OT - How Calipari Lost His Way | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - How Calipari Lost His Way

Reaction Score
Sure…but this mindset seems to indicate he doesn’t care about winning, only about getting top recruits so they can get to the NBA. What’s the point of having a coach build a team if he isn’t trying to win? It’s the equivalent of the US putting the dream team out there in the Olympics with no intention of winning, but just to showcase how good our individual stars are. If I were a UK fan and my coach was saying some of what he says I’d be pretty pissed.

Maybe he was a decent coach back in the 90’s, but if you’re landing 5 of the top 15 recruits year after year and you aren’t getting to the elite 8 or final 4 every year then you’re failing as a coach. That’s just my opinion.

No doubt he’s failing in his game plan the past few years. And it’s on him but he can coach and he did. I believe he’s still trying to but these kids aren’t buying into UK like our kids are buying in to Dan and the program. Hard to coach kids with their eyes on the next year being elsewhere. But being a good coach at one point I’m amazed he hasn’t thrown out the one and done plan. That’s on him!

Reaction Score
No doubt he’s failing in his game plan the past few years. And it’s on him but he can coach and he did. I believe he’s still trying to but these kids aren’t buying into UK like our kids are buying in to Dan and the program. Hard to coach kids with their eyes on the next year being elsewhere. But being a good coach at one point I’m amazed he hasn’t thrown out the one and done plan. That’s on him!
He sucks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom