OT - Here Are the Most Popular Liquors in Every State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Here Are the Most Popular Liquors in Every State

Reaction Score
Loved Sambuca when younger (a couple years ago LOL) , slippery nipples floating the bailey's on top. Used to drink tons of them imagine the damn sugar then? Now I would get a hangover after one then nothing. Actually I do like the occasional Sambuca-Baileys/Coffee on the cooler mornings for golf. The Romana is the only one and the Black Sambuca Romana was nice too with less bite.

MMMMMM..
And it kills what ails you too! A shot before bed when sick will speed the demise of the invaders.

Reaction Score
And it kills what ails you too! A shot before bed when sick will speed the demise of the invaders.

Really? Hmmmm always heard the Leroux Blackberry Brandy Szenuchka (sp?) was great for colds, fevers etc..... have to try that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sambuca FTW!!!
Loved Sambuca when younger (a couple years ago LOL) , slippery nipples floating the bailey's on top. Used to drink tons of them imagine the damn sugar then? Now I would get a hangover after one then nothing. Actually I do like the occasional Sambuca-Baileys/Coffee on the cooler mornings for golf. The Romana is the only one and the Black Sambuca Romana was nice too with less bite.

MMMMMM..

Isn't Sambuca the black liquorice stuff?

I couldn't imagine that and Bailey's together.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Try it you may like it, at the very least you can say you had a slippery nipple.

I've tried some truly awful combos to get the "Been there, done that" T-shirt including some sort of citrus and Bailey's you shot together and swirled around to curdle the milk called a cement mixer.

I've done Sambuca over in Greece and a few other places. I'm not mixing Sambuca and Baileys.

Reaction Score
I've tried some truly awful combos to get the "Been there, done that" T-shirt including some sort of citrus and Bailey's you shot together and swirled around to curdle the milk called a cement mixer.

I've done Sambuca over in Greece and a few other places. I'm not mixing Sambuca and Baileys.

Chin, I promise you come back to me and say "wow I'm surprised". Grab a shot glass pour the sambuca in, then slow pour (or use a cherry/spoon) the Baileys so it floats on top - basically 2/3 to 1/3. Then throw it back, it will probably turn into one of your all time favorites. C'mon it's a must and I want feedback.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Really? Hmmmm always heard the Leroux Blackberry Brandy Szenuchka (sp?) was great for colds, fevers etc..... have to try that.
The stuff is better than Pepto for settling your stomach after a tailgate. Standard equipment for a FB game.

Reaction Score
Yes. Along with the alcohol, it contains elderberry. The black Sambuca has even more elderberry. One of the brands, Opal Nera, says it also contains elder flowers.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

MMMMMM..
Yes, Black Romana is the best.

Find it hard to believe Jameson is not #1 in Massachusetts. The consumption in Southie alone should do that.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Isn't Sambuca the black liquorice stuff?

I couldn't imagine that and Bailey's together.

Try it you may like it, at the very least you can say you had a slippery nipple.

Mix it with root beer, tastes like a black jellybean. Actually we call it a Black Jellybean.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Chin, I promise you come back to me and say "wow I'm surprised". Grab a shot glass pour the sambuca in, then slow pour (or use a cherry/spoon) the Baileys so it floats on top - basically 2/3 to 1/3. Then throw it back, it will probably turn into one of your all time favorites. C'mon it's a must and I want feedback.

Or try the old chocolate cake shot. 50/50 vodka and frangelico. Coat a lemon with sugar, bit the lemon, leave the juice in your mouth and take the shot. Chocolate cake. No lie. Cleaned out all the Frangelico at a Mexican resort one night after i showed the bartender the concoction.

Now im on that Red Breast.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you like Red Breast, check out Green Spot. It's a few bucks more but I like it even better.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
If you like Red Breast, check out Green Spot. It's a few bucks more but I like it even better.

I was looking for it at my local packy a couple weeks ago, no dice. Ended up with some Glendolough 7 year instead. Not a great choice, its a bit "mediciney". I just spotted a bottle of Green Spot at Harvest in WH though. As soon as i get through that Glendolough ill be heading for the Green Spot. They had the yellow spot as well but for $100 ill hold off until my money tree starts sprouting again.

I think it was only $60. Red Breast goes for $70 at my local.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was looking for it at my local packy a couple weeks ago, no dice. Ended up with some Glendolough 7 year instead. Not a great choice, its a bit "mediciney". I just spotted a bottle of Green Spot at Harvest in WH though. As soon as i get through that Glendolough ill be heading for the Green Spot. They had the yellow spot as well but for $100 ill hold off until my money tree starts sprouting again.

I think it was only $60. Red Breast goes for $70 at my local.
Red Breast 12 year (the one I drink) should be in the low to mid $40s; Green Spot is usually in the high $40s to low $50s.

I haven't ponied up for Yellow Spot either and doubt I ever will. I tasted it in Ireland last summer, along with some excellent Middleton, but both are more than I would generally spend for a bottle to drink at home.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Red Breast 12 year (the one I drink) should be in the low to mid $40s; Green Spot is usually in the high $40s to low $50s.

I haven't ponied up for Yellow Spot either and doubt I ever will. I tasted it in Ireland last summer, along with some excellent Middleton, but both are more than I would generally spend for a bottle to drink at home.

Im a have to shop around. Or slap someone at my local. Im getting taken to the cleaners!

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Fireball calls itself cinnamon whiskey... Aftershock was a shnapps... a bit more sugar in Aftershock is my guess, basically the same stuff as Goldshlager. Fireball has been around forever... at least they had it when I was in college (1998). Just no where near as popular.

I can't drink any of it anymore... hehe.. instant headache.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

No promises. Maybe this weekend at a bar.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Or try the old chocolate cake shot. 50/50 vodka and frangelico. Coat a lemon with sugar, bit the lemon, leave the juice in your mouth and take the shot. Chocolate cake. No lie. Cleaned out all the Frangelico at a Mexican resort one night after i showed the bartender the concoction.

Yep, always gotta have a bottle on hand. Best I've tried. But I guess I'll have to find some Green or Yellow Spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom