OT: Hard Rock Hartford | The Boneyard

OT: Hard Rock Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
“The glowing iconic guitar of the Hard Rock brand lighting up downtown Hartford will be a symbol to all residents and visitors that Connecticut’s Capital City is a primary destination.”

Yep, that'll do it.

Reaction Score
“The glowing iconic guitar of the Hard Rock brand lighting up downtown Hartford will be a symbol to all residents and visitors that Connecticut’s Capital City is a primary destination.”

Except when the lights are off and the place is closed at 9 pm on a Sunday night because there's no one downtown at that time. LOL. Maybe we'll get a Planet Hollywood next.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Except when the lights are off and the place is closed at 9 pm on a Sunday night because there's no one downtown at that time. LOL. Maybe we'll get a Planet Hollywood next.

Sunday? more like 6 pm. haha

Feel the beat of Hartford.

They should bring back that commerical

August_West

Reaction Score
Well that is exciting news. Didn't realize the Yard Goats are that big a draw. Now I will temper my excitement until it actually opens and some signed August West memorabilia is on display

Hard Rock doesnt get my warez, brah. Too corporate. :)

But I have a story about signing. Let me preface this by saying nobody in their right mind wants my signature. It raises all kinds of red flags that tell me to run like hell if someone asks just solely me. Usually it is signing show posters, and that only happens as a group thing when I get to play with some people who actually made a mark in the music industry. (Ive been lucky enough to play with some well known musicians over the years), but on my own Im less than nobody in this business. So anyway, on the times when I do actually play with real pros, people will want the whole band to sign show posters. But really its about whoever the most famous guy in the band is the rest of us are just along for the ride (and sign).

With that out of the way, one of the cooler moments of my life involved my parents and a signing. I was playing with some members of Bob Dylan's and Mike Gordons(Phish) bands at a place in Providence. My parents dont come to many shows anymore, but my father is a huge Dylan freak and they made the trek to providence for this one. They stayed the whole night (which for 71 year olds at the time and in another state) which was pretty impressive. Anyway after the show was done I went to go talk to them before they left and as I was walking over, 4 people stopped me and asked me to sign posters. I looked over at my parents just to say "one sec" and they were both just beaming. I will never forget the look on my fathers face. That was really the only time I felt good about signing something , simply because it obviously made my parents feel good about their son. It is of those moments in life that will stick with you forever.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anyway after the show was done I went to go talk to them before they left and as I was walking over, 4 people stopped me and asked me to sign posters. I looked over at my parents just to say "one sec" and they were both just beaming. I will never forget the look on my fathers face. That was really the only time I felt good about signing something , simply because it obviously made my parents feel good about their son. It is of those moments in life that will stick with you forever.
Gotta hand it to the U.S. Marshals. They are pretty creative.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
odds on the Civic Pub returning...maybe Margaritaville too?
36 Lewis Street, baby!

I may still have a pair of Guess jeans and a Chess King shirt I could wear. With my Whalers' cap, of course.

August_West

Reaction Score
Chucks Cellar?
Dagnys?
Cell block 11?
The Muni!!!!!!!??

August_West

Reaction Score
That's one place I actually do miss. Lots of fun shows there.
they had a hot tub backstage. The owner still tells a bawdry tale of the time we were in it New Years eve.

oh and Scarlet O'Haras

Reaction Score
nothing exciting about this, wish they opened up a good burger spot like a burger fi or shake shack instead. It would do well with the lunch crowd as there is like 1 good quick sandwich spot downtown.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
nothing exciting about this, wish they opened up a good burger spot like a burger fi or shake shack instead. It would do well with the lunch crowd as there is like 1 good quick sandwich spot downtown.
I wouldn't be surprised if a joint like that ends up in the area.

Reaction Score
Investment in downtown Hartford my not be wise but it is exciting and good for the city.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Well that is exciting news. Didn't realize the Yard Goats are that big a draw. Now I will temper my excitement until it actually opens and some signed August West memorabilia is on display

After this, things turned around and I stopped wondering why I ever opened this thread. Whoda thunk?

Reaction Score
I think this is good for Hartford. Wonder how crowded it would get for a MBB at the XL

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah, OK, this will last
I hate being a downer BUT does anything ever last in Hartford anymore? - are there enough moving back into the city - ones that will make and spend money?
The city has changed so much that even icons like Sage Allen and GFox have disappeared. (I know - the boxstores, malls and the suburbs)
With demographics being what they are - who is going to support the ballpark and the new Hard Rock.
They haven't even played one game and they think that perhaps the stadium will be a draw?
I just don't get it- even more, I question the sanity of the person who is developing this LONGSHOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom