Caribbean/creole/African elements.

I thought we were talking about cities <shrug>

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I thought we were talking about cities <shrug>

Fair. We were. I'm just saying that what makes Charleston good extends throughout that region.

Actually, we were talking about the awesome performance of Jack Bradley Junior, but...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Actually, we were talking about the awesome performance of Jack Bradley Junior, but...

Then Non-Red Sox fans started to grasp at anything they perceive Boston to be inferior...but wrong.

Reaction Score
Currently:
Patriots > Giants
Red Sox > Yankees
Celtics > Knicks
Bruins > Rangers

There have been years where it was all reversed. Apologies to JBJ for having his name associated with this mess.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So it seems Machado is blocking bags before he has the ball. Noticed it last night on Mookie’s steal and just now with Kinsler. Is he just dying to get cleated so he can start a fight? I know the rule has changed so a catcher can’t block the plate without the ball but what about infielders?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So it seems Machado is blocking bags before he has the ball. Noticed it last night on Mookie’s steal and just now with Kinsler. Is he just dying to get cleated so he can start a fight? I know the rule has changed so a catcher can’t block the plate without the ball but what about infielders?
punk being a punk

Reaction Score
Then Non-Red Sox fans started to grasp at anything they perceive Boston to be inferior...but wrong.
Boston is great at pro sports right now, it's not a top 10 food city. Both things can be true. Enjoy the game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I mean, cool story I suppose? That you lived in Mexico? I guess that settles it. This is a debate that I'd actually like having (minus your condescension) but unfortunately I've got a busy day today. We can probably just agree to disagree.

I won't even touch the Mexican comment.

Yeah, that's condescension-free.

Anyway, ready whenever you have free time, Gordito. I don't have expertise on a whole lot of subjects, but I'd easily win Jeopardy on this one.

Before we begin, one simple question: have you ever had any version of enchilada that wasn't baked with sauce on top?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Anyway, ready whenever you have free time, Gordito. I don't have expertise on a whole lot of subjects, but I'd easily win Jeopardy on this one.

Before we begin, one simple question: have you ever had any version of enchilada that wasn't baked with sauce on top?

Are the real ones baked inside? I would LOVE that.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pan?

Yeah. Or comal. In Mexico, anyway. There are a lot of different kinds of enchiladas, which really just started out as a tortilla soaked in sauce with some meager toppings, not a stuffed Mexican manicotti. And there's a "stacked" version popular in some regions where the tortillas are used like lasagna noodles.

Reaction Score

La Casa de las Enchiladas was my breakfast pretty much every morning in CDMX. Enchiladas any way you could think of, can't wait to get back.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
La Casa de las Enchiladas was my breakfast pretty much every morning in CDMX. Enchiladas any way you could think of, can't wait to get back.

My preferred breakfast was chilequiles verdes with a fried egg on top. But if I wasn't making it myself, I went low rent at Sanborns. And always the counter.

Reaction Score
My preferred breakfast was chilequiles verdes with a fried egg on top. But if I wasn't making it myself, I went low rent at Sanborns. And always the counter.
Sanborns is weird, they look like a chinese restaurant with a gift shop in it.

Reaction Score

I lived in Sonoma County for a year and have been to San Francisco at least 20 times on business. The restaurants are insanely good all over the City. A personal favorite was the House of Nanking at 919 Kearney street. So good I have had both lunch and dinner there on more than one occasion.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Back to baseball
As a lifelong Cubs fan, I have to admit that I do watch the Sox on a consistent basis, especially since the Francona years. I am a huge Francona fan and consider him and Maddon the two top managers in the MLB. I think I will have to make room at the table for Cora. Not only does the guy know how to relate to the players and get them to play hard for him but he seems to know exactly what to tweak and when to do it. This team is perhaps one of the best in MLB in decades. Their ability to be so effective with two outs is amazing. My hat is off to the Red Sox

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Sanborns is weird, they look like a chinese restaurant with a gift shop in it.

Well, you never know when you're gonna want to buy a TV or some perfume while you're eating breakfast.

Back to baseball
As a lifelong Cubs fan, I have to admit that I do watch the Sox on a consistent basis, especially since the Francona years. I am a huge Francona fan and consider him and Maddon the two top managers in the MLB. I think I will have to make room at the table for Cora. Not only does the guy know how to relate to the players and get them to play hard for him but he seems to know exactly what to tweak and when to do it. This team is perhaps one of the best in MLB in decades. Their ability to be so effective with two outs is amazing. My hat is off to the Red Sox

I can't tell you how happy I am that the Cubs aren't in this. Was happy y'all got your WS. And annoyed when y'all started acting like Sox/Yankees fans.

As for your smartest-man-in-the-room manager, not only did Counsell manage better in the NLC, but so did Hurdle.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom