OT: Harford scene biggest joke ever? | The Boneyard

OT: Harford scene biggest joke ever?

Reaction Score
Did you notice what the crowds were like in Orlando last year? It has nothing to do with Hartford. They might as well play this tournament on the moon. Nobody cares.

This but also I don't think Hartford is really a selling point to out of state fans, it's great to bring in business for the state

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
This but also I don't think Hartford is really a selling point to out of state fans, it's great to bring in business for the state

Yes, at least Hartford put forth the effort to get it. When you can't even entice fans to visit Orlando for it in March, the venues are not the problem.

Reaction Score
It's not so much Hartford as it is the fact that this makeshift conference has too few established rivalries between non P5 schools that are 10 states away.

Reaction Score
This has nothing to do with Hartford and all to do with The AAC conference. We had a group of 10 people go down to Memphis for AAC tourney. After Uconn beat Memphis in the first round , there was nobody at the games. We paid $5 per ticket for semis and finals. The only reason we paid that much, is that we actually felt bad for the scalpers. We could have gotten them for less.
The AAC tourney will NEVER draw well, with teams from all over the country with no history tied to theses teams.

Reaction Score
This has nothing to do with Hartford and all to do with The AAC conference. We had a group of 10 people go down to Memphis for AAC tourney. After Uconn beat Memphis in the first round , there was nobody at the games. We paid $5 per ticket for semis and finals. The only reason we paid that much, is that we actually felt bad for the scalpers. We could have gotten them for less.
The AAC tourney will NEVER draw well, with teams from all over the country with no history tied to theses teams.

Wtf would u feel bad for someone whose job it is to screw u over by selling u tickets for greater than they were purchased?

And ur right, the tourney probably won't sell well no matter what. This is a tournament of undesirables, it's like that weird table from the wedding singer

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe, but Hartford is a joke anytime of the year, let alone March. Do @ NOLA or Memphis. Party cities.

It's not so much Hartford as it is the fact that this makeshift conference has too few established rivalries between non P5 schools that are 10 states away.

Reaction Score
The B1G tourney crowds are pretty weak too... I know the AAC is not much of a draw and the obvious instant death of Hartford scares some away, but it seems that the college basketball crowd as a whole is diminishing. Am I wrong in this belief?

Reaction Score
Maybe, but Hartford is a joke anytime of the year, let alone March. Do @ NOLA or Memphis. Party cities.
Comparing Hartford to NOLA. Might as well compare the Wolfpack to the Bruins. Trolling donkey

Reaction Score
When people say they want out of the conference, here is a prime example of how I understand them...Memphis and Orlando were the same. Not many people care about a random mish mosh of teams with no history and all the travel a lot of these teams have to make is just awful.

Reaction Score
This is exactly what the aac tourney attendance looked like In 2015. There's just no interest in this conference.

Reaction Score
Troll? Tulane is a conference team.

UConn is playing and if ther are 3-4K people there I'd be suprisied.

Comparing Hartford to NOLA. Might as well compare the Wolfpack to the Bruins. Trolling donkey

Reaction Score
The B1G tourney crowds are pretty weak too... I know the AAC is not much of a draw and the obvious instant death of Hartford scares some away, but it seems that the college basketball crowd as a whole is diminishing. Am I wrong in this belief?

This is college sports in general. Only a handful of schools are drawing well with lackluster squads.

Reaction Score
How were home game crowds for UNC when they were down for those 2 years? Or UCLA for their few down years? Just curious.

Reaction Score
AS the game went on the crowd got bigger. It was like a football crowd. By the second half it looked pretty good.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
You can have a lot of fun in Hartford if you're willing to do unconventional things.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom