OT: Hartford Baseball | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Hartford Baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Said this in a different thread on this topic... Choppers and Whirly Birds are both pretty bad. If they wanted to go the helicopter route they should have used Blackhawks.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
skybox-goofball-card.jpg

Reaction Score
Choppers isn't too bad, even if the link to the state is a bit attenuated. Hartford Colts was a good suggestion, although I imagine the team (for a variety of legal and non-legal reasons) would be reluctant to have any kind of direct tie-in with a CT company, especially a gun manufacturer.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Choppers just sounds the least bizarre. The others give me no confidence that the people who submitted them were sober.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I submitted The Hartford Twainiacs.

I guess that was too smartish of an option.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
On the baseball board I stated that a fusion of the Colorado Rockies and Hartford should yield:

the Hartford Mile High Hookers

Reaction Score
Can you think of a worse listing of possible names?

Hedgehogs
Honey Badgers
Hound Dogs
Blue Frogs
Choppers
Praying Mantis
River Hogs
Screech Owls
Whirlybirds
Yard Goats

I would hate to see what the other 5990 options were that had been discarded for these ten.
The Hartford Segarra's, a tribute to the mayor who brokered this deal and set in motion an economic recovery for Hartford.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Announcer: "At First Sack, Dick Triballus....at 2nd sack, Harry Jewels and at 3rd sack Pat MeGroin"

In MVP Baseball 2005's Dynasty Mode, the default rosters featured one "Dick Smallenberg" on the Yankees' AA team. Would be perfect with this crew.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We are down to the hedgehogs, praying mantis, River hogs, whirlybirds and yard goats.

Let's go #TeamYardGoats
They are all stupid imo, but I have to admit that Yard Goats is so silly that it's growing on me.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They are all stupid imo, but I have to admit that Yard Goats is so silly that it's growing on me.

I thought yard goats was the stupidest of the all the stupid names on the original list so I figured hey, if we are gonna go with a stupid name, let's go as stupid as possible. I think everyone voting for yard goats, except the person who submitted the name, probably felt the same.

Reaction Score
How in the world does Praying Mantis make the cut? Im down with the Goat tho
We'll name the team after the nickname for the greatest American muscle car. Makes about as much sense for hartford as naming it after a railroad engine.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
We'll name the team after the nickname for the greatest American muscle car. Makes about as much sense for hartford as naming it after a railroad engine.

Don't make fun of Hartford's illustrious railroad history! (Other than the fact that we have a useless train station I didn't know we had a history in railroad.)

Reaction Score
Choppers is the best name I've heard. Is there any local significance to Yard Goats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom