OT : If you're a man and choose.... | The Boneyard

OT : If you're a man and choose....

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
..... To own a cat, what is wrong with you?

Let's discuss.

Full disclosure. My wife got my daughter a kitten a couple years ago, much to my protestations. I relented because I have soft spot for my daughter. But I was right. The thing sucks; hard. 2 years of feeding that thing and it still runs like hell when I enter the room like I'm grim death. No value here.

Reaction Score

Let's discuss.

Full disclosure. My wife got my daughter a kitten a couple years ago, much to my protestations. I relented because I have soft spot for my daughter. But I was right. The thing sucks; hard. 2 years of feeding that thing and it still runs like hell when I enter the room like I'm grim death. No value here.
@Robertelamin!!! @Robertelamin!!! @Robertelamin!!!

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

Let's discuss.

Running like hell from you is a sign of intelligence.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Let's discuss.

image-jpeg.12252

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Seems like a pretty discerning animal to me.

Reaction Score
"Only good cat....is a dead cat"

Haha, actually we owned a cat for a lot of years. Never that friendly and killed son's gerbil. But would do its thing.

Have had zero interest to get another one. Have a couple dogs now, they have their issues too.

Let's discuss.

Reaction Score
When my Millie died a few years ago (avatar pic) I knew I'd never replace her...awesome dog. But then a few cats came into my life, my daughter picked up some stray kittens from the Trinity College campus and another rescue from NYC. Great cats, super friendly, love people, low maintenance, funny vocal, warm, fuzzy. And I don't have to take them outside to poop when it's 12 degrees and sleeting. What's not to like?
Img_4462.jpg

Reaction Score
My daughter had two cats. She moved and only could keep one. My wife (without my consent) agreed to take one.

I'm now stuck with a cat who follows me around everywhere, ignoring my wife. Went away for several days she peed on the bed.

Can't walk the cat, can't talk to it, can't take it outside, can't teach it to do anything, can't pick it up (without getting clawed), and worst of all it wakes us up in the morning meowing like hell (at 5am!).

Cats are great for the cities and other places that may have mice, other than that what the hell are they good for?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Well the biggest advantage is you never have to take it out of the house and you don't need a big space
Yeah but if you leave it in the house you live with a litter box the rest of its life! I suggest turning it into an outdoor cat. Car, coyote, or other mishaps? Oh well

Reaction Score
Yeah but if you leave it in the house you live with a litter box the rest of its life! I suggest turning it into an outdoor cat. Car, coyote, or other mishaps? Oh well
My ex-wife's cat (mother to my cat) was torn apart and killed by a coyote a few months ago in Simsbury. So if you like that sort of thing go for it. It was an awful heartbreaking thing..

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Great point. Don't get me started on the litter box that daughter never empties. Gross. What a beat down this thing is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was skeptical 2 years ago when my wife wanted to get a cat, to ease the difficulty of starting a new work-from-home arrangement. I had never had a pet, didn't want to deal with the effort or have fur everywhere.

Oh my God was I wrong -- we got the best duck*ing kitty.

Super low maintenance -- leave some food in the bowl twice a day, maybe change water, clean the litter box once a day (also super easy since we got a fancy one that has a roof and you just tip it over to collect the goods) and you're good. Super affectionate when she wants attention, not terribly needy. A bit shy but is warming up to people. And playful in an amusing way.

Your wife/daughter chose poorly.

P.S. We got our cat as an adult (almost 7 years old at the time, now just turned 9), and is indoor only. Would survive maybe 10 minutes outside.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
My daughter had two cats. She moved and only could keep one. My wife (without my consent) agreed to take one.

I'm now stuck with a cat who follows me around everywhere, ignoring my wife. Went away for several days she peed on the bed.

Can't walk the cat, can't talk to it, can't take it outside, can't teach it to do anything, can't pick it up (without getting clawed), and worst of all it wakes us up in the morning meowing like hell (at 5am!).

Cats are great for the cities and other places that may have mice, other than that what the hell are they good for?

You just made me realize something . My dog is about to turn 11. Hes got 2 years left maybe . My daughter about to be a junior in high school. She's going to college. The cat probably has a good 16 years left.

In 2 years im going to be stuck in a house alone. with only a cat and a wife who both hate me. ( Well my wife only hates me most of the time, cat is a full time hater )

Reaction Score
Yeah maybe. You got any advice how to remedy that?

As a 1-time cat buyer, I think getting an adult cat who already has a well-determined personality is a lower risk -- you'll know what the cat is like when you're picking it out. We went to the shelter and we could tell our cat was a winner.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah maybe. You got any advice how to remedy that?
I think you're screwed. I read that a cat is what it is after 10 weeks. Maybe you could play with it using one of those sticks with something dangling at the end. Do that for a minute then give it a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom