OT: I lost my FIRST best friend tonight.... | The Boneyard

OT: I lost my FIRST best friend tonight....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
My mother, Etta Ruth Kenney, passed away tonight. She was 82.

She was a HUGE Husky fan and as I posted in another thread, was the one who got me be a huge fan as well. Of all the young ladies that passed through UConn there are only 2 that she loved. Jen Rizzotti and Shea Ralph. She once told me that she always wished that she could just like them. I wanted to see if they could come and visit her, but she faded too fast for me to get the chance to call them.

Every time I went to visit her, I would tell her the lastest news from the Boneyard and would talk about the up coming season. That always seemed to lift her spirits.

I am thankful to God that she passed quietly, without pain, surrounded by most of her family (my 2 sisters are in transit but know the she is gone). I am also thankful that I arrived with my dad 5 minutes for her passing. I believe she was waiting for my Dad to get there before going HOME.

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts over the past few months and I ask that you continue to pray for my father, who lost his life partner of 67 years (62 married) as he is having a real difficult time accepting her death.

Reaction Score
When my mother was dying, I had the opportunity to take her into the California sunshine and tell her that wherever she was going, she'd always be right there in my head as she always had been...and I was right...we've never been closer...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So sorry to hear that buddy. Prayers and condolences...

Reaction Score
So sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your Dad and your whole family in my prayers.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
condolences... cherish the wonderful memories

Reaction Score
I am extremely saddened to hear this and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Reaction Score
So sorry for your loss. Will keep you and your family in my prayers

Reaction Score
Condolences. All losses can be difficult, but especially the loss of a mother. Best wishes.

Reaction Score
May God the Father, receive your mother into his 'Eternal Reward'. It's our mothers who see us first at birth & introduce us to our fathers.

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family for peace and comfort and may many good memories keep your mother close to your heart.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
God Bless you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Sincere condolences.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
AB, your story about your mom is so similar to the story of my dad and me...He made me watch the Husky games with him and as such I became a huge fan. His favorite players were Jamelle Elliott and Sue Bird, in fact, he always referred to Jamelle as "my daughter Jamelle". What the heck? I was happy to have another sister....

anyway, I am so sorry that your mom is gone. I know of no words that can ease the loss, but I do know that the memories will sustain you. My heartfelt sympathies go to you and especially to your dad. God bless him, and I wish him peace.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I feel your pain ABachelor- My Mom lived for the UConn Women and the NY Yankees. After she passed in June of 2010, I would catch myself calling her after hearing big news on a recruiting win, or during the games I would dial her all the time, to no avail. Old "Great" habits die hard.
It is such a void. Good Luck and it sounds like you were fortunate, like I was to have so many wonderful years with her! God Bless!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm very sorry for your loss. The loss of a parent is always hard, and the loss of a mother is the hardest. I'll pray for you and your dad.

Psalm 71:20-21

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Sympathy to you. An amazing long married life; my wife's parents recently reached their 64th wedding anniversary, and her grandparents reached past 70. A blessing they had each other for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom