OT: Interesting Christmas gift ideas for the missus? | The Boneyard

OT: Interesting Christmas gift ideas for the missus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I have been advised off clothing or jewelry purchases.

Have done mani/pedi/spa gift cards a few times already; did movie gift card last year and she's still working on that one.

She buys her own books and knows what she wants to read; she likes books and not e-readers.

She no longer listens to CDs now that she has Sirius radio. Got her an iPod mini last year.

Cooking gifts are to be approached with caution, and household appliances are as well.

We already have a to do list of a handful of house projects for which she has the green light (e.g., back splash; redoing two bathrooms, etc.) and just needs to arrange.

I have already purchased concert tickets (Neil Diamond--don't judge), which will be part of the gift.

Looking for other ideas so she has a few more things to open on Christmas morning that she will appreciate.

Any ideas?

PS: Dick in a Box already been suggested.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have been advised off clothing or jewelry purchases.

Have done mani/pedi/spa gift cards a few times already; did movie gift card last year and she's still working on that one.

She buys her own books and knows what she wants to read; she likes books and not e-readers.

She no longer listens to CDs now that she has Sirius radio. Got her an iPod mini last year.

Cooking gifts are to be approached with caution, and household appliances are as well.

We already have a to do list of a handful of house projects for which she has the green light (e.g., back splash; redoing two bathrooms, etc.) and just needs to arrange.

I have already purchased concert tickets (Neil Diamond--don't judge), which will be part of the gift.

Looking for other ideas so she has a few more things to open on Christmas morning that she will appreciate.

Any ideas?

PS: Dick in a Box already been suggested.
The thing is your gift needs to be thoughtful for her. I'm sure she spends more time than she'd like cleaning up for you and kids, preparing meals and what not. Why not get a full time maid? Not just someone who comes in once a week but a full time 24/7 maid.

-font-b-Maid-b-font-Servant-Sexy-font-b-Costume-b-font-Cosplay-Uniform-Hot.jpg

Just remember this phrase, "But honey, I got her for you." I suspect it may come in handy. Well that and perhaps the name of a family law attorney.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The thing is your gift needs to be thoughtful for her. I'm sure she spends more time than she'd like clean up for you and kids, preparing meals and what not. Why not get a full time maid? Not just someone who comes in once a week but a full time 24/7 maid.

Just remember this phrase, "But honey, I got her for you." I suspect it may come in handy. Well that and perhaps the name of a family law attorney.
What, no Championship Bobblehead??

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If Dick in a Box was already suggested, I'm not sure why you are soliciting any other opinions...

Frame something nice. Family picture or something. Mrs. CTMike is getting a nicely framed NOAA chart of Block Island for our dining room.

She's also not getting anything else because holy crap nice frames are expensive.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What, no Championship Bobblehead??
See there's your problem you aren't thinking her. Tell you what, if you aren't sure just interview the maid when your wife isn't home. Walk her through the house, show her the rooms, let her know what you expect of her.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If Dick in a Box was already suggested, I'm not sure why you are soliciting any other opinions...

Frame something nice. Family picture or something. Mrs. CTMike is getting a nicely framed NOAA chart of Block Island for our dining room.

She's also not getting anything else because holy crap nice frames are expensive.
Yes, nice framing is very expensive. Worth it though imo. There are a few more items we've been meaning to frame, at least one of which is something of interest to her, so this may be a good call. Thanks.

Reaction Score
For cooking gifts, you can't beat a Le Creuset dutch oven. A little pricey but unbeatable for soups, stews and sauce. If she doesn't have an immersion blender, that's also a good tool to have. A pasta maker with a couple nice rustic pasta bowls. Magazine subscriptions? Bon Appetit, Food and Wine?

Also, not sure if you still have time but I've gotten truffles from this place a ton and they're a hit. Lots of cool, odd flavors like ginger/wasabi, pumpkin seeds and chilis.

Luxury Chocolate Truffles, Gourmet Gifts & Specialty Recipes at Vosges Haut-Chocolat

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The thing is your gift needs to be thoughtful for her. I'm sure she spends more time than she'd like clean up for you and kids, preparing meals and what not. Why not get a full time maid? Not just someone who comes in once a week but a full time 24/7 maid.

I second that idea.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For cooking gifts, you can't beat a Le Creuset dutch oven. A little pricey but unbeatable for soups, stews and sauce. If she doesn't have an immersion blender, that's also a good tool to have. A pasta maker with a couple nice rustic pasta bowls. Magazine subscriptions? Bon Appetit, Food and Wine?

Also, not sure if you still have time but I've gotten truffles from this place a ton and they're a hit. Lots of cool, odd flavors like ginger/wasabi, pumpkin seeds and chilis.

Luxury Chocolate Truffles, Gourmet Gifts & Specialty Recipes at Vosges Haut-Chocolat
Love the dutch ovens. She found one that was apparently less expensive than Le Creuset but reportedly still very good--I think it may be Cuisinart--and used that as justification to buy two of them in different sizes. She just used one of them last night in fact. I don't know what an immersion blender is but will take a look.

I'll check out the truffles, thanks.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I love the dutch oven idea. But I'm afraid it would be looked at the way Marge looked at Homer's gift of a bowling ball.
With his name on it!

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Just ordered the 16 piece dark chocolate collection. Sounds great. Thanks again; this will be a hit.

ETA: @Deepster, just checked out the immersion blender and I think that might work, too. Two questions: (1) What do you mostly use it for? (2) Is there one you recommend?

Reaction Score
Do you have any pets? I had a portrait done of our dog (my wife has had him since he was a puppy). The portrait is super unique, colorful, a little quirky, but nice enough to hang up. Ours is hanging above our fireplace.

The great thing is I just sent her some photos, she didn't have to see our dog in person. Here is her yelp page. It wasn't cheap- I think it was about $250, but it was the best present I've gotten her.

I think it took her two weeks total, so you'd be cutting it close.

If you don't have pets, maybe you can find someone with a similar style (no need to meet in person) and have them do a portrait of you and your wife?

Reaction Score
I haven't been in a serious relationship for years. Sometimes I get the urge to get back into one and then I think about holiday shopping and just smile contently as I look at my bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom