OT: Harford scene biggest joke ever? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Harford scene biggest joke ever?

Reaction Score
Who will travel into Hartford go watch bad minor league baseball affiliated with a team 2,000 miles away.

Only winners are police & spiking OT for the non-event event and busway drivers driving empty buses.

I think it is Yard Goats. What a disaster that has been so far with the stadium. I hope they do well with the investment but many do not.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Who will travel into Hartford go watch bad minor league baseball affiliated with a team 2,000 miles away.

Only winners are police & spiking OT for the non-event event and busway drivers driving empty buses.

I will and have been planning to do so for over a year...

Reaction Score

I will go to Hartford to watch baseball, hockey and basketball. And I happen to love cops and firemen, especially firemen. (I'm married to one). What do you do for a living, JSM??

Reaction Score
The problems with the AAC tournament are even more evident considering that the old Big East tournament, at MSG, was the best conference tournament.

Reaction Score
Get real, it's Gooberland. Mayberry meets Deliverance.

Arts & Culture

Christ at least pretend to be objective - Chapel Hill is always well spoken of as a college town and it pretty great - it's better than Storrs. It's also better that almost every other college town in the country.

Reaction Score
They will get huge OT because they will staff it at capacity levels even though 10-15% of it will be filled.

Based on the latest state budget it seems like all taxpayers are funding that thing and only winners are Hartford workers getting OT.

It won't have any economic impact. It will run at a huge loss.

I will go to Hartford to watch baseball, hockey and basketball. And I happen to love cops and firemen, especially firemen. (I'm married to one). What do you do for a living, JSM??

Reaction Score
Downtown Hartford and the Front Street area has improved vastly over the past ten years. You have the Bushnell, Infinity Music Hall ,River Front Plaza, the Science Center, Wadsworth Atheneum and plenty of good dining. Most people who criticize it are not aware of all it has to offer. Or like some have their own personal issues and are afraid of some diversity.

Reaction Score

You are always so upbeat and positive. You must be real fun to hang out with. Friggin whiner. I'm starting to wonder if you are my first wife.

Reaction Score
They will get huge OT because they will staff it at capacity levels even though 10-15% of it will be filled.

Based on the latest state budget it seems like all taxpayers are funding that thing and only winners are Hartford workers getting OT.

It won't have any economic impact. It will run at a huge loss.
Bend over dude. They're coming to get you.

Reaction Score
I wish they would change the format of this tourney. I hate the late Sunday finish (for the final). Wish they would pick to end the regular season a few days early and start on a Tuesday for the first round, Wednesday for the quarters, day off and finish off on a Friday and Saturday for the final. I dislike these 4 days straight leading up to a sunday finals. I think that can sometimes hurt a team and it hurt Uconns seeding IMO when they won late sunday and still got a 9. I think the committee just said, screw Uconn is a 9 before the game even ended because the aacT was cutting it so close.

Is it some set in stone rule that this tourney has to go 4 days in a row and has to end on a sunday? I dunno, maybe I am in the minority. But lots of smaller conferences have days off in between rounds.

Reaction Score
JSM is unbelievable! What will happen first - UConn women getting to 600 wins in a row or JSM getting to 600 likes?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
@JSM1970

Maybe people would take your opinions on things you dislike more seriously if you didn't say that everyone and everything sucks. It kind of takes away any meaning.

Reaction Score
JSM enjoys being a miserable tw@+. It's the only thing he has in this life. Just humor him.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Such as?

Eating at Golden Krust while watching the Latin Kings fight Los Solidos then finding a 57 year old prositute with whom you share a cone of McDonald's ice cream whilst working out the details of your encounter which will take place on the bench at the XL Center in the chair next to Mick Cronin.

Reaction Score
The problems with the AAC tournament are even more evident considering that the old Big East tournament, at MSG, was the best conference tournament.

Semifinals sold out last night. Still the best tournament.

Reaction Score
Just switched on from SEC game. It's a joke again. The place is empty.

Reaction Score
Trinity is ahead of Plattsburgh State in the first round of the D3 hockey tournament, 2-0. Pathetic Hartford. Nice crowd, too. Plenty of people from beautiful Plattsburgh here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom