OT-ish - UConn not pursuing Major Conference | The Boneyard

OT-ish - UConn not pursuing Major Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Garbage is the word. This guy is clueless.

UCONN pushing for inclusion in a P5 conference is not going to be made public knowledge right now. He's been reading too much of UC's president tweeting they're in the Big12.

An FOI request is not going to garner any info on cr. Check CT FOI laws. There is much material the university does not have to make public, contrary to popular belief. Rutgers and Maryland were not publicly stating they were in negotiations with the Big10. It was finally leaked about 2 to 3 weeks before the announcement was made.

I believe UCONN is in serious negotiations with the Big 12. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
uconn is making a push, they are just keeping it under wraps, if you recall last time when RU got in the big , uconn huffed and puffed and looked like idiots. now, they learned their lesson. keep it quiet, be professional and make it happen.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
He took the lack of information from the FOI request and turned it into an ill informed story. The idea that UConn isn't looking is as asinine as the thought of me getting the hot chick at any level of my life. Nothing to see here.

Reaction Score
He got sloppy and took a pounding on Twitter:

KevinOnCFB11:38am via TweetDeck
#UConn fans, know that I respect your passion this morning. I honestly did not set out to get you all riled up, but I have. (1/2)

KevinOnCFB11:39am via TweetDeck
I am not going to apologize for what I wrote or believing what I believe regarding #Uconn and P5 pursuits. But I must get back to work. 2/2
The only work he put into that story was the effort it took to bang on his keyboard to produce it! There is no facts backing up his claims. A lack of FOI information doesn't mean a thing!

Reaction Score
I don't know. My impression of Herbst is that she cares but not that much about athletics. If a P5 happens fine if not she has lots of other goals and she's not going out of her way to make it happen. She will say the right things but she won't make much of an effort. To quote the writer Isaac Basheva Singer when asked if he said he wouldn't cross the street to meet Shaespere, "I might cross the street, but I wouldn't travel to Flushing." That is Herbst's approach to the power 5. She might cross the street but she isn't willing to go out of her way.

Reaction Score
I don't know. My impression of Herbst is that she cares but not that much about athletics. If a P5 happens fine if not she has lots of other goals and she's not going out of her way to make it happen. She will say the right things but she won't make much of an effort. To quote the writer Isaac Basheva Singer when asked if he said he wouldn't cross the street to meet Shaespere, "I might cross the street, but I wouldn't travel to Flushing." That is Herbst's approach to the power 5. She might cross the street but she isn't willing to go out of her way.
Totally disagree with you here.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

You have nothing to base this on. Pure, unadulterated fiction.

Reaction Score
Read the second post before you click on it (not that my post helps that). Don't give him the views.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
SH has said sports is the front door. There is no way she is not going to pursue a $20m a year addition to the coffers as long as the publicity the University receives. The University administration learned from the ACC debacle and has been acting quietly for years to get to the P5. The only thing not quiet is all the moves to ultimately become AAU!

Reaction Score
SH has said sports is the front door. There is no way she is not going to pursue a $20m a year addition to the coffers as long as the publicity the University receives. The University administration learned from the ACC debacle and has been acting quietly for years to get to the P5. The only thing not quiet is all the moves to ultimately become AAU!

Yeah but, but freescooter said.......:rolleyes:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Other than the fact that she's contradicted everything you wrote multiple times, this was quite spot on. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
There is saying and doing. Ignore what she says. That is Bush Senior saying "no new taxes". Look at what she has done. Almost every school that moved has been active in courting its new conference and done so quite publicly. People were talking Rutgers to the Big for a decade. Syracuse lobbied the ACC from the day they lost out to VaTech. Md was rumored to the Big for a year before it happened. Louisville to the ACC was the result of public and loud lobbying. And there are no emails or memos at UConn? None? We are building the American boys and girls.

Reaction Score
Let's hope you are right and I'm wrong but the AAC basketball tourney is comin to Hartford for a couple of years so nothing is on the horizon

Reaction Score
Let's hope you are right and I'm wrong but the AAC basketball tourney is comin to Hartford for a couple of years so nothing is on the horizon

AAC can still have their tourney in Hartford. If things go the way we want we will be playing in Kansas City that weekend.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You are completely clueless.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
AAC can still have their tourney in Hartford. If things go the way we want we will be playing in Kansas City that weekend.

Nah, we would start with the 17-18 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom