OT I Guess - Shout out to mauconnfan | The Boneyard

OT I Guess - Shout out to mauconnfan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nevermind me, if you guys don't go out and buy "cohenzone's" Crocodile Mothers Eat Their Young then you're missing the Boneyard boat! "cohenzone" is a great guy and he has put together a book we as Byers should all be proud of and supportive of as UConn fans.

Get on line and support the BY faithful!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
But he likes the MFY's. ;)

They may be the MFY, but they're my MFY. May the curse be revived. Sorta was last year, except the curse seems to have spread faster than ebola.
Nevermind me, if you guys don't go out and buy "cohenzone's" Crocodile Mothers Eat Their Young then you're missing the Boneyard boat! "cohenzone" is a great guy and he has put together a book we as Byers should all be proud of and supportive of as UConn fans.

Get on line and support the BY faithful!

If only I could double those 6000 likes with one stroke of the keyboard.
Hey, I had my first copy sold from a real-live, open-a- door-and-you-see-bookshelves bookstore.

Reaction Score
With one exception. Which I let slide.

Excuse me,but he's definitely on the right side with that one in the Bronx. I got his back on this one!:)

Reaction Score
Met him him for the first time the other night. No wonder he has so many likes. Great guy and roots for all the right teams.
So how much did he have to pay you to say that?

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Red Sox fans are just a sad group of people :(

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yankee fans have a sense of humor. One of the main characters in my book is my alter ego and I made him a Bosux fan. BTW, my parents were big Sox fans. But The Mick was the man when I was a kid in Hartford, the Mason-Dixon line of Boston/Yankee fans. But I loved the Celts, whom I've since divorced along with everything else NBA except ex-Huskies and the later playoff rounds.

MAU, YOU DA MAN. (I have to reclaim my thread but mau is da man).

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Damn I thought you were a NY Ranger fan too nomar? ;)

I am, but I'm a pretty weak fan. I was a huge Rangers fan in the late 80s through the mid 90s but I never got back into it after the lockout.

I know I'm not the only Sox/Celtics/Giants/Rangers fan on this board. Only in CT!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I am, but I'm a pretty weak fan. I was a huge Rangers fan in the late 80s through the mid 90s but I never got back into it after the lockout.

I know I'm not the only Sox/Celtics/Giants/Rangers fan on this board. Only in CT!

That's an acceptable roster except for that first one. The best bumper sticker in world history was after the Sux won their first in a bazillion years. "Nobody beats us 87 years in a row."

Reaction Score

So many good choices to be ruined by one bad one as a child. Too bad because other than that I really think you're a good dude!;)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
So many good choices to be ruined by one bad one as a child. Too bad because other than that I really think you're a good dude!;)

That's like a UCLA fan feeling bad for a UConn fan!

Reaction Score
nomar said:
I am, but I'm a pretty weak fan. I was a huge Rangers fan in the late 80s through the mid 90s but I never got back into it after the lockout. I know I'm not the only Sox/Celtics/Giants/Rangers fan on this board. Only in CT!

(Raises hand)

Reaction Score
That's an acceptable roster except for that first one. The best bumper sticker in world history was after the Sux won their first in a bazillion years. "Nobody beats us 87 years in a row."
I'm not a huge baseball fan, and it gets less attention every year for me, but when I was a lad, the best 2 athletes in the neighborhood were always the Yankees, and the Celtics, and the Giants in our backyard games. In spite of that I did follow the Celts and Giants. But having been born in Brooklyn when the Dodgers actually still played there meant I'd never be a Yankee fan. I gave up the Celts and Giants too along the way. Uconn baby, just win.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'm not a huge baseball fan, and it gets less attention every year for me, but when I was a lad, the best 2 athletes in the neighborhood were always the Yankees, and the Celtics, and the Giants in our backyard games. In spite of that I did follow the Celts and Giants. But having been born in Brooklyn when the Dodgers actually still played there meant I'd never be a Yankee fan. I gave up the Celts and Giants too along the way. Uconn baby, just win.

I had the best of both worlds in the early 50s when I became baseball aware. I was a Yankee/Dodger fan. That could happen in CT. But I was more of a Yankee fan, so I was much more satisfied at WS time, but didn't cry too much when Da Bums broke through. I never got to Ebbets. I did get to the old Polo Grounds a couple of times. I went to the old Yankee Stadium a number of times and got to see The Mick hit several home runs. I never got to see Whitey in person.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I feel like the first BY'er to meet me in person will either punch me in the face, or it'll be a person I know in real life but didn't know he was a BY'er :eek:

I've actually encountered another BYer on a totally different kind of board. non-sports. I was touting my novel there as I did here and they were as surprised as I to find another BYer there. I use a different name there: Fishymauconnfan :).

I go to a decent number of UConn events. I occasionally post on the Cesspool on the BY, not as often as I used to. There are a few guys there who don't see eye to eye with me, which is fine, but a couple of those I'm convinced are complete ***holes (they probably think likewise) and I always wonder if those are some of the guys near me I'm slapping five with at the games. I've only put one BYer on "ignore" and that is someone I'd be disappointed to find isn't an actual tool because there was never anything the least redeeming in anything they ever wrote. By the way, message me your picture so I can decide whether or not to coldcock you if I run into you. You can easily identify me, I am actually the woman in mau's avatar before my operation. "Commercial alert, " you can see exactly what I look like by going to my book website or to my page on Amazon and look at the back cover of the book.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
See when I think of mauconnfan's name, I always thought of it as "Mau" - Connfan. As in Mao Zedong. So I associated mauconnfan with things like rape, pillage, coup d'etat's , various iterations of communism, and various types of Chinese cuisine.

Until only recently did I figure out that it stands for MA, as in Massachusetts, UConnFan. It makes more sense that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom