OT : If you're a man and choose.... | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT : If you're a man and choose....

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I like dogs, but my former spouse was a major dog lover. We always had cats in the house, all of them acquired by her. They were mine as far as she was concerned. Then she'd bring home these mutts from nowhere and proceed to totally ignore them. Wouldn't let 'em in the house, God forbid, so they'd spend all their time outdoors, bored, lonely and totally untrained. Bored dogs like to chew on things, dig holes, run away, and create general mayhem in your yard. Guess who ended up having to deal with the tornado funnel of damage done? Then, after a couple of years these dogs would suddenly and surprisingly disappear. This is what she liked to refer to as "taking the dog for a long ride in the country". Later she had to get rid of a husky that ate her neighbor's cat. Huskies like to eat cats.

This is why I prefer cats. They sleep about 16-20 hours a day, are the cleanest animals known to mankind, and they will leave you alone most of the time. You can leave them unattended as long as they've got enough food and water, and they can be very affectionate, loving companions if you socialize and bond with them right from the start. I have had a lot of cats since I was a small child, and never once haven't been able to become friends with all of them. I will admit you have to know a lot about cats to fully understand their behavior and develop any kind of bond with them. If you're unwilling to make that effort, it won't happen.

Reaction Score
Huskies like to eat cats.

More so, Huskies like to BEAT cats.

NCAA7-tmagArticle.jpg

(Couldn't resist. It was right there.)

Reaction Score
I like dogs, but my former spouse was a major dog lover. We always had cats in the house, all of them acquired by her. They were mine as far as she was concerned. Then she'd bring home these mutts from nowhere and proceed to totally ignore them. Wouldn't let 'em in the house, God forbid, so they'd spend all their time outdoors, bored, lonely and totally untrained. Bored dogs like to chew on things, dig holes, run away, and create general mayhem in your yard. Guess who ended up having to deal with the tornado funnel of damage done? Then, after a couple of years these dogs would suddenly and surprisingly disappear. This is what she liked to refer to as "taking the dog for a long ride in the country". Later she had to get rid of a husky that ate her neighbor's cat. Huskies like to eat cats.

This is why I prefer cats. They sleep about 16-20 hours a day, are the cleanest animals known to mankind, and they will leave you alone most of the time. You can leave them unattended as long as they've got enough food and water, and they can be very affectionate, loving companions if you socialize and bond with them right from the start. I have had a lot of cats since I was a small child, and never once haven't been able to become friends with all of them. I will admit you have to know a lot about cats to fully understand their behavior and develop any kind of bond with them. If you're unwilling to make that effort, it won't happen.

I agree with a lot of that but there are definitely breeds that don't leave you alone. See Simaese.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
I agree with a lot of that but there are definitely breeds that don't leave you alone. See Simaese.

I have a Siamese and he's perfectly fine to leave alone, but I will agree there are some that are highly active and need some stimulation or they'll wreak havoc in your house. You'll come home to toilet paper unrolled and who knows what else? There are also some individual cats of other breeds that will be bored being alone for any extended lengths of time. Mine will only sleep more than he already does, which doesn't seem possible but he manages. You can leave the house for work in the a.m., come back 11 or 12 hours later and he's still sleeping in the exact same spot where he was when you left the house in the a.m., Admittedly this is unusual for many Siamese. I repeatedly tell him he should get off his lazy ass and get a job. The least he could do is star in a cat food commercial or something. He's a world class eater.

We once had a Siamese cat we named "Nipper". She was totally psychotic. Loved people, but that cat would bounce off the walls. A vet said the best thing to do would be to let her out, so we did. She became somewhat calmer inside, but was still pretty wild in the house. Once we took her on a halfway cross country trip by van to CT for Christmas. We asked the vet to give us tranquilizers, preferably a full dose Quaalude or something. Instead he misunderstood and gave us Dramamene for motion sickness. Imagine being with this cat for 32 straight hours in a van. It was not a barrel of laughs. Cat had also never seen snow in her life, and wanted no part of it. A friend of ours would spend hours playing with that cat, to the point he'd have blood flowing out of bites and scratches on his hands. He had some of the toughest skin I've ever seen on a person...didn't hurt him at all. That cat loved to play and he loved to play with her. Unfortunately Nipper didn't last too long. She ate something outside that poisoned her to death when she was only two or three years old.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
More so, Huskies like to BEAT cats.

NCAA7-tmagArticle.jpg

(Couldn't resist. It was right there.)

I set you up for that one, Bugsy. I knew somebody would hit on that comment. That's a great pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom