OT: it was just a matter of time | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: it was just a matter of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the food is migrating northwards because the water stays warmer there due to climate change and the sharks follow the food...

Critical thinking is a good skill to have.
With many "temperature studies" being proven fraudulent...numbers made up and such, it is foolish to put any stock in assumptions such as these. I think it much more likely, as has been mentioned earlier, that the seal populations have been increasing commensurate with their increased legal protection...and therefore need to find new areas to feed in. So blind acceptance of "research" about temperature being the reason for this activity, from such critically acclaimed think tanks like Daily Beast, is not a direction a critical thinker would logically go in.

Last edited:
Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
FiGrdle.jpg
You have a very funny looking head.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Please don't get my Shark thread cesspool'd.

And trust me, Im saying this for everyone elses benefit, not mine.

Because most of you would be like seals to the sharks we have swimming in there daily

You can start a climate change thread in the pool right now if you want.

August_West

Reaction Score
Now, now. Don't exaggerate. I'm told by experts once a shark realized the person isn't a seal they let go and swim away. It's just a case of mistaken identity.

I just wish that if the sharks are going to start gnawing on Cape vacationers they eat the NY/NJ/PA people instead of New Englanders. That may clear the Fri-Sun traffic on I95 I have to pull my hair out about weekly.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I just wish that if the sharks are going to start gnawing on Cape vacationers they eat the NY/NJ/PA people instead of New Englanders. That may clear the Fri-Sun traffic on I95 I have to pull my hair out about weekly.

Reaction Score
I have been going to the Cape my entire life and the recent shark activity is devastating.
You must be getting tired!

I was until I had lunch on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Is this a cry for tolls at the Ct/NY border?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

The first guy, the one attacked in Truro, was a NY doctor. He's finally going home now.

Last edited:

August_West

Reaction Score
The first guy, the one attacked in Truro, was a NY doctor. He's finally going how now.
I’d recommend mass pike to NYS thruway

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
absolutely.

We are so frickin dumb to not toll these people.
As one those people let me offer the following rebuttal:

Screw you August

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Cape is overrated anyway.

I can't wait till the sharks are up in Maine and the Quebecois start insulting them followed by throwing garbage at them and then throwing punches at them. Those sharks have no idea what they're up against.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
stripper
I wish I could blame auto correct, but instead I will blame Freud.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
But its fine to charge me 20 bucks to drive your state.
It's brutal. I never paid it any mind until after our recent trip to Baltimore, when I got the EZ-Pass statement. More than $60 round trip in tolls alone. We know some people who take a route that's around 100 miles longer each way just to avoid or minimize tolls and traffic. We used to scoff at them but we're reconsidering after that realization.

August_West

Reaction Score
I wish I could blame auto correct, but instead I will blame Freud.

Little known Adub factoid.

Ive never been into a strip club once in my life. Not once.

The only caveat to that that my wife dings me on (because she was with me) is in the mid 90's I used to play The Sting in New Britain and the Backstage area had a door that took you onto a catwalk above the strip bar next door (Molly Malones I think it was called, not sure), but I contend that the time or two I was bored backstage and ended up on a catwalk 20 feet above a strip club for a couple minutes as maintaining my streak.

Reaction Score
Problem with the Cape is the short tourist season. Little more than July and August. Had a lot of fun there in the 80's. Now there's just too many better options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom