OT: it was just a matter of time | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: it was just a matter of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We ended up with over 80 lbs of filets .

It’s great eating. Big fat white non fishy steaks.

Cost and availability I’m sure. Stuff is very seasonal and goes for 20 bucks a lb on shoreline When you can even get it

I can't recall ever actually eating striper even though I lived out that way for 45 years. Weird.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
And you are still alive and (apparently?) cancer free. storrsroars 1 nasty polluted beaches 0.

Read again... I chickened out. Part of the deal is you're 10-12 feet underwater and have to share your regulator with a "buddy". I'd already had one "buddy" panic in the pool at the Y practicing for this who wouldn't share. I wasn't taking chances in water that was pitch black where you couldn't see 3 feet in front of you, lol. A mouthful of that and yeah, I either be really sick or immunized against the plague.

I did go skinny dipping in Norwalk Harbor back in the late 70s though. After an Oyster Fest and a number of pops.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
CT. beaches as nice as anywhere? Say what???
He's talking about the cleanliness of the beaches and water in CT east of the Connecticut River. Like Groton Long Point, for example. There is a huge difference imo between the beaches there and the CT shoreline beaches west of the Connecticut River. I live in one of those towns and I never even consider going in the water.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He's talking about the cleanliness of the beaches and water in CT east of the Connecticut River. Like Groton Long Point, for example. There is a huge difference imo between the beaches there and the CT shoreline beaches west of the Connecticut River. I live in one of those towns and I never even consider going in the water.
this is true.
the beaches themselves arent that great but the water definitely benefits from being at the mouth of Atlantic out there.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Read again... I chickened out. Part of the deal is you're 10-12 feet underwater and have to share your regulator with a "buddy". I'd already had one "buddy" panic in the pool at the Y practicing for this who wouldn't share. I wasn't taking chances in water that was pitch black where you couldn't see 3 feet in front of you, lol. A mouthful of that and yeah, I either be really sick or immunized against the plague.

I did go skinny dipping in Norwalk Harbor back in the late 70s though. After an Oyster Fest and a number of pops.

That's what I meant. By being a pansy, you won. Who's laughing now!?

Reaction Score
does your unit double as a thermometer?

let's just say that if you go in that water you've got shrinkage.

justin-bieber-I-was-in-the-pool-meme.jpg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And yet, there's only been 1 fatal shark attack in MA since 1936.

82 years actually.
Have at it. Enjoy the swimming in the #1 location to see great white sharks on the east coast. You are right, nothing to worry about here. The tepid here are just bad at statistics and wimps.

Serious thoughly, the upper cape is to sharks/swimming as to what yellowstone is to grizzlies/camping.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You'd never see a beach like this in Connecticut:
IMG_0049.JPG

Oh wait, you do.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Have at it. Enjoy the swimming in the #1 location to see great white sharks on the east coast. You are right, nothing to worry about here. The tepid here are just bad at statistics and wimps.

Serious thoughly, the upper cape is to sharks/swimming as to what yellowstone is to grizzlies/camping.

Eh, I surfed for years in S/SW Australia. Cape can't hold a candle. I'll admit I've a screw loose.

Thinking on it though, the risk reward for Oz was much, much greater. Waves light years better there.

Reaction Score
I'm taking you as someone who has a gallon of Purell in their car.

I can't talk. I chickened out on my SCUBA cert dive since it was going to happen less than a half mile off Bridgeport Harbor in 1984.

you couldn't be further off, I wash my hands after using the bathroom 50% of the time

Reaction Score
The Old Lyme beaches are very nice. White Sands is beautiful, I've been going to Old Colony Beach my entire life, Point of Woods is very scenic. If you want a party scene, Sound View is a great place with the Pavilion and Lenny's on the Beach are almost always packed. We all like to rag on CT but its a very beautiful state that's just horribly run.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Eh, I surfed for years in S/SW Australia. Cape can't hold a candle. I'll admit I've a screw loose.

Thinking on it though, the risk reward for Oz was much, much greater. Waves light years better there.

If the sharks don't get you in Oz, the box jellyfish will. Even long dead ones baking in the sand.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If the sharks don't get you in Oz, the box jellyfish will. Even long dead ones baking in the sand.

I got one a small one the arm. it HURTS! And the pain annoyingly does not recede for a long time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say easier?

Basically in the whole world, it's Great White, Tiger, and Bull being the most aggressive towards humans. With strong seconds by the Bronze Whaler, Mako, and White Tips. Might be one or two other i don't remember.

Almost all Great White attacks are in fairly deep water. Not true for Bull Sharks. So it is pretty easy to avoid deep water.

As for the Woods Hole thing, she is staying with them next weekend.

Reaction Score
Sharks live in the ocean, sharks like to eat seals. Humans like to swim in the ocean, some humans look like seals. Connect the dots.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sharks live in the ocean, sharks like to eat seals. Humans like to swim in the ocean, some humans look like seals. Connect the dots.
4E8839AE00000578-5985901-image-a-12_1532430097789.jpg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark. Farewell and adieu..........

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Old Lyme beaches are very nice. White Sands is beautiful, I've been going to Old Colony Beach my entire life, Point of Woods is very scenic. If you want a party scene, Sound View is a great place with the Pavilion and Lenny's on the Beach are almost always packed. We all like to rag on CT but its a very beautiful state that's just horribly run.

Spent a good amount of my life at Point O Woods - good amount of my family lives there year round.

There are a couple of other BY posters from POW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom