OT-ish - UConn not pursuing Major Conference | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT-ish - UConn not pursuing Major Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It always amazes myself that people have so much spare time that they waste it on another team's message board being a dick. I wish I had that sort of free time....
Don't you just hate it when someone else is right. It's not a matter of being a as you say, it's the fact you cannot recognize the truth when it's staring you straight in the face. Typical Connecticut thinking. Maybe it's time to head back to those bucolic days, in Storrs, when the cows grazed near Horsebarn Hill, and Uconn played the likes of New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, UMASS, and Vermont, in the good ole days of the Yankee Conference. Oh, by the way, I was born and raised in CT. not far from the Storrs campus. Went to many of those old games, back in the heyday, and we knew that they were never going to approach the level of football power, that other schools had. It was accepted, why cannot you accept the fact that UC's football status is what it is, and just enjoy it for what it is..................entertainment.

Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Reaction Score
I see you found out how to respond to posts in less than a month, At least you're getting better. I hope you remembered to get to work on time when you were in the firehouse. I'm guessing not by the way you come in and out of here. Hey look just because you can't ride on a firetruck anymore isn't my fault so get over yourself! Besides how do you know whether my trip was a waste of money or not. It wasn't...it was a very fun trip and I got to meet some really cool OU fans. NEWS FLASH...if you don't like UConn sports or the direction they have gone there is a simple and easy solution: Don't come on here!
Yup, I am retired. I also am proud of my career. If that's all you have, to be critical of my career, then I really feel for you. As to my feelings on the direction or lack thereof of Uconn sports, as we in the fire house use to say, opinions are like assholes, everyone has them. OH, and I ALWAYS REMEMBERED TO GET TO WORK ON TIME. I see my your moniker that you are. or claim to be FDNY, I use to have a lot of respect for members of FDNY, but like everything else a lot of the 'new breed' demand to be respected, without earning that respect. One of the big reasons why, I chose to hang up my helmet, when I did. Too many 9/11er's coming on the job saying 'look at me', I am a hero. My work is done here. Yup, I'll leave you to your kibbitzing. Had a lot of fun twisting your underwear into a knot.

Reaction Score
Yup, I am retired. I also am proud of my career. If that's all you have, to be critical of my career, then I really feel for you. As to my feelings on the direction or lack thereof of Uconn sports, as we in the fire house use to say, opinions are like s, everyone has them. OH, and I ALWAYS REMEMBERED TO GET TO WORK ON TIME. I see my your moniker that you are. or claim to be FDNY, I use to have a lot of respect for members of FDNY, but like everything else a lot of the 'new breed' demand to be respected, without earning that respect. One of the big reasons why, I chose to hang up my helmet, when I did. Too many 9/11er's coming on the job saying 'look at me', I am a hero. My work is done here. Yup, I'll leave you to your kibbitzing. Had a lot of fun twisting your underwear into a knot.
You didn't twist anything....I guess you never worked at a place with a tough FH kitchen.

Reaction Score
You know the score, because you went. Well that was a waste of good money. A 48-20 rout in the Fiesta Bowl went a long way to show you that UC has light years to go before they can be spoken in the same sentence as the real power conferences, if at all. Let's just agree to disagree. The chances of your favorite UC team being some sort of a "playah" in the realm of 'BIG TIME' college football, participating in a major playoff college game, or cracking the top 10 in the college rankings are slim to none. Just satisfy yourself with the reality that UC football was, is and always will be 2nd class. The dreams of playing the Alabama's, LSU's, Texas A&M's, Ohio State's, or any other of the power teams in some championship bowl game are just that......DREAMS.

I think you mean 'light years to go before they (UConn) can be spoken in the same sentence as the real power 'teams' not conferences. Though not as cynical as you, I agree that based on history, location, facilities (UConn's are good; but, Alabama has imported Italian marble in its football practice facility, wtf!?), money, etc. UConn has a long way to go before it can be compared to the elite programs like Alabama, Ohio St, USC, etc. That's no insult to UConn. Most teams are in the same boat. What UConn can be and has proven to be is competitive within the P5 conferences. UConn has beaten ND in South Bend, has beaten South Carolina in Bowl, have beaten many of our former Big E colleagues before UConn was relegated to G5 status - Louisville 4 times, Pitt 5 times, Rutgers 4 times, Syracuse 6 times, West Virginia once. On September 1st this season, I would like UConn's chances against Wake, BC, Rutgers, Purdue, Kansas, etc. That's all most of want - a competitive football team in a P4/5 conference that may periodically get a whiff of a major bowl much and a program that we can be proud that support's UConn's mission and identity. That is not unrealistic not unreasonable.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Don't you just hate it when someone else is right. It's not a matter of being a as you say, it's the fact you cannot recognize the truth when it's staring you straight in the face. Typical Connecticut thinking. Maybe it's time to head back to those bucolic days, in Storrs, when the cows grazed near Horsebarn Hill, and Uconn played the likes of New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, UMASS, and Vermont, in the good ole days of the Yankee Conference. Oh, by the way, I was born and raised in CT. not far from the Storrs campus. Went to many of those old games, back in the heyday, and we knew that they were never going to approach the level of football power, that other schools had. It was accepted, why cannot you accept the fact that UC's football status is what it is, and just enjoy it for what it is...entertainment.
I don't quite get what your angle is here. No one on this board is claiming we are a football powerhouse. No one is claiming we should be easily fighting for Top 100 talent in recruiting. All anyone is saying is that we want our team to be competitive and support them every step of the way. Yet somehow you have decided that we are claiming that we are an amazing football school and the best in the country.

Are you one of the nelson followers who believe we should drop football and go back to our Big East days? If that's the case then I'm all set here. However, I'm not quite sure what the heck your angle is with all this crap.....

Reaction Score
4 of the top 10 from CT. Wow, that's not saying much. I would rather have 5 of the top 10 players from maybe, Texas, or Florida, Ohio, PA, or Jersey. Face it, the talent pool in this state cannot compete with the talent pool from other football crazy states. It's that simple. It's a numbers game, and the numbers don't lie.

Now that is not realistic.... yeah you going to get the top player from does state over there local school hmmm.... come back to earth, we have to get the best player from our area then maybe get one or two top player around the country to come to UCONN.... we have good talented players on our team. This is not Alabama, Oklahoma or Ohio State to get does top players from does rich talented states.... I'm happy we get one.... like the running back we got from Texas this year.

Reaction Score
Now that is not realistic.... yeah you going to get the top player from does state over there local school hmmm.... come back to earth, we have to get the best player from our area then maybe get one or two top player around the country to come to UCONN.... we have good talented players on our team. This is not Alabama, Oklahoma or Ohio State to get does top players from does rich talented states.... I'm happy we get one.... like the running back we got from Texas this year.

Not to mention I think a lot of the "ratings" are skewed for players in New England because we don't have "football tradition" like schools down south. So no one pays attention. No one paid attention to Byron Jones and he turned out to be one the highest drafted CB's last year and is getting stellar compliments from teammates (Dez Bryant included) and coaches alike. Don't let this fool tell you there's no talent in this state.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Apparently after you retire you gain a whole bunch of weight but the lack of income restricts you from buying new underpants. Somebody get ctretired a new pair of undies. His are way too tight, squeezing his junk and making him miserable.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Apparently after you retire you gain a whole bunch of weight but the lack of income restricts you from buying new underpants. Somebody get ctretired a new pair of undies. His are way too tight, squeezing his junk and making US miserable.

Fixed that for ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog