OT: Hard Rock Hartford | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Hard Rock Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Guess the movie

I'm sorry, but it was necessary. As for our problem with Providence - let's not cry over some spilled guineas.
just watched it two nights ago.

"The principles of detection tell me these two gentlemen came from Providence."

Reaction Score
Is the Thomas Hooker brewery still a possibility? No, I haven't read any links above. The brewery could get people in, or have game fans stay longer while in the City. It's something.

It's actually an issue regarding Hooker's ability to own the building and real estate. They want to buy the property but now Centerplan owns the whole DoNo area, minus the ballpark, which is owned by the stadium authority. Either Centerplan will have to agree to sell the brewery property to Hooker or Hooker will have to accept being a tenant for that component of this to get worked out.

Reaction Score
CTDpmTYUkAAdJbh.jpg

Found this too.

Reaction Score
just watched it two nights ago.

"The principles of detection tell me these two gentlemen came from Providence."

Smart, Colin. Guineas from the north and down Providence try to tell me what to do. And, uh, something maybe happen to them. Maybe, uh, like that.

Reaction Score
Obviously that is to Providences advantage, sure. Never intimated it wasn't. Was simply replying to a guy who called providence a "mall that sets water on fire" and tried to say that Hartford had better options. It doesnt. If you want to say "well thats because Providence has colleges and Hartford doesnt" yeah, I agree.

But like my hero says:
7bf122f1fe3873e51f97cb3ed0927957.jpg

Maybe he can start a show called "city rescue" :)

But seriously, I do think Hartford is making strides, Its good to see. I am totally rooting for it.

My only goal was to point out that Hartford has had decades of failed planning that handcuff the city's ability to develop itself.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My only goal was to point out that Hartford has had decades of failed planning that handcuff the city's ability to develop itself.

As corrupt as RI/Politicians are, CT outpace them in a race to the bottom by sheer incompetence.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
If you haven't been to the new Connecticut Science Center or the Hartford Stage lately, you're missing out. Both are very special.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you haven't been to the new Connecticut Science Center or the Hartford Stage lately, you're missing out. Both are very special.
I remember going to Hartford Stage back in the 1970's. It's amazing how far they have come. TheaterWorks is also highly under rated. It would be the best local theater in most smaller cities. Throw in the touring Broadway shows that play at the Bushnell. It's a very high end theater scene.

Reaction Score

This. The Lady Bruce and I nearly chose the CSC for our wedding venue, and would have if we didn't both have such annoyingly large families.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This. The Lady Bruce and I nearly chose the CSC for our wedding venue, and would have if we didn't both have such annoyingly large families.

Your first name isn't Robert perchance, Sir?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Have you actually set foot in the city of Providence? I can't imagine you have. That comparison is ridiculous.

I can't tell where this comes from, if it's saying Providence is good or bad. But I don't regret Ignoring whoever it was that pushed your button.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Exactly. Hartford is 18 square miles. It's tiny in comparison to some cities close to Hartford in MSA population rankings. Louisville is 399 square miles. Indianapolis is 372 square miles. If Hartford were that size and including most of the surrounding suburbs, it would also have a population of 500-700 thousand or so.

In addition to completed perimeter highways, Indianapolis & Louisville reincorporated essentially along county lines in order to increase size & population, consolidate services, develop a shared identity and fuel their growth. The only place in CT that's ever done anything like that is Stamford, and in its own way it has succeeded in ways that the once 'big 3' haven't. Oddly, Bridgeport was a 19th Century breakaway from Fairfield, with Black Rock making a dubious choice to follow a bit later on.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It's a little thing, perhaps, in the overall picture, but Hartford Stage is perhaps the best regional theatre in the country right now. They produced a show in 2012 that won the Tony Award for best musical on Broadway the following year, their artistic director is one of the top 2 or 3 Shakespeare directors in the world, and their reputation is outsized enough to bring Kevin Bacon here to sell out a month of Rear Window tickets on its way to Broadway next year. This isn't Bushnell stuff (no disrespect), this is work created and produced in Hartford. The only other cities producing theatre of this quality have populations of 5-million plus.

Might be true, but I haven't exhausted New Haven yet

APA

Reaction Score
I can't tell where this comes from, if it's saying Providence is good or bad. But I don't regret Ignoring whoever it was that pushed your button.
Providence is light years ahead of Hartford. They were similar 30 years ago. Not today.

Reaction Score
sledog said:
Whose guitars will be on the walls? Flamin Freddie and the Fartmatics?

We've got Peter Tork and some of the guys from Toto.

(Sounds like a lyric in an Adam Sandler Hannukah song).

Reaction Score
Yeah, God help any Portland Sea Dog fans that show up.
I was pleasantly surprised to see Portland will be down for three series this year. Most of the top Red Sox prospects played in A ball last year and there's a good chance Yoan Moncada, Benintendi etc.. play in Portland this year. For us Sox fans, the Goats eliminate the need to go all the way up to Portland. So we got that going for us, which is nice!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Whose guitars will be on the walls? Flamin Freddie and the Fartmatics?
Al Anderson. Toto guys. @August_West, Michael Bolton, Gary Burr, Gene Pitney, Mark McGrath, Daryl Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom