OT-ish - UConn not pursuing Major Conference | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT-ish - UConn not pursuing Major Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did they finally find a treatment to reverse the coma or did someone remove the rock blocking your escape?

No posts since October and then two rants in 30 minutes --- feel better??
Yes, I feel just fine. It is a shame that you cannot recognize the truth if it hit you upside the head.

Reaction Score
There are so many ways that you are shortsighted and wrong but I just don't have the will to explain.
Shortsighted? LOL. When you can't even keep a majority of good instate players at home, how do you expect to battle other members of the power conferences for kids from their states. It's called shoveling s*** against the tide, and UCONN is losing the battle. How many more years are you going to keep telling yourself that they are 1 or 2 players away from competing for a big time bowl game?

Reaction Score
The problem is, what you're saying isn't anywhere near "the truth".
I'll make you a deal. The men will win anther NC, before the football team plays in a major bowl game. Annnnd, UC will not be part of any power conference in the foreseeable future.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Shortsighted? LOL. When you can't even keep a majority of good instate players at home, how do you expect to battle other members of the power conferences for kids from their states. It's called shoveling s*** against the tide, and UCONN is losing the battle. How many more years are you going to keep telling yourself that they are 1 or 2 players away from competing for a big time bowl game?
Now you are just doubling down on stupid. Not gonna waste my time on the willfully ignorant.

Reaction Score
I guess you must have been in Antarctica when UConn went to the Fiesta Bowl. Or your firehouse had no tv's (which would be a first).
Matter of fact I never attended any games @ the Rent.
Too bad..they are a good ..make that a GREAT time! What UCONN athletic events to you attend? I have season tickets to football and hockey

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Matter of fact I never attended any games @ the Rent.
Thank goodness, and I hope I won't have to see your whiny @ss there in the future.

It's a great way to make yourself feel better, to tell 99.9999% of the fans that they are destined to watch a show of a university.

You drive a monster truck, don't you?

Reaction Score
I guess you must have been in Antarctica when UConn went to the Fiesta Bowl. Or your firehouse had no tv's (which would be a first).

Too bad..they are a good ..make that a GREAT time! What UCONN athletic events to you attend? I have season tickets to football and hockey

I remain hopeful that we don't get an AD that he deserves.

Reaction Score
Keeping in state players hmmm.... we got 4 of the Top 10 high school players this year alone from CT... In Coach Diaco I believe, little by little building walls J. Rome wasn’t built in a few years, it takes time patient and well thought out plan and process.

Reaction Score

Nope was not in Antarctica, but tell me, how did UC do in that Fiesta Bowl game against OU?

Reaction Score
Keeping in state players hmmm.... we got 4 of the Top 10 high school players this year alone from CT... In Coach Diaco I believe, little by little building walls J. Rome wasn’t built in a few years, it takes time patient and well thought out plan and process.
4 of the top 10 from CT. Wow, that's not saying much. I would rather have 5 of the top 10 players from maybe, Texas, or Florida, Ohio, PA, or Jersey. Face it, the talent pool in this state cannot compete with the talent pool from other football crazy states. It's that simple. It's a numbers game, and the numbers don't lie.

Reaction Score
Do internet trolls think they are funny? Serious question, i just don't see the point.

Reaction Score
Do internet trolls think they are funny? Serious question, i just don't see the point.
it has nothing to do with being funny. It's called being realistic. Would I like to see the football team succeed, yes, will they? Not if they continue doing what they are doing. Prince, let me ask you, would you like to get top players from PA, OH, TX, Fl, Al, LA, or top players from CT? Really answer it honestly. Do you really think CT teams like Ansonia, Hand, Capital Prep, ND of West Haven would be able to compete on the same level as top programs from TX, PA, etc? You know the answer.

Reaction Score
it has nothing to do with being funny. It's called being realistic. Would I like to see the football team succeed, yes, will they? Not if they continue doing what they are doing. Prince, let me ask you, would you like to get top players from PA, OH, TX, Fl, Al, LA, or top players from CT? Really answer it honestly. Do you really think CT teams like Ansonia, Hand, Capital Prep, ND of West Haven would be able to compete on the same level as top programs from TX, PA, etc? You know the answer.

Ok, I'll play. Two Big East titles and a BCS appearance while recruiting these limited players. Name another program within a 200 mile radius who can match those results over the past 10 years...don't rush, I'll wait.

Reaction Score
Since it took you almost a month to come back and answer...you'll have to check back in another month to see my response. I know the score to the game because I actually went to it ..
You know the score, because you went. Well that was a waste of good money. A 48-20 rout in the Fiesta Bowl went a long way to show you that UC has light years to go before they can be spoken in the same sentence as the real power conferences, if at all. Let's just agree to disagree. The chances of your favorite UC team being some sort of a "playah" in the realm of 'BIG TIME' college football, participating in a major playoff college game, or cracking the top 10 in the college rankings are slim to none. Just satisfy yourself with the reality that UC football was, is and always will be 2nd class. The dreams of playing the Alabama's, LSU's, Texas A&M's, Ohio State's, or any other of the power teams in some championship bowl game are just that.....................DREAMS.

Reaction Score
You know the score, because you went. Well that was a waste of good money. A 48-20 rout in the Fiesta Bowl went a long way to show you that UC has light years to go before they can be spoken in the same sentence as the real power conferences, if at all. Let's just agree to disagree. The chances of your favorite UC team being some sort of a "playah" in the realm of 'BIG TIME' college football, participating in a major playoff college game, or cracking the top 10 in the college rankings are slim to none. Just satisfy yourself with the reality that UC football was, is and always will be 2nd class. The dreams of playing the Alabama's, LSU's, Texas A&M's, Ohio State's, or any other of the power teams in some championship bowl game are just that......DREAMS.
I see you found out how to respond to posts in less than a month, At least you're getting better. I hope you remembered to get to work on time when you were in the firehouse. I'm guessing not by the way you come in and out of here. Hey look just because you can't ride on a firetruck anymore isn't my fault so get over yourself! Besides how do you know whether my trip was a waste of money or not. It wasn't...it was a very fun trip and I got to meet some really cool OU fans. NEWS FLASH...if you don't like UConn sports or the direction they have gone there is a simple and easy solution: Don't come on here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom