OT: It's Saturday night, so boxing... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: It's Saturday night, so boxing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think your showing your lack of boxing knowledge. Sergio would not destroy Floyd. And you can't say a guy is past their prime after Floyd beats them. Mosley was coming off a win over Antonio Margarito, and was consider one of the best. Marquez was rated as the number two p4p when Floyd fought him.

Sergio should go no where near Golovkin. Sergio is gaining fans, a lost to someone who has no fans will take that all away and Golovkin could beat him. I would love to see him fight Ward but he says he cant go too 168 which is just an excuse because Ward would whoop him.

Reaction Score
Yea, and the comment about Castillo being past his prime is wildly inaccurate

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Martinez should absolutely not fight Chavez again unless the money is huge. And after he spent the 12th round being removed from his senses, there might actually be some money in that rematch.

Like it or not, Martinez is old, he gets hit an awful lot and he just escaped a fight with a lumbering oaf by the skin of his teeth. He needs to make some money now because it won't be there in two or three fights.

Forget Floyd - I'm not sure that trainwreck ever rights itself. (Floyd is a cautionary tale waiting to happen...what are the odds Mayweather eventually has to declare bankruptcy? Even money?) He can't fight Golovkin because there's no money in it and that guy is way too dangerous. Andre Ward is not even close to an option - too big, too fast, too everything.

A quick comment - champs...understand this, you are the village idiot here. Whenever we talk about the various village idiots we host, you're not the first person we come to, but you're top 3 most times - in fact, your handle is actually the basis for one of our inside jokes.

Just wanted you to know that.

Reaction Score
I think we see a rematch bewteen Chavez and Martinez. What other options does Sergio have? Fight vs some European middleweight on free HBO? Maybe he can get a match with Canelo however I seriously doubt Goldenboy would do that.

I like how Sergio's camp says Ward is too big for them when Sergio weighed 168 fight night compared to Ward 176. But Martinez isnt to big for Floyd or manny who both fight in the low 150's.

Reaction Score
I think your showing your lack of boxing knowledge. Sergio would not destroy Floyd. And you can't say a guy is past their prime after Floyd beats them. Mosley was coming off a win over Antonio Margarito, and was consider one of the best. Marquez was rated as the number two p4p when Floyd fought him.

Sergio should go no where near Golovkin. Sergio is gaining fans, a lost to someone who has no fans will take that all away and Golovkin could beat him. I would love to see him fight Ward but he says he cant go too 168 which is just an excuse because Ward would whoop him.

mosley coming off a win over margacheato is your reasoning for him not being past his prime? are you serious? mosley was on the downside of his career after the second de la hoya fight. sure he was good not great till about 2006 when he beat vargas a couple times but he was nowhere near the fighter he was when he first fought dlh. he was never the same after forrest laid two whippings on him nevermind where he was when he finally fought floyd in 09. come on man, get serious!

mosely considered "one of the best" after beating margacheato? lol! you fell for that bs hype job to sell the public on the floyd/shane fight bro! that just lets me know your level of boxing knowledge or lack there of. in his ten previous fights before the floyd fight he lost twice to winky, a fight to cotto and beat a few marginal fighters. heck ill give you margacheato as a decent win.as far as me saying sergio would whoop floyd is as innaccurate as you saying otherwise. its just an opinion. you have yours i have mine. same goes for your comment about ward whooping sergio.

why would sergio move up to fight ward when the real money is at 160-154? there isnt enough money in what would be a tough fight against ward. ward is an absolute stud at 168 but outside of the boxing faithful no one knows who the hell he is. sure his popularity went up after the dawson fight but hes just not a household name. sergio/floyd,sergio/alvarez,sergio/cotto would be far more lucrative than a fight with ward. sergio wants floyd but we all know floyd will duck him and canelo and continue ducking pacman by hiding behind rediculous accusations and contract demands.

Reaction Score
OK in your previous post you said Floyd avoided Maracheato? Now you dont consider Mosley a decent win? I said Mosley was considered one of the best when Floyd fought him. He had won 7 of 8 fights going into the Floyd fight had TKO wins over Mayorga and twice over Vargas and his only loss was debatable too Cotto. Was he past his prime? Probably but still very live opponent going into the Floyd fight.

Floyd will fight Canelo soon. We know nothing about Canelo he hasn't fought anybody yet.

Reaction Score
OK in your previous post you said Floyd avoided Maracheato? Now you dont consider Mosley a decent win? I said Mosley was considered one of the best when Floyd fought him. He had won 7 of 8 fights going into the Floyd fight had TKO wins over Mayorga and twice over Vargas and his only loss was debatable too Cotto. Was he past his prime? Probably but still very live opponent going into the Floyd fight.

Floyd will fight Canelo soon. We know nothing about Canelo he hasn't fought anybody yet.
i hope he does fight canelo but i dont see that happening. ive already read some rumblings of a floyd/berto fight before the end of the year which would be a tuneup for a fight in the spring.

Reaction Score
Yuck.... I have heard Berto wants to fight Canelo. I believe Berto is fighting Bundrage in November sometime

Reaction Score
I was a big Sugar Shane fan and yes he was way past his prime when he fought Floyd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom